shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks, Pricescope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Years ago, before PS, I became engaged. My FI started looking at diamonds and e-rings at mall stores and thought he could could afford around $4000, and that was what the "maul" and independent jewelers wanted for roughly a .6ct G VS2 or SI1 in a 6 prong Tiffany solitaire mounting at that time. What we ended up with was around a .8ct G VVS1 in brand new Stuller 6 prong solitaire mounting, purchased for around $3800 from an upscale pawn shop that dealt in estate items and had a very strong jewelry department that rivaled regular jewelers. That was a far better deal than we could get at any B&M jeweler at the time, whether maul or upscale. It was a pretty diamond but slightly deep, faced up a little small for its carat weight, and had a big natural on the girdle. It might not even qualify as a premium cut today.

This morning, on PS search-by-cut, there are 4 diamonds ranging .75ct to .8ct, G VVS1 or VVS2, cut excellent or very good, HCA .9 to 1.9, and prices $3100 to $3970. 17 years later, I can actually get the same carat weight but much better cut for essentially the same cost.

But, instead, I upgraded.
2.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results