shape
carat
color
clarity

Testing the waters...dippin my toes back in....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Hi! I am new-ish to LIW, I thought I would take the time to re-introduce myself to everyone here! Some of you might remember me and may have been a fellow LIW back in 05 with me! Others, not so much. J I loved being a part of LIW and BWW all those years ago, especially with waiting to be engaged, getting engaged, then planning the wedding and then finally getting hitched. Such a great place to bounce ideas, frustrations, joys and tears. I big puffy heart the dear friends I have made in the past here and look forward to making new ones!

With that being said…I am starting all over again. A few years after my joyous travel through this site, my, now EX, husband and I decided to get divorced. Without pointing fingers or directing blame, we will just leave it at a healthy; we decided to end our marriage. I know there are some who know the whole story and who tell me, to this day, that I am too nice. LOL, well, here is my take. Karma sucks!! ;-) It was hard and I have been through a lot since that point. A few days after I decided to leave ex-Mr. Strawdermangrl, my mom ended up in a coma. She was a cancer fighter for almost 10 years at that point and had a bad fungal infection in her lungs, we decided to put her in a drug induced coma and on a ventilator so that she wouldn’t have to work so hard to breathe so that maybe, the meds would start to work. All during this, a great friend of mine was there every step of the way. We were relatively new friends, met through some mutual friends, and he offered the love and unwavering support that I so desperately craved. I had made a promise to myself that I wouldn’t date for 2 years after my divorce but ended up breaking that vow. ‘R” and I started dating in July of 2007. It was bliss, truly. Amazing, he was everything I had read about in books, seen in movies and prayed for my whole life. Definitely, the opposite of my last, less successful relationship. Miraculously, Mom came out of the coma and went on to live the next 8 months. We had such a blessing in her and sadly she passed away in April of 2008. My heart was already in pieces and that just shattered the bits it was in already. Leaning on my friends and family and ‘R’ pulled me through the toughest thing I have ever been through. I was, obviously, a wreck. I held it together for my Dad, losing the love of his life and the only woman he had ever kissed and loved, I couldn’t let him see how much I wanted to fall apart. I, did , however let ‘R’ see the dark and depressed side, it helped me heal to expose those emotions and cry. I was so happy I had him. Dad and I decided to take a month off and travel, we had to get away for a bit and have family everywhere. Dad offered to pay for ‘R’ to join, citing he knew that I would have never made it through this without his support and love. Dad said to take the time from work and he would cover all expenses, bills ect. that he needed. Or if he wanted to join us in different places for a few days at a time, that would be fine too. R seriously considered but something kept him from coming ( He is a chef, works for himself and has the ability to take off long periods of time, as he did for trips with friends and family, really whatever he wanted). I went away and R started becoming more and more distant. One night, I didn’t hear from him until 4 am. I knew something was wrong. Come to find out, he was sleeping with another girl that worked for him. Starting 3 weeks after my mom died. We had just moved into our new house. We had decided we were going to get married. We had it all planned out. Needless to say, not the best thing that could have happened. I was completely devastated. I have NEVER felt pain like that. Sad to say, my marriage ending didn’t hurt me as badly as that did. I will not lie and tell you that I got over it easily, I fought the urge to make it work, I fought the urge to not move out. I fought the urge to just brush it aside because, I couldn’t handle losing something else. I was the most broken woman I had ever known and I hated myself for where I was. I blamed myself for him cheating. It was my fault, I was sad and he didn’t know how to deal. I pushed him into someone else’s arms, he had never lost someone before, excuses flowed from me to take the blame for his actions. Then one day, it dawned on me. I have no control over anyone but myself. How could I let myself be brought down by someone who was truly a wolf in sheeps clothing? After that, it all changed. I went back to school, got another degree that I have used and loved, I am working towards my masters and am hoping to achieve my PH.D. I have pulled thorugh the worst possible series of events and am happier and healthier than I could have ever expected. I have started dating again, SLOWLY, mind you. My biggest hurdle is to trust someone, completely, again. I do want to get married again, I want to have that once more but it is a slow process.

Anyway, long and very personal post but, I feel like to really re-join this community it is important that you all know where I am coming from! I am excited to be back, and maybe to rejoin LIW sooner than later. ;-)
35.gif

Wow, you have been through more than most people will go through their whole lives. That''s really great that you have been able to get your life back together despite everything. I hope things continue getting better for you and you will find someone who truly deserves you. Welcome back!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Renee! I''m so glad you are offically back on PS (even though I see you outside of PS). I''m so happy to have you back in my life. You always have so much joy and laughter to share with those around you. I hope you realize what a positive affect you have on people even though you''ve been down a rough road. I''m glad you found the light at the end of the tunnel. Just think of it as personal growth, what doesn''t kill you makes you stronger. *hugs*

p.s. can''t wait to see you next week.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back to LIW, Renee!!!!!!
35.gif

We were LIWs together, what seems like a lifetime ago, and I''m so happy to see you moving on in such a happy and healthy way. Your joyful personality and contant encouraging support were of huge comfort to me in those days, and I''m so thrilled to be able to call you a friend today.
9.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I was happy to see you had returned to PS, but feared it meant your marriage hadn''t fared well. To whichever your outlook, I''m sorry or congratulations for realizing it in a short amount of time.
My sincerest sympathy for the loss of your mother. It seems you fell down quite a rabbit hole for a while and I''m glad that you''ve determined your way out. Hopefully, when you are happy and really comfortable in your skin you can try love again. I wish you nothing but strength and good karma! Welcome Back!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Apple- Me too! I am so glad to be back! :) And, I am so glad we were able to rekindle our friendship!
36.gif
Looking forward to next week, too. Good times.
11.gif

LTP- We both had to hold each other up during our LIW days- LOL, we had some fun times!!!
9.gif
Glad and happy to call you friend as well. MMMMMmmmmmm.
2.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/15/2010 3:10:16 PM
Author: Starset Princess
I was happy to see you had returned to PS, but feared it meant your marriage hadn''t fared well. To whichever your outlook, I''m sorry or congratulations for realizing it in a short amount of time.
My sincerest sympathy for the loss of your mother. It seems you fell down quite a rabbit hole for a while and I''m glad that you''ve determined your way out. Hopefully, when you are happy and really comfortable in your skin you can try love again. I wish you nothing but strength and good karma! Welcome Back!
SP- Thank you! I was so excited to see you on here when I made it back. Funny thing, that rabbit hole. It made things look better and made me appreicate everything and everyone so much more.
36.gif

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow girl, you have been through a lot. It''s nice to "meet" you-- you seem really awesome and like a really healthy person. Congrats for pulling yourself out of all that darkness and moving on.

So sorry to hear about your mom.

I''m glad you''re here!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
wow.

you are SO strong to have made it through all this.

my deepest sympathies on the loss of your mother.

you know, when i hear of those guys who you always thought were amazingly wonderful, turn around and cheat, it just breaks my heart even more than if he was a scumbag.

38.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
HappyNewLife and Luckynumber- thank you both so much. :) Honestly, the way I see it is not so much being strong but choosing to move forward. I know that there are a lot of people who have been through much worse and have been much stronger. IMO, it all comes down to the choice of either letting it beat you down and becoming a ''victim'' or picking up the pieces and leaving the past in the past.
36.gif

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Over the last few days I''ve noticed every time I open a post I have already started to think how I will reply, only to realise that the post is NOTHING like I expected. Yours is another, and that is definitely not a bad thing, I like to be kept guessing. :)

I can only express my deepest most sincere condolences for the loss of your mother. When you said she had been battling cancer for so long, on top of all the other things that happened to her it really struck a chord with me. For years before my nana died in 2008 I was preparing myself every day for when she would go, it''s a horrible feeling and my heart really does go out to you and your father.

And then for all the rest of that to be piled up on you! It''s times like this I curse myself for not being able to reach through my computer and hug you and give you something lovely.

However, like someone else has mentioned, you seem like such a healthy adjusted person for it. You sound fun and upbeat, I am really excited to get to know you! I''m also an LIW board lurker who is by no means an LIW, so I''m sure we''ll get along fab :)

P
xxx

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Hi strawdermangrl!

1. Appletini has excellent judgement when it comes to the true character of a person and also does not hand out friendship like candy, so you must be a special lady!

2. I am truly sorry that you had to experience so much pain, but I''m glad you are in a more positive place now.

3. Please explain your screen name
1.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/15/2010 5:37:40 PM
Author: Parsley
Over the last few days I''ve noticed every time I open a post I have already started to think how I will reply, only to realise that the post is NOTHING like I expected. Yours is another, and that is definitely not a bad thing, I like to be kept guessing. :)

I can only express my deepest most sincere condolences for the loss of your mother. When you said she had been battling cancer for so long, on top of all the other things that happened to her it really struck a chord with me. For years before my nana died in 2008 I was preparing myself every day for when she would go, it''s a horrible feeling and my heart really does go out to you and your father.

And then for all the rest of that to be piled up on you! It''s times like this I curse myself for not being able to reach through my computer and hug you and give you something lovely.

However, like someone else has mentioned, you seem like such a healthy adjusted person for it. You sound fun and upbeat, I am really excited to get to know you! I''m also an LIW board lurker who is by no means an LIW, so I''m sure we''ll get along fab :)

P
xxx
I like to keep people on their toes...I''m sneaky like that.
2.gif

Thank you for your kind words, I can only imagine what you felt with your Nana. I am so, so sorry for your loss. *Hugs*

Thank you, I am working on it!
11.gif
I like to have a good time and making people laugh is one of the things I love most.
9.gif
I imagine we will be friends as well. I am excited!!!
36.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/15/2010 5:58:05 PM
Author: Guilty Pleasure
Hi strawdermangrl!

1. Appletini has excellent judgement when it comes to the true character of a person and also does not hand out friendship like candy, so you must be a special lady!

2. I am truly sorry that you had to experience so much pain, but I''m glad you are in a more positive place now.

3. Please explain your screen name
1.gif
Hi Gulity Pleasure!!!

1) Appletini is pretty awesome, she is true lady and a great friend! I am lucky to be considered a friend by her!
2) Thank you, very much, for your kind words. :)
3) My name comes from a Camp that I went to for the majority of my childhood and my teenage years. I started when I was 8 and my last year was when I was 18. It was great!! Most of my closest friends are the girls that I horseback rode with and...no judgement...used to do synchronized swim with. LOL, seriously. Like I said, no judgement...outloud at least. I am an only child and my dad is retired Air Force so we moved around a lot, Strawderman was my one constant. Every summer for 8 weeks, no matter where we lived, I would fly out to VA and spend the summer with my girls in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains. I might sound like a commerical, but it has been a tradition for years. A lot of girls I went to camp with had Grandmothers that attended camp there. So, that is my back story about my name. More than you wanted? Probably. HAHA.
9.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Hey Strawdermangrl!

I remember you from days past here on WF. I also remember seeing your wedding thread, so I am sad to learn that things did not work out. And My condolences on the passing of your mother. You have definitely been through a lot, but you sound very strong right now, which is a good thing! SO welcome back to PS!!!! I am sure there are many good things in store for your future.

Wanted to chime in on this thread because you are currently helping me with my new engagement ring setting (the Keystone) and bezel set earrings. You have been great during the whole transaction, so it is great to be able to put a face to a name. Looking forward to seeing you around here.
35.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
welcome back straw
35.gif

i was really touched by your post - your strength and now your ability to love yourself is very inspiring.

Thank you for posting your story...

**HUGS** hello
21.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
wow - that''s an amazing story. I''m sorry you''ve had so much pain and loss in your life over the past few years. You are obviously a very strong woman!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are a strong and wonderful woman Renee.

You have experienced a lot this past year... I am sorry the marriage didn''t work out..

But sounds like you are on a great path, and wish you only the best going foward and much happiness!!!
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back! You definitely seem like a strong girl! I remember your wedding thread as well. Sorry to hear that it didn''t work out and also that you lost your mother. Looking forward to reading more of your posts around here.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
WOW, it's like a class reunion on this thread!!

Stawdermangrl, you are a class act. You've been so kind to me, and you (and Apple, and onedrop, and starset, and bee, and Lauren) and a whole HOST of other gals who just haven't posted on this thread yet all came up through the LIW ranks together. I'm so sorry your marriage didn't work out, and I'm even more sorry for the loss of your mom (and the subsequent betrayal by your later partner.) Life throws all sorts of unexpected, unfair crap at you, and it CERTAINLY doesn't make sense at the time. It probably will later, though.

Anyway...it's great to see you here.
35.gif
35.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Onedrop- OMG! Nice to see you here! ;-) Glad you are happy so far. :)

blackpaw,Maevie,Kaleigh,bee*, and Blueroses- Thank you so much! I am excited to be back, it is totally like a reunion!
36.gif
It is great to see so many old friends!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Renee

I want to start off by saying how sorry I am about your mother. It must have been the most awful time.
console2.gif

Its was also really sad to read about the man who you were living with. How dreadful that he cheated on you. I am glad to see that you feel able to move on now. There is someone out there for you and he will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. I hope you find each other soon.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back Renee! I''m looking forward to seeing you around.
1.gif

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
Welcome back! I''m sorry to hear you''ve had a tough time (to put it mildly) but your positive outlook, in spite of it all, is really inspiring. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
HI!
35.gif
It''s nice to meet you, welcome back to PS! Wow, you are so strong for picking yourself up and carrying on after all you have been through. You have my greatest admiration and respect. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
1.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow you hae been through a lot. It is very inspirational though to hear despite all the heartache and disppointment that you are happy and successful. I wish you the best.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Maisie,IndyLady,Bunny007,Kribbie and oddoneout- Thank you so much for your welcome and your kind words! I am so happy to be back and looking forward to getting to know each of you better, as well!
9.gif

I have some news, ladies. I had a date this weekend....and it looks like it might turn out well. I will keep you posted..
2.gif

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
I''m already champing at the bit to find out how it went!! Sometimes I wish there was more of a ''dating'' culture here. It sounds fun. BF and I were 18 when we met and didn''t see each other for about 2 months between the first and second times we met, and the second time we became ''official'' lol :razz:

When you''re ready to give them, I want as many details as is humanely possible to divulge. And appropriate of course. And what you want to divulge. Ok let me start again, I want all the details you want to give. But quickly!

xxx

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/19/2010 5:05:32 PM
Author: Parsley
I''m already champing at the bit to find out how it went!! Sometimes I wish there was more of a ''dating'' culture here. It sounds fun. BF and I were 18 when we met and didn''t see each other for about 2 months between the first and second times we met, and the second time we became ''official'' lol :razz:

When you''re ready to give them, I want as many details as is humanely possible to divulge. And appropriate of course. And what you want to divulge. Ok let me start again, I want all the details you want to give. But quickly!

xxx
HAHAHA, you are right, we are going to get along just fine. So here, let me fill you in. We were set up by some friends. He actually works in the family business, and I mean my ENTIRE family is in the same line of work as he so I completely understood his demands and lifestyle resulting from that. He travels about 3 weeks out of the month when it is busy season, so it has been hard for him to date because most don''t get it. I do, which is kind of cool. Anyway. We talked for about a week, emails and phone calls. Finally went out on Friday night. It was fun, we had dinner then we went and had a few drinks afterwards. We have a lot in common and things clicked. We are going out again tonight, so we will see. I think I freak myself out. LOL. I think the minute I start to think "Is this something that could turn into a relationship?" I literally start to panic and nitpick.
38.gif
I really start to feel anxiety, I am hoping this is something that will pass?? Maybe I am just a freak? LOL, I don''t know. Any insight? I kid to my friends sometimes that maybe I am just supposed to wander the planet alone like the incredible hulk. HAHA
2.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/17/2010 9:49:01 PM
Author: Bunny007
Welcome back! I''m sorry to hear you''ve had a tough time (to put it mildly) but your positive outlook, in spite of it all, is really inspiring. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
<--- OMG, is that Gob? I miss that show....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results