carat
color
clarity

Tell me i'll love it

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

THERE IS A DIAMOND IN THE HOUSE! ekkkk.
It all happened rather fast, I saw a gorgeous ring on Trumpet and Horn, you know trolling as you do..... :whistle: and sent my SO the link, like I have MANY other times. But he really seemed to like this one and before you know it a package turned up at our door. Now I wasn't suppose to know about the package but sadly I was home.
It's stunning, an original Edwardian (1910's estimate) yellow gold filigree ring with an .75 OEC I SI1. However I have always wanted a AVC in rose gold and definitely always wanted rose gold and we were waiting for the right AVC to come up but nothing seemed to be happening.
I haven't got to see the ring in real life yet and I am sure that I will love it once I do, BUT i'm also scared that I will still want my AVC in rose gold that I had my heart set on.
I don't think I could say anything to my SO as he is already spent a lot of time stressing over this and asked me several times if I was sure about the ring.
Doesn't help that I suspect the proposal will be a few months away ;(
Any suggestions or experience? Or maybe just reassurance

Thanks

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting that the ring in is the house! Yippee!

I started out thinking I would like one style of ring, but ended up liking something different that suits me much better. Since you liked the ring enough to send a link to your SO, you'll probably like it when you see it IRL. You'll probably love it!

Why do you think he won't propose for a few months? I hope he does it sooner than you think! I'm looking forward to seeing hand shots.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
I like marry poppins's statement: if the ring caught your eye and you liked it online you will prob love it in real life too.

What patience you had when the package arrived at your door not to open it. :clap:

"oops Honey it was addressed to you" :shifty: . . . "oh sorry" . . . :saint:

sending dust dust dust your way the proposal comes sooner rather than later.

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Thank you marypoppins and 16ocean! Just what I needed to hear. We both have busy months ahead with exams and for me trying to finish my thesis so if it were to happen soon I feel that we wouldn't get the time to enjoy it so I'm happy to wait..... a little bit. It is rather painful knowing it's so close though.
Haha I had the scene from bridewars in my head "he deserves to see your face when you first see the ring" and he would be very upset if I had opened it.

Thanks again

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting engaged and having a sparkly new ring to ogle would definitely make it harder to study for exams and finish a thesis. It's comforting and exciting to know the ring is in the house, though. I can imagine it would be hard knowing it's that close. Eek.

All good things in all good time.

Shuane

Rough_Rock
Congrats! Waiting is so not fun. I'm sure the excitement of it all will help you to love the ring even more IRL. Enjoy these moments.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep in mind: the ring you emailed him, you liked, but also he liked! It's a ring that spoke to both of you, and that's so exciting! Focus on the fact that you BOTH liked it :)

There will always be beautiful rings. But this is the one you chose together!

And feel free to post us a pic off the website, if they still have a photo up!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results