shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you for all the help with my blood sugar.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
a1c was 7!!!!!!
I hit 7.0 a1c down from 10 with mostly just diet changes and minor med changes(ER metformin same dose, 15mg up to 20mg lisinopril) it has not been easy and has been frustrating at times.
The help and support I got on here to get me started made it so much easier!
Doc was happy at 7 but we are going to go lower.
One of the issues I was having was it being very inconsistent level on days when I ate and exercised the same.
130 one day and 220 (2 hours after dinner) the next with everything very similar.
To help with that im starting jardiance with the goal of tapering off or eliminating lisinopril next time.
A lot of the other tests were also better along with the a1c.

Thank you so much for the help!!!!!!!!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats! That’s a lot of hard work, stamina and willpower. Yeah!!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Karl_K, I'm elated to hear this! That's a significant drop.
My SO is diabetic, so far avoided insulin by adjusting meds (splits a.m Januvia and Glip dose into breakfast and lunch doses) and by eating low-carb frozen dinners and Keto ice cream. A restaurant meal is a cheeseburger with no bun but with bleu cheese and fried onions, who cares. It takes monitoring and tinkering but you're a scientist, you'll do it and you'll do it better than your doctors. I applaud what you've done.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is wonderful news Karl! Really happy for you and proud of your efforts!!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats that’s wonderful! Jardiance is a great med and it has the benefit of having cardiac protection- some cardiologists are prescribing it even in patients that don’t have diabetes because of this! I’m sure you will continue to see great progress :)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats that’s wonderful! Jardiance is a great med and it has the benefit of having cardiac protection- some cardiologists are prescribing it even in patients that don’t have diabetes because of this! I’m sure you will continue to see great progress :)
Yes, she mentioned my cardiologist would be happy I'm on it.
Thank you for the help!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Glad things are going well.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well done Karl
keep up the good work

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is good to hear, thank you for the update. What was your BP? Jardiance can lower systolic BP, but not diastolic, whereas lisinopril lowers both. My guess is that your BP was pretty good if your Dr is starting that treatment. Do you monitor your BP at home?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is good to hear, thank you for the update. What was your BP? Jardiance can lower systolic BP, but not diastolic, whereas lisinopril lowers both. My guess is that your BP was pretty good if your Dr is starting that treatment. Do you monitor your BP at home?
I had the wrong drug listed.
It is glipizide she wants to phase me off of taking.
I'm taking 20mg ER once a day now.
But might be able to adjust lisinopril too.
My resting Bp runs 120-130/70-80 on lisinopril 40mg + Acetazolamide 250 Mg as a water pill.
I do not check it at home at this time.
I had a machine but it was to far off the reading at the doctors office so tossed it.
Its on my list of things to do that I keep putting off to try and get one through insurance.

Edit: I would be very happy to ditch lisinopril as I dont like the side effects much but they are livable.

Thank you for your help!!!!

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news Karl! Excellent results! Keep going?!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful update and congratulations Karl for doing the hard work towards better health! Kudos to you! Best wishes for continued good health. :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This great news!!!! I was in your shoes years ago, my A1C I think was 12.8 or something like that and I made my mind up I had enough, took my meds, started walking , eat the right foods and lost 100 pounds, I currently am off all diabetic meds and my current A1C is 4.7, it is a lot of work and even harder to maintain but it can be done!! you should be very proud of yourself!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This great news!!!! I was in your shoes years ago, my A1C I think was 12.8 or something like that and I made my mind up I had enough, took my meds, started walking , eat the right foods and lost 100 pounds, I currently am off all diabetic meds and my current A1C is 4.7, it is a lot of work and even harder to maintain but it can be done!! you should be very proud of yourself!

wow congrates!!!
You rock!!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Yay good for you. How wonderful to see your work make a difference. :dance:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Great news!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, she mentioned my cardiologist would be happy I'm on it.
Thank you for the help!

Lisinopril is also protection for your heart!
This is such great news @Karl_K!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results