shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you card photo choice - help me pick!

What Photo Should Go in the Thank You Card?

• Photo #1 (Exiting the Church)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Photo #2 (Smooch)

• Photo #3 (Brick Wall)

• Just show me the results, woman!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so I have to pick a picture to send out with the thank you cards - can you guys help me pick?

If all goes well, there will be a poll at the bottom of this post!

Photo 1:

flowerpetals%20are%20fun.jpg

Photo 2:
AIMG_0770.JPG

Photo 3:

AIMG_0812.jpg

And photo 4:

jj1smaller.jpg

TIA!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I chose #3 because I like that it is a close-up of your faces. Perfect for a thank you card. I love the fourth one though. You have great pictures!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I voted for picture #1 because I think it really captures the joy you both felt right after being married. The other pics are gorgeous too, but I love the vibe and emotion coming from the first one. The way I see it, you''re thanking your guests for sharing in your joy on your wedding day, so I think that picture is perfect.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I chose the first because I like the sense of excitement/joy it captures, and that it shows all the people supporting you (presumably including those who you are sending the cards to).

But they''re all beautiful (what a photogenic couple!), so I think any of them would be great.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I voted #4, but was very torn between #3 and #4 - I think they are all gorgeous, and either of those two would be fantastic for a thank-you card
1.gif

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I like #3 because it looks like you''re looking right at your guests and thanking them personally! Really though, all four are quite breathtaking - you are lucky to have found such a great photographer
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I say #1 for the same reason Elrohwen stated...but 2 and 3 would also work really nicely. The only one I don't like for the card is 4 because the parking garage is a weird setting. Cool for artistic photography, but IMHO not a thank-you card crowd pleaser.

ETA: I did see that 3 is in the parking garage too, but I like it more because you see more of the couple and less of the garage.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the first one, it is so joyous and celebratory!

I love all of your pictures, but I would steer clear of sending out a picture of the two of you kissing. I know that several of my family members would not like to get such an intimate picture. (It''s gorgeous, though!)

You were a stunning bride.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for #1. I LOVE #4 as a photo, but it''s a little more artistic than I expect to see on a Thank You card. #1 is just so happy and beautiful, it just says "Thanks for coming and sharing our day, we are PSYCHED to be married!"
9.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
i like them all.. so I am NO HELP whatsoever! ;-) but i picked 1

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I like the 3rd because it''s a close up and a gorgeous pic!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the votes so far! We are having a tough time deciding. My personal favourite picture is the kissing one - I just love that one with the colour of the wall etc.

However I do agree it probably isn''t the best pic if that is the *only* one we send out. I do love it though :)

Keep voting girls! Hubby and I are each backing a different contender - so it will be great to see which one wins!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I voted #3 'cause it's a gorgeous closeup of the two you and I think it's absolutely perfect for a thank you card! FWIW, #4 was a very close second. I actually think this is one of my favourite wedding pix ever 'cause it's so unexpected and artistic. However, I think there's too much background and you and DH kinda get lost in the pic if that makes sense? Again, love it just not for the thank you card.

ETA: What's happening with the winter photo shoot?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I loved #1 when I saw it, but the size & closeness of #3 makes me think it''d be a better card. I don''t think you can go wrong, though, as they are all beautiful!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Number 3! I like that it''s a close-up, it reflects "Thanks for coming!" well to me.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 10:06:59 PM
Author: pocahontas
I voted #3 ''cause it''s a gorgeous closeup of the two you and I think it''s absolutely perfect for a thank you card! FWIW, #4 was a very close second. I actually think this is one of my favourite wedding pix ever ''cause it''s so unexpected and artistic. However, I think there''s too much background and you and DH kinda get lost in the pic if that makes sense? Again, love it just not for the thank you card.

ETA: What''s happening with the winter photo shoot?

Thanks for chiming in Pocahontas! As far as the winter shoot goes - I still don''t know. I think the makeup artist has been pretty busy. Who knows. I asked about it a few days ago so we''ll see.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1. I like the spontaneity! #3 would be my second choice for thank you cards, but... they''re all beautiful!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone - sorry the first picture was so small. Here is a bigger version (I think)in case it makes a difference.

DH isn't looking at the camera - is that bad?

[ETA: The picture quality isn't great because of the way I resized it. IRL it looks much better :)]

flowerexitoctober.JPG

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2009 10:45:32 PM
Author: october2008bride
Thanks everyone - sorry the first picture was so small. Here is a bigger version (I think)in case it makes a difference.

DH isn''t looking at the camera - is that bad?
He''s looking at you, as is appropriate under the circumstances!

Seriously, even if he isn''t looking straight at the camera, you can see his face. His Great Aunt Millie who wasn''t able to make it to the wedding will get a flavor of the wedding and will get to see the delight, in both of your faces, of being married.

I have to admit that I''m very biased towards candid photos. I''ll take a great candid shot over a carefully posed and composed shot any day. So... my vote remains -- #1!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, that is a hard choice! You are a beautiful, photogenic couple. My top two were #1 and #3--I love the joy the first one conveys, but I also like the close-up of your faces. #4 is lovely, but it doesn''t quite meet the other two. #2 I would skip because it might be too intimate.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone - so clearly it seems to be between 1 and 3.

Same ones DH and I were between.

Hahaha.

[ETA: actually, 1 and 4 have the same number. hmmm]

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Numero 3...

But I love # 1 too! For Thank You cards, #3 would be the one I''d pick
9.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I like #1 the best.

I like that the guests are in the photo. It makes it feel like they were part of the ceremony and you are thanking them for sharing in that memory.

If that makes sense LOL

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 6:29:04 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I voted #4, but was very torn between #3 and #4 - I think they are all gorgeous, and either of those two would be fantastic for a thank-you card
1.gif
DITTO!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with fiery. I think #3 is better for announcement, #1 is really appropriate for a Thank You because of all the people in the background. Personally, I''d think it was kinda neat if I received the card and could find myself in the background!

#3 says we are a gorgeous couple and had a gorgeous wedding, but #1 says We had so much fun sharing this with you.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with mia. If I were a guest I woud love to have #1 as it shows the true emotion of the day.

Good luck deciding they are all beautiful.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the first one. It really captures the happiness of the two of you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL photos BTW! I would say #3 or #4. We did a kissing pic as a thank you and I think some of the older generation was uncomfortable with it. Just something to think about.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to everyone who replied!

So DH has ended up winning - he wanted #3 and that is what *we* chose. By we, I mean my mom put her foot down and said that all of her friends would prefer a ''traditional'' picture for the thank you card.

I figured since they were all pretty nice, it wasn''t a bad option and didn''t want to argue.

For those who care, the order of my preference was:

I agree about the kissing shot making some old-folks uncomfortable (and by old, I mean old fashioned).

Hey - I figure my mom is really lucky because the one I originally wanted was this:

AIMG_0425.jpg

Definitely too alternative for her friends :)

Thanks again!

Prinny

Rough_Rock
I voted for picture #4, I absolutley love it! You two are such a cute couple, I think whichever picture you choose will be great
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results