shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank You everyone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jake88

Rough_Rock
Well, it''s official. She said YES!! A big thanks goes out to everyone on the forum for helping find the perfect stone.
appl.gif

Here is my story (for those that want to hear it) I started out not even thinking of buying on the internet. I went to every B&M store here in the city. Asking friends where they got their rings etc.... I was looking for a 0.5 princess cut (I know, not as big as other people''s that are getting their erings). Every store I went to tought me the 4 C''s. These stones range from $3000 - $3500. And since I didn''t have a budget to begin with (didn''t know how much these things cost) I thought $3000 was great!!! The quality of these stones were between vs2 - si2 and color e - H which just fit into the $3000 range.

After looking at some stones, I knew I wanted an E color and nothing less (I know, I know, picky) and around a vs2 - si1. So off I went again. This time I told these B&M stores what I wanted. But to my surprise most of these tried to sell me a G-H, si1 - si2 saying there were almost no difference (by the way none of these stores mentioned CUT, which I didn''t even think was important at the time
nono.gif
. Frustrated, I jumped on the internet again, but this time did a search for diamond shops. I found the regular sites, blue nile, tiffany''s etc... but I also came to a site called diamonds.com I saw a stone (.56 princess) and it was for about 1500. I thought WOW saved my self 1500 bucks. But it had other information listed, such as table, depth etc... which I didn''t know anything about (which I later realized that it was the cut) and each had a price difference. So off I went again on the net to find out more about this new information. I found a forum (can''t remember the name now, is it called diamondtalk.com?) but they wanted my credit card in order to post messages. I back off right there.....it always makes me nervous that someone wants my CC number, but just to post messages??? That was outrageous. So anyway, it gave me the idea to look for forums (since I wasn''t finding the info that I wanted). but for some reason, I was having trouble finding that...but I did find diamondchitchat.com (great place by the way, but they were just starting out and not much people on that forum) and found the information that I wanted.

So I went back to the diamonds.com site and whipped out my CC and placed an order. But I was still not sure about the cut....and then I found this form, pricescope.com. It had a search engine, a form with lots of people and dealers. So I spent about 4 - 5 hours reading all the messages and tried to learn as much as I could. The research paid off, I found out that the stone I purchased was not a great cut. So I quickly called diamonds.com and cancelled my order. Then I searched again on their site (forgot about the search engine on pricescope.com after 5 hours of reading) and found a stone that I thought was perfect (0.50 Princess. the exact measurements I can''t remember, but I think the depth was 67 and table was 63, E color, VVS2) and after looking at Dave Atlus''s princess cut guide (THANKS DAVE!!!!!) it put my mind at ease. So again, I pulled my CC out and placed an order. The cost was around 1800.

At this time I was beginning to relax, so I thought I''d read some more messages and ask questions about the stone I just bought....and then I remembered the search engine...doh!!!
nono.gif
So I did a quick search and found out that other companies had the exact same stone and at a lower price! http://www.usacerteddiamonds.com had the exact stone for 1600!! So again, I called diamonds.com but this time, due to a technical glitch, my order was delayed. Great!! So I cancelled it promptly and called http://www.usacerteddiamonds.com.

These guys are great!!! Kim was the one that helped me. I told her the stone I wanted. She told me she would check and call me back to let me know if the stone was still available. It was!!! I ordered the stone, but through out the order process, Kim kept me informed from the tracking number to the delivery. And all this from an online retailer which I thought would never happen. It just put more peace into my mind about an internet purchase of this kind.

Anyway, to cut my story short at this point (I talk to much
naughty.gif
) I saved my self 1400 and had a diamond that was better then I thought I could afford. The proposal story I''ll leave for another day. But here are some pictures of the ring & pendant (yes I got a pendant too).

jake88

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the quality...my digital camera is about 6 years old

ring fronta.jpg

jake88

Rough_Rock
another one

ring front2a.jpg

jake88

Rough_Rock
here is a side view

ring side1.jpg

jake88

Rough_Rock
here is a picture of the pendant. It doesn't look like it, but this pendant is in white gold...lighting was bad when I took these pictures.

pend1q.jpg

jlim

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 5/9/2003 11:58:39 AM jake88 wrote:

After looking at some stones, I knew I wanted an E color and nothing less (I know, I know, picky) and around a vs2 - si1.
----------------

Jake - can you share why you wanted an E color or better stone?

Thanks.

jake88

Rough_Rock
Well, under natural light (or maybe it's just me) the stones look way whiter than let's say F or G. Most people say that they don't notice the difference, but I do. It also made the stone shine much more than the lower colors.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Jake, to you and your lucky gal! Thanks for sharing your story.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, BTW, a princess *is* going to show more color than a RB.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Very nice jewels! Very good job!
appl.gif
appl.gif
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Lovely setting! So, by using the net she got two for one!

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You were right to go higher in color and put your mind at ease on the princess. Square cuts "hold" more body color than Round Brilliants. So you probably did see a difference in the colors.

Gorgeous Ring and Pendant!
love.gif

Congrats to you both!
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Curious, are those trilliants on the side...nice presentation.

Yes, squares do show more color. Even I can see body color in a G, emerald cut.

Of course, the hopeless romantic wants to hear about the proposal!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jake, it is so great that you got everything worked out in the end!! I remember your posts about the pendant very recently. Both the ring and pendant look incredibly lovely. Congrats and be sure to post the story for us to read!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results