shape
carat
color
clarity

Terrible Interview

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I just went for my interview to work in a really nice B&M Jewellers near where I live. It was dreadful. I had a migraine when I was there and the air con wasn''t working in there so I was completely overheating. I dunno - I just felt so under pressure to impress him as I really want the job. It was a disaster. I couldn''t concentrate because of my headache and I felt really sick.

I had called in sick to my job today and brought the interview forward as I felt so unwell and just wanted to get it over with.

I really doubt I will be offered the job
8.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie,

I am so sorry. There is nothing worse then an awful migraine headache. Did you lose your vision too? DH and I suffer from those awful tings. I am on Topamax for those and haven''t had one since. They used to land me in bed for a week at times.

Maybe you did better at the interview then you think. Please get to bed and get some sleep.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Mais, I bet the interview went a lot better than you think it did. I hope you can get some relief and some sleep. Do you have any meds for the migraine?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear this maisie. Maybe you have a bad spin on it because of your headache and overheating? Try not to sweat it (no pun intended
31.gif
). Possibly it wasn''t as bad as you think. Even if you don''t get the job...there''s gotta be more than 1 jeweler nearby, right?
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisey ... if you really want the job, yet feel it didn''t go well ... maybe you should call the owner (or whoever you interviewed with) after you feel better & honestly explain what happened:

That you really wanted the job & got worked up & ended up with a migrane.

If you let them know it''s a rare occurance & ask for another chance it might really show drive & enthusiasm for their place. Everyone wants to be wanted! Shops don''t always have someone who wants to work there SO BADLY.

Don''t fret: confess!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Maise, I''m sorry {{{hugs}}}

Honestly, this is exactly what I would do, as I have found honesty IS the best policy.

I would call them up and ask to speak to whoever interviewed you. I would then say, "I just wanted to let you know that I have been suffering from a migraine for (x number) of days now. I could have rescheduled the interview, but I don''t think that would have looked good. I am certain my potential and enthusiasm for this job did not come across well today, and I would be so appreciative if I could possibly interview with you again when I''m feeling better. Would that be possible?".

What have you got to lose?
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, posting while deco was. But hey, that's two for calling them back!
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
GREAT IDEA Deco and Ellen!!!!!!!!

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Maisie. I hope you are resting. Lots of hugs to you.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thankyou for all your lovely replies.

I have been resting and feel slightly better but the nausea is still quite bad. I hate migraines.

I will wait until Thursday (they said to expect a call) and see what they say. If I didn''t get it I won''t get too upset. I know there will be other jobs. I guess I am just annoyed with myself for not doing well.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to answer your questions.....

Linda, yes I lose my vision - it really scares me and I worry it will never come back again. Silly I know but I don''t think rationally when I have one
1.gif

Lorelei, I have pain medication and its not that strong but it still makes me drowsy. I also get really bad stomach ache after I take it. My doctor wants me to take something else but I am just to panicky to change it incase it doesn''t work

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
If you haven''t tried Imitrex you should talk to your doctor about it. My wife gets frequent migrations and has two forms to use depending on the severity - pills and self-administered shots. She''s actually been on botox for the last couple years - one of the off-label uses is for prevention of migraines for for people who get them frequently. It''s been working tremendously well. If you have them frequently (e.g. more than one a week) then you might want to investigate that as well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking you should call them back too, but if you want to wait and see, then that makes sense too. I''m so sorry about your migraine. I suffer from them as well.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sending a thank you note is somewhat common after an interview, so you could combine that with an explanation as to your energy level during the interview. Since it won''t get there before Thursday via mail, you could drop it off tomorrow after work.

If they''re going to give you the job anyway, this will only make them feel better about their decision. If they weren''t planning to, this might change their minds. I think you have nothing to lose!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 4:58:02 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Sending a thank you note is somewhat common after an interview, so you could combine that with an explanation as to your energy level during the interview. Since it won''t get there before Thursday via mail, you could drop it off tomorrow after work.

If they''re going to give you the job anyway, this will only make them feel better about their decision. If they weren''t planning to, this might change their minds. I think you have nothing to lose!
I agree phoenixgirl sending a written letter thanking them for the opportunity and explaining your situation may salvage it Maisie. It will show that you are courteous, follow through and are keen and have old fashioned values like hand writing a letter. Worth a go I say.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
You''ve gotten some great advice. I seriously would not give up. It''s bad luck that you had a migraine but I agree you should contact them and see if you can either re-interview or just come up and talk to them.

Sorry about your interview -- migraines suck! I''ve not had them but my BIL gets them in his stomach, not his head. They are miserable in any form.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry things didn''t go as well as you wanted them to, Maisie. I hope you feel better soon! I like the idea of calling or sending a card and explaining how you were feeling, etc., but if they''re going to make a decision by Thursday, they may not get the card in time. If it doesn''t work out, there are other fish to fry, so to speak.
1.gif

I''m sending positive thoughts and vibes to you across the pond....did you get them yet?
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry.
8.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you feel much better soon, Maisie!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the follow up phone call and/or note. It could make all the difference.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 4:38:11 PM
Author: Maisie
Lorelei, I have pain medication and its not that strong but it still makes me drowsy. I also get really bad stomach ache after I take it. My doctor wants me to take something else but I am just to panicky to change it incase it doesn''t work

My old migraine meds (Imitrex) used to really bother my stomach. My doctor gave me a free sample of a different med (Maxalt) to try out before I switched (the pills cost way too much to fill a prescription of something that doesn''t work). I still had some of my old meds on hand, in case I didn''t like the new, but its much better, and I''m glad I switched. I''d give a different med a try, especially if you can get some samples.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you! Feel better!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie,

Just checking up on you. How are you feeling today, after your terrible Migraine? Do you get them a lot? My Dr. put me on Topamax to prevent them. It works really well.

Linda

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. Your suggestions have been noted
1.gif

I am feeling loads better today - I wish my interview had been today instead of yesterday! I went back to work too and had a good day.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad you are feeling better today
36.gif

Linda

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Linda, your concern was very much appreciated!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 1:39:58 PM
Author: Maisie
Thanks everyone. Your suggestions have been noted
1.gif

I am feeling loads better today - I wish my interview had been today instead of yesterday! I went back to work too and had a good day.
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
19.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you feel even better if you had a M&S bikkie or two?
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 3:52:50 PM
Author: Harriet
Would you feel even better if you had a M&S bikkie or two?
2.gif
Oh absolutely!!!! I work just down the street from Marks too - I wonder why I don''t go in there more often!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results