shape
carat
color
clarity

Tempur-Pedic Mattresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone own a Tempur-Pedic mattress? I''ve been seriously considering purchasing one and would love to hear the opinions of anyone who already owns one. Even when sleeping for 8 hours, I wake up tired. I currently own a Sealy euro pillow top.

Thanks.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I just had a new mattress delivered today, but I didn''t go with the temperpedic. Have you gone to a mattress store and tried out all the different types of mattresses? I didn''t know there was so much to choose from. I really liked the tempurpedic, but didn''t like how I just kinda went thud when I laid on it...no bounce, or anything. I liked the matteresses that we''re softer. That''s my story
16.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 4:11:13 PM
Author: marvel
I just had a new mattress delivered today, but I didn''t go with the temperpedic. Have you gone to a mattress store and tried out all the different types of mattresses? I didn''t know there was so much to choose from. I really liked the tempurpedic, but didn''t like how I just kinda went thud when I laid on it...no bounce, or anything. I liked the matteresses that we''re softer. That''s my story
16.gif
Do you mind telling me what you went with?? I am looking for a softer mattress as well.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 4:14:17 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 3/24/2007 4:11:13 PM
Author: marvel
16.gif
Do you mind telling me what you went with?? I am looking for a softer mattress as well.
Hi Kaleigh
35.gif
I went with a Simmons Beautyrest super pillowtop. I haven''t even slept on it yet. But, so far if feels really comfy.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
hi, my parents bought a tempur-pedic mattress and had it for a while. they said it was a great mattress, but they did not know that when they bought it it would make them very very hot at night. so that was why they wouldn''t buy it again. i wanted to get one, but since they said it makes you hot, i just bought the tempur-pedic pillow which has helped me tremendously.

hope that helps!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
We''ve had our Tempur-Pedic Celebrity mattress set for several months now and we really like it. Tempur-Pedics are firm, but they do soften up somewhat after you have them for a while. They suggested that we walk on them every day at first to help break them in. I am at that "hot flash age" and I haven''t found them to be too warm at all and I was really worried about that. We also got Tempur-Pedic pillows. I would suggest checking out different types of mattresses in stores as much as you can before purchasing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sundial,
I own one too!!!

Cepster,
I owned a Sealy and my husband would find me sleeping on the floor because it hurt my back. Then we went to a local store and tried the Temperpedic. It is hard to get to use to but I love it!!! I would get the pillow top. I have the regular version but I think if they made the pillow top back when we bought it I would get it instead.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
we have a sterns and foster and my hubby doesn''t like it at all. we plan on getting a tempur-pedic b/c all the people we know who own them just love them.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Sundial--The Celebrity with the pillow top sure does look comfortable. It''s good to hear that they are a bit firm...I was kind of worried that they wouldn''t be supportive. Have you noticed better sleep since switching over?

Skippy--Would you mind telling me which model you have? I had no idea that there were so many different models until I went to their website today.

I saw their informercial today and actually called to order an information kit. I''m a side sleeper and sometimes I wake up with back pain.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only hear raves about it, is there an in home trial? (though that thought is a bit gross, who has been on it besides you?!)

I know that some of these bed companies give you 30 days to return it if you hate it, I think the only real way to tell is to sleep on it for a while, laying on it in the store is just not the same in mho. But it is such a hassle to deal with that I am sure, and they are probably not thrilled if you call back and say Come and get it! There is nothing worse than poor sleep, or waking up not refreshed...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah, we own a sealy with pillow top, not sure what model but we bought it in 2004 I think...we''ve hated it ever since. We tried it out in store, slept on it for about six months unhappily, then added a down baffled feather bed on top (underneath the fitted sheet) which helped for a bit, but now we have ended up sleeping separately! DH sleeps on his new Lazyboy in the basement and I sleep on the "comfy" couch upstairs in the living room! It''s terrible...we both want to sleep in "our" bed but neither of us wants to deal with the neck and back pain that goes along with that...it sucks! I''m sooooo looking forward to getting another bed/mattress soon!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I had considered one of those but we went with the Select Comfort instead. I knew someone who had one and she loved it. We have sold one of our friends on it as well.
We can each keep our side adjusted to the level we want. I like mine softer, husband likes his firmer. It has helped his back a lot. Just an idea! Plus now I don''t have to worry about flipping the mattress anymore.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 2:32:40 AM
Author: cpster

Sundial--The Celebrity with the pillow top sure does look comfortable. It''s good to hear that they are a bit firm...I was kind of worried that they wouldn''t be supportive. Have you noticed better sleep since switching over?

Skippy--Would you mind telling me which model you have? I had no idea that there were so many different models until I went to their website today.

I saw their informercial today and actually called to order an information kit. I''m a side sleeper and sometimes I wake up with back pain.
I''m really glad that we chose the pillow top model. I wouldn''t say that I sleep better (I still have sleep issues but it isn''t because of any mattress) but I do sleep more comfortably on the Temper-pedic. I really notice a difference when we travel now. It does take some getting used to though.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
We have one, and we LOVE IT!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

We have had it for about 2 years now... we have the thicker mattress and the matching foundation. I have heard that some people say they can be hot in the summer, but we have never had that problem. I have also heard that adding a thin mattress pad will remedy that situation.

Yes, it will seem very firm when it is new, but will soften up nicely as it gets "broken in" and used.

I totally recommend Tempur-pedic, and when we sleep in a hotel or anywhere else, we MISS OUR BED!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a Tempur-Pedic too and it''s the absolute best mattress I''ve ever slept on, bar none. Of course as many of you know, it''s in our condo in Florida and we''re still in NC., but in three weeks we''ll be home and sleeping on that fabulous mattress soon enough (I really miss my bed!). Also, we have a Select Comfort (The Sleep Number Bed) in our guest room. It was our mattress before the Tempur-Pedic, but I was truly disappointed with it and was never able to find a number that met my needs. I have lower back problems and the Tempur-Pedic is the only mattress I''ve ever owned that just eliminates pressure points, thus, I wake more rested and feeling better than on any other mattress. I''ve heard people complain that they found the mattress warmer, but honestly, I''ve never found that to be the case.

Hope this helps you.........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 2:32:40 AM
Author: cpster

I think we have the Original but I would get the one Sundial got. They didn''t make the Celebrity 4 years ago when we bought it. Best wishes. Go try it out and buy one from a place that you can switch it out if you don''t like it for something different.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Eh, it''s ok. I still get back pain sometimes but overall it''s a decent bed for that. I sleep pretty well on it. My DH isn''t terriblly fond of that ''sinking'' feeling. He flops alot at night and I have to say it can be hard to change position. I''d like to be able to roll over a little easier myself.

Once we move this summer we''re going to get a Doctor''s choice from Denver Mattresses. We''ve been waiting because we want a king and there''s no freaking way a king would fit up the stairs in the current house! We''ve done some mattress shopping and those are just heavenly. I nearly fell asleep in the show room!
5.gif

Margarw

Rough_Rock
I (we) totally love our Tempurpedics!!!! We got our first about three years ago b/c my DH was having back pain. Between his not being able to get comfortable and tossing and turning all night - neither of us was getting any rest. A friend recommended a Tempurpedic - we went to a store that had a floor model, and decided what the heck....Well, within about three nights, we were sleeping better than we ever had. I''ll fast forward a little bit, as further testimonial.... My DH also has a snoring problem (or actually I had the problem with his snoring
emsmileo.gif
) Anyways, he was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea, and now sleeps with a C-PAP machine. I started sleeping in one of the guest rooms, b/c I couldn''t stand the snoring....anyhoo, we decided to get a Tempurpedic for the guest room, which has now become my room. Even though we''re a little young to be sleeping in seperate rooms (I''m only 40), I''ve never slept better, and we love that we both have our very own Tempurpedics.

We travel quite often, and always miss our beds!

For what it''s worth, I think you''d like the Tempurpedic. I''m somone who''s normally warm no matter what the temperature in the room, and I haven''t found the bed to be too warm.

Good luck and happy sleep!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marg, you sound like me. Hubby snores a lot, swears he does not, and I have terrible insomnia. Can only sleep with him if I get to bed and fall asleep before him...which never happens. I am 41. I think he has apnea too, he makes weird noises etc and he just won''t go to the doctor to check it out. He gets upset if I sleep in the other room but I seriously cannot sleep and it makes me insane. I get maybe 2-4 hours sleep a night if I am lucky. Anyway, I am interested in a new mattress because along with the insomnia I have fibromyalgia and the pain spots in my neck and low back and pelvis make it impossible to get into a totally comfy position...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have close friends who own a mattress store, and therefore could have anything they want, and they have a TP. I have one on my list as well! I am getting to the point that I treasure my limited time to sleep and I want to be very comfortable!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies everyone. Keep ''em coming. I''m waiting for my information kit to arrive. I think we''re going to wait until we buy and move into a house later this year so we can keep our current bed as a guest bed since it''s only six months old though. I can''t wait to try it though!

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
My husband and i got our tempurpedic about a year ago and i really love it!! i sleep on my sides so i would wake up with a lot of hip pain on a regular mattress, but this bed has nearly eliminated it, now though when i visit my parents house i have problems sleeping because of the spring mattress. we got one with a pillow top so i''ve never found that it''s been too hot during the summer, but then again i keep my room very cold at night. have you ever tried one out before? the first time i sat on one was in a brookstone store in one of our malls...it was amazing, my husband and i were dating at the time and both agreed we needed this bed for when we got married...lol...sleepy''s also has the tempurpedic so you can find a store around you and test it out for yourself...i bet that you won''t be dissapointed when you sink in!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results