shape
carat
color
clarity

thank you notes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been lurking on the RT forum since my fiance (boyfriend at the time) and I were researching engagement rings. After becoming engaged, I switched over to this forum and have found the information to be very helpful while planning our wedding.

My fiance and I encountered an issue this morning and we would like to know about your opinions / experiences. Obviously, we need to write thank you notes upon receiving engagement and wedding gifts. Proper etiquette dictates that we write the notes. However, we both have horrible (practically illegible!) handwriting. How bad would it be if we were to type the notes on cards? Have you seen or done this?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I''d personally prefer either you or your FI''s chicken scratch over a typed note. I say find a pen that helps you write as neat as possible and get it done!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen this, and I definitely wouldn''t recommend doing it. If people are putting a lot of thought into getting a gift for you and your FI, and they''re most likely going to be spending $ to attend to your wedding, I think the LEAST you could do is write out your own thank you card. Personally, I''d be a little ticked if I got a typed thank you card in the mail.

I don''t mean to sound disrespectful in my reply, and I hope it doesn''t come across that way. This is just one of those basic etiquette issues that I''m a stickler about.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I agree handwriting is the way to go. If your handwriting is really that bad, you can always do it in some form of single block letters!

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
Totally agree with everyone here- handwritten, only.
Take your time and split it up into doing a few cards at a time, instead of getting a ton done at once. Go slow and you''ll be good to go!
If it is really horrible regardless, I have heard of people hiring someone to write the actual card out, in your words, (you write out the thank you, but have someone else put it in the card ) but I do not recommend this, especially for people who are close to you and know your writing-it can be the same type of slap in the face effect that the typed out card has.
I would prefer a messy note to a typed one any day- it shows you care.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input and suggestions. I figured handwritten would be the general consensus. Our handwriting is very bad (we can barely read each other''s) regardless of the writing instrument, and I wouldn''t feel comfortable having someone else write the notes for us after we provide the words. We will have to write slowly and revert to first grade level block letters. Perhaps the process will even result in permanently improved handwriting for both of us!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results