color
clarity

Temp Check

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun isn’t it @Dee*Jay!

Geez... right?!

The Australian shepherd is loving this. The Jack Russel... not so much. Every time he goes out I stand right by the door so I can get him in as soon as he's done because I'm afraid he's gonna freeze his little boom boom off at this temperature! :lol:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sunny, no wind today. A beautiful, pleasant day, which didn’t feel nearly as cold as it was: -20 C

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's warm here at the beach, 75 F and Sunny. :cool2:
I'm going commando in shorts, flip flops, and no shirt.
Ahhhhhh!

75n sunny.png

How's your weather today?

Commando..That doesn’t stir up pretty thoughts! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just asked Alexa..haha..22 degrees right now. It was in the low teens during the night. I have a weather clock. :bigsmile:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butt cold
DBAB9E60-9B20-4F2E-BCD8-84FD7DCAA6B1.jpeg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
64F and I'm wearing a sleeveless puffy jacket indoors. I don't think I can ever move out of California. I don't know how the rest of you can get used to below freezing temperatures. Last winter we went up to Big Bear (also in California) and there was snow storm, so temps were 28F and the whole family almost died! We were miserable, just wanted to go home!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
64F and I'm wearing a sleeveless puffy jacket indoors. I don't think I can ever move out of California. I don't know how the rest of you can get used to below freezing temperatures. Last winter we went up to Big Bear (also in California) and there was snow storm, so temps were 28F and the whole family almost died! We were miserable, just wanted to go home!

year when i say i like the cold i mean like 14 - 16 degrees sunny outside

i enjoy a bit of a frost if its a blue sky day and the sun comes out

i know you need winter cold for stone fruit and for trees to make Autumn colours
but immnot keen on anything 10 degrees or below -thats the treshold where washing will still dry on the line outside and grass seed will grow and paint will dry

i dont know how people survive in cold winters
i guess they like winter clothes more than i do

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Nor'easter is coming to our area.

"Forecasters from the National Weather Service remain confident that a powerful snowstorm could strengthen into a “bomb cyclone” and dump up to a foot of snow across a wide swath of New Jersey late Friday and Saturday. In addition, the storm is likely to generate wind gusts as strong as 40 to 50 mph, which could cause tree damage and power outages."

The calm before the storm.

oursnowybeachbackyardd.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
-12 F. The water is frozen in the kitchen at the moment, which always happens when it get below -3 for a sustained period. FUN with old houses!
Looks like that bomb cyclone is going to dump all over Saturday...
Ah, winter.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
28 right now with a high of 47 today in coastal NC, possibly another storm this weekend.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Nor'easter is coming to our area.

"Forecasters from the National Weather Service remain confident that a powerful snowstorm could strengthen into a “bomb cyclone” and dump up to a foot of snow across a wide swath of New Jersey late Friday and Saturday. In addition, the storm is likely to generate wind gusts as strong as 40 to 50 mph, which could cause tree damage and power outages."

The calm before the storm.

oursnowybeachbackyardd.png

@missy, this needs a thread! I came here to join the thread and find that there isn't one. I was thinking of you and my friend in Connecticut whose husband works for the utility company. I don't want to use her real name. I will start the thread. I hope you will be OK on the Jersey Shore!!! I have been thinking of you.

Hugs,
(((missy))) (((CT friend)))
Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, this needs a thread! I came here to join the thread and find that there isn't one. I was thinking of you and my friend in Connecticut whose husband works for the utility company. I don't want to use her real name. I will start the thread. I hope you will be OK on the Jersey Shore!!! I have been thinking of you.

Hugs,
(((missy))) (((CT friend)))
Deb

Thank you sweet Deb. In responded to the thread you started. It is a fierce storm. Just brutal. I am worried for all the people and animals in its path. :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results