shape
carat
color
clarity

Tension Mount and diamond size upgrade

Kanga

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I have a beautiful tension mount unity band (thick band that incorporates a wedding and engagement ring in one). The center stone was a .63 princess cut that had a corner crack in half...yes, one corner literally cracked all the way through. I sent it to my insurance company and they offered a replacement stone at the same specs or a cash out. I'd rather pick my own diamond so I took the money. Today, I finally went shopping. I found a great stone which is slightly larger at .70. Although it's a great stone, I was hoping to go up to around .9. However, the jeweler informed me that because of the tension mount, the in set diamonds, and side set diamonds, I was not able to fit anything bigger into the mount. How true is this statement? I think hte diamond she offered is amazing, but I was hoping to size up. I'm attaching a picture for reference.
Thank you!

_2700.jpeg

_2701.jpeg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can certainly get a bigger diamond, but yeah you'll likely need a new setting.

Kanga

Rough_Rock
So literally a whole new ring?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's a true tension setting then yes. They aren't very flexible in what size the can hold.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You can take it to a different jeweler, but you will likely hear the same thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results