shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis necklace + ultrasonic?!

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello all I have a question. I have a diamond tennis necklace. I just stuck it in my US since I pretty much stick everything there. Then I steamed the necklace. Now I’m wondering if that was foolish of me. Is it safe to stick a diamond necklace in an US? I was thinking not a good idea because I noticed the diamonds kept on touching and I was worried that the vibrations would cause them to scratch as they run slong each other. Does it require more force than US to scratch diamonds? How do jewelers clean them?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An untrasonic is perfectly fine for diamonds. Best to try and lay it in a coil shape so every bit can get a nice vibration.
Other than that I just use a bit of liquid soap and a soft toothbrush lay out in a line flat on a towel and scrub gently one side, turn over and do the other. Then rinse under water (always plug in the sink) lay back on a dry bit of towel and pat dry. I also use a silver impregnated jewellery polishing cloth. Again, lay flat and gently rub the cloth. A silver polishing cloth can’t damage diamonds.
In an ultrasonic just never put in pearls or opals. I don’t put Emerald in either as with their natural internal flaws better safe than sorry.

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
Hello all I have a question. I have a diamond tennis necklace. I just stuck it in my US since I pretty much stick everything there. Then I steamed the necklace. Now I’m wondering if that was foolish of me. Is it safe to stick a diamond necklace in an US? I was thinking not a good idea because I noticed the diamonds kept on touching and I was worried that the vibrations would cause them to scratch as they run slong each other. Does it require more force than US to scratch diamonds? How do jewelers clean them?

Can you share pictures of your tennis necklace? I am strongly considering one from IDJ, but i want one that does not flip? Does your flip when you wear it and would you mind me asking the carat weight?

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Can you share pictures of your tennis necklace? I am strongly considering one from IDJ, but i want one that does not flip? Does your flip when you wear it and would you mind me asking the carat weight?

Sure! It is 11 carats but not PS quality diamonds. Still love it! It doesn’t flip. Thinking of upgrading to a PS one though. Can’t go wrong with IDJ! EE72C536-D57C-4632-8AAA-2C664915C6D9.jpeg EE72C536-D57C-4632-8AAA-2C664915C6D9.jpeg

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
Thank you for sharing, it is beautiful and looks like it has lots of sparkle. So yours is graduated and 11 carats does not flip? Was it custom made? I am thinking 10-15 carat but i was not sure if i wanted graduated or straight. Do you find that you only wear it on special occasions, or do you wear it with anything? This is a christmas present to myself :kiss2:

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing, it is beautiful and looks like it has lots of sparkle. So yours is graduated and 11 carats does not flip? Was it custom made? I am thinking 10-15 carat but i was not sure if i wanted graduated or straight. Do you find that you only wear it on special occasions, or do you wear it with anything? This is a christmas present to myself :kiss2:

Correct 11 carats and does not flip. Mine is not as graduated if that makes sense. It is a slow transition to smaller diamonds as opposed to a Riveria. It was not custom made. In fact, per Yekutiel, I bought the last one. He had already sold 9 and this was his last one. I was iffy about it given that it is not PS quality but he reassured me that I would love it, which I still do, even after 2.5 years! I wear it EVERYDAY! I am a professor and I wear it to work. I wear it for social occasions. I will stack it with a diamond pendant on a thin 16 inch chain so that it looks like a one piece. I could go on and on singing its praise! Again, I want to upgrade to PS diamond quality tennis necklace, that is how much I love this necklace!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An US vibrates what it is cleaning.

A diamond can scratch another diamond.

I don't care what anyone says, I'd never allow diamonds to touch each other in an US.

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
Correct 11 carats and does not flip. Mine is not as graduated if that makes sense. It is a slow transition to smaller diamonds as opposed to a Riveria. It was not custom made. In fact, per Yekutiel, I bought the last one. He had already sold 9 and this was his last one. I was iffy about it given that it is not PS quality but he reassured me that I would love it, which I still do, even after 2.5 years! I wear it EVERYDAY! I am a professor and I wear it to work. I wear it for social occasions. I will stack it with a diamond pendant on a thin 16 inch chain so that it looks like a one piece. I could go on and on singing its praise! Again, I want to upgrade to PS diamond quality tennis necklace, that is how much I love this necklace!

Yes, i think i like your style better! Mine is a true Riveris, but i like your gradual and subtle transition to smaller stones. I will reference this style with IDJ, this is the perfect mix between a straight and Rivera. Like you, i plan to wear it most days. I hope i am able to get it before the holidays!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
An US vibrates what it is cleaning.

A diamond can scratch another diamond.

I don't care what anyone says, I'd never allow diamonds to touch each other in an US.

I agree with Kenny.
never allow diamonds to touch each other period!
never allow them to touch other jewelry either.
The act like vicious little chain saws with the slightest vibration.

The pro level tanks are deep enough that it is much easier to drape them in.
I would recomend using steam only on it.

JoeQueen

Rough_Rock
Sure! It is 11 carats but not PS quality diamonds. Still love it! It doesn’t flip. Thinking of upgrading to a PS one though. Can’t go wrong with IDJ! EE72C536-D57C-4632-8AAA-2C664915C6D9.jpeg EE72C536-D57C-4632-8AAA-2C664915C6D9.jpeg

Hi,
I’m just curious about what you mean by “price scope quality”? Does that just mean ideal cut instead of excellent cut? Or, does it mean VS stones instead of SI? Isn’t the necklace very sparkly in-person. I’m just wondering because I’ve been looking at IDJ‘s website for tennis necklaces.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you hang it across a ring rack then it will be ok. The diamonds will not touch each other, but be sure it doesn't touch the bottom of the tank.

IMG_1386.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I’m just curious about what you mean by “price scope quality”? Does that just mean ideal cut instead of excellent cut? Or, does it mean VS stones instead of SI? Isn’t the necklace very sparkly in-person. I’m just wondering because I’ve been looking at IDJ‘s website for tennis necklaces.

@JoeQueen PS quality is usually VS+, colorless and excellent cut. I ascribe to PS quality for larger stones. But for earrings and necklaces I am less stringent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results