shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennessee Residents?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
The FI and I are considering moving to TN, particularly the Knoxville area because I have an Aunt and Uncle we are close with there. Any body want to help me out listing some pros and cons of the area. Also, for those who have moved away from home and friends and family, are you glad you did? I love the area as I have been to visit and houses etc are SOOOOO much cheaper in New Jersey, about HALF the price. What does everyone think?

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
Bump...

ANY TN residents? would love some pros or cons of the area

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I was born in Knoxville. Also, went to college my sophmore year in Maryville-about 30 mins west. Beautiful area-near smokies. I do not live in TN and have not for a good while, so I can''t speak for anything present. I do think it is beautiful there, though.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in Nashville, and have been here 10+ years. It was somewhat of a culture shock coming from Jersey, but it''s a really fun town that is growing enormously. I don''t know much about Knoxville, but I thought I''d chime in and say the mid-state area is nice.
2.gif
Good luck with your move!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in nashville too. i've been to knoxville a few times and it's a really nice city. it's a lot smaller than nashville but very friendly. they are all about UT though and most would bleed orange if they could. I heard that UT has the highest # of fans to attend football games in the country only falling 2nd to Michigan. Housing is very reasonable though. a 3-4 bedroom 2500-3000 sq/ft house is maybe $250-$300?? it's only 2 1/2 hours from nashville, an 3-4 hours from atlanta.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There used to be a poster here who went by the screen name "MoonRiver" who was in TN. I haven''t seen her post for probably 6-8 months, though...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and I meant to add I''m in IL but grew up in southern IN... been through TN many times driving down to FL for vacations, lovely state from what I saw from the highways, lol! Seriously, though, DH and I have good friends who own a lakehouse in TN and they just love it so much that they want to move there as well. I''ve honestly never heard anything negative about living in Nashville or Knoxville...but again I haven''t heard much to go on either way. Have you done an internet search for "moving to Tennessee" or "Tennessee forum?" I''ve looked up other states using those kinds of search terms and come up with some good opinons.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have any advice on Knoxville but I am moving to Nashville on Monday and expecting major culture shock!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
DAH- If you need any advice/tips about Nashville, please don't hesitate to ask! I'd post my email, but I don't think we're allowed to
33.gif
Where are you moving from, may I ask?

ETA: You may want to get all of your shopping out of the way before you come! We have 9.25% sales tax
6.gif
hehe

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
DiamondsAreHot..... I see on my last post you said you are starting Law school in the fall, where will you be going? I was looking at UT in Knox b/c its a steal at 9000 a yr....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 2:58:46 PM
Author: Diamonds are Hot!
I don''t have any advice on Knoxville but I am moving to Nashville on Monday and expecting major culture shock!

well, you''ll find the folks are very friendly but things move at a much slower pace here than in major cities. everyone doesn''t seem to mind *taking their sweet time* but it really is a wonderful city and I''ve grown to love it. the shopping is horrible but gradually getting better with an Urban Outfitters and Anthropolgy coming soon. Please don''t hesitate to ask questions about the area if you have any. good luck with your move...

p.s. it looks like there may soon be enough middle tennessean''s to warrant a get together
1.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 9:16:53 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 3/10/2007 2:58:46 PM
Author: Diamonds are Hot!

well, you''ll find the folks are very friendly but things move at a much slower pace here than in major cities. everyone doesn''t seem to mind *taking their sweet time* but it really is a wonderful city and I''ve grown to love it. the shopping is horrible but gradually getting better with an Urban Outfitters and Anthropolgy coming soon. Please don''t hesitate to ask questions about the area if you have any. good luck with your move...

p.s. it looks like there may soon be enough middle tennessean''s to warrant a get together
1.gif
Yes! We must do this! I wonder how D are H is getting along so far....

rjdodd

Shiny_Rock
Well I''m in TN - though it''s Memphis, a looong way from Knoxville.

''bout the only things the east and west of the state have in common: no state income tax, but a high sales tax.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results