shape
carat
color
clarity

tell me what you think about my idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

groovephi

Rough_Rock
i got the ring about 4 weeks ago.
i will pick it up friday, and now after lurking and posting for a few weeks i think i have an idea.

i was thinking of sending her flowers at work in the morning.
then sending her candy around lunch time.
then having a letter sent to her job right before she leaves with directions to a secret location. (havent decided what location, either hotel room or bed and breakfast or restaurant).

i wanted to print about 25 pictures of us and frame them (inexpensive IKEA frames), and put cards with comments attached to them. in other words, make a real life picture gallery.
i want to buy some wine and cheese and crackers, have nice music playing and make it seem like a real exhibit.

i wanted to buy a bunch of wedding magazines and have them around the place too. decorate the room with flowers and candles. the last frame would be a love letter in which i would ask her to marry me.

out comes the ring. BLING!!! just joking.
tell me what you think.
i pick up the ring friday, im going to IKEA on saturday while she''s in class, and i want to do this within the next few weeks.

eaglesgal

Rough_Rock
I think your idea sounds wonderful! Very sweet and romantic and I''m sure she''ll be touched that you put so much thought into it! Good luck and keep us posted.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love your idea and how much detail is involved in it!! I think that would be a completely WONDERFUL day for her from start to finish! ...but you definitely have to think about what you are gonna say when she decides to call you from work out of excitement wondering why she keeps getting fun stuff sent to her!

groovephi

Rough_Rock
i was actually gonna ignore her phone calls and txts that day until i saw her that night.
or maybe she''d get the idea that something was gonna happen after the second gift and then just play along.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I think your idea sounds great! Although maybe you don''t have to ''ignore'' her calls/texts, but could let tell her that you will have a lot of meetings, or have a really busy day at work or something like that. If it was me, I would just play along and enjoy all the flowers, etc. Best wishes for the proposal, please come back with hand shots!

kanemarie

Rough_Rock
I think this is fabulous!!! I once knew a guy whose fiancee was a criminology student. I helped him come up with clues to lead his fiancee to this select area in a large park here in town. Guys bring out the best in themselves and their mate when they''re in love. I''m sure whatever you come up with, she will spend the rest of her life thanking you.

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Wow! You put so much thought into that! That is extremely sweet! I am positive she would LOVE that! How could she not? Best of luck to you!!
12.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely would not "ignore" her phonecalls/texts...that will only make her suspicious! Do everything you''ve described, though, you have a wonderful plan in place so far. Best of luck to you, sounds like a perfect proposal!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Sweet, romantic, and almost perfect. Forget the bridal magazines ''cause you don''t want to "show your hand" before you''re ready to present the bling.

My only comment to my DH when he was planning the proposal, (we had picked out the setting/diamond together and had it made), was to make it romantic and all about us . . . but not in a public setting. Making it unique and about your shared experiences is a wonderful idea. I hope this turns out wonderfully for both of you. Congratulations!

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
I think it sounds very romantic as well. BUT! I doubt that it will come as a big suprise after all your "moves" before giving her the ring. If you want it to be a complete suprise I do not think that this setup will be sucessful. All depends on how much she knows/expects and your goals. Keep us updated!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results