• Turkish 100% cotton terry in 16oz white

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Turkish 100% cotton terry velour in 14oz. blue

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm buying FI a robe for his b-day but I'm not sure which to go with. He currently has a 12 oz cotton terry robe (from this same company) that has been wonderful for 4 or 5 years.

The fabric I'm deciding between is:

Turkish 100% cotton terry (looped on both sides)
Turkish 100% cotton terry velour (looped on the inside, smooth on the outside)

The terry comes in his favorite color in 12 oz (this is the robe he currently has) or white in 16 oz.
The terry velour would be 14 oz and be his favorite color.

downsides to terry:
would either be getting him the exact thing he already has (but not starting to get holy...) or would be in white (which would get really stained really fast and he hates the dingy look white stuff gets with wear)

terry velour:
I've never felt a decent quality terry velour (that I remember) and I'm not sure how it would hold up in comparison to the regular terry. I'm told by the company that it is the same high quality terry that FI really loved about his current robe but is only looped on one side. Would this be a problem with cats?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You probably have towels in your bathroom that are looped on one side and velour on the other, if you need to see and feel the fabric.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
This may be weird, but I HATE velour. Gives me goosebumps to touch it, very unpleasant. I suppose nobody else in the world is quite so strange -- DH looks at me like I'm a genetic mutation.

--- Laurie

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
quick update:

I felt every towel in our house but couldn't find any velour (they're all 100% cotton but are looped on both sides). Smudged the truth just a bit and told FI there was a discussion here about the best towels and asked what he thought about a traditional terry (looped on both sides) vs. a terry velour (smooth on one side, looped on the other). Turns out he doesn't care for velour. Partially the feel and partially that he doesn't believe it holds up as well as a regular terry. So, he very definitely prefers regular terry.

I wound up going with a different option than any I listed. The company I've ordered from before no longer carries the navy blue in the style I wanted so I'd have to order the lighter weight fabric in a color that FI is only so-so about anyway. Instead, I found a different company that is well thought of and has an assortment of heavier terry to choose from in different styles and colors.

Got a 100% Turkish cotton 24oz terry shawl colar robe in navy blue coming from the presidential collection. A bit more than I'd hoped to spend, but it is supposed to be worth every penny.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I'll let you know how it feels when it gets here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results