shape
carat
color
clarity

Telehone problem (echoing.).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if any of you ever experienced this?
When I am on the phone I hear my own voice as well as the voice of the person I am talking with.It does not happen every time , but enough to make us frustrated.I got the phones from Costco about a month ago ( Uniden) got 4 of them in a set and really like them otherwise.All 4 have the same issue..
I know I can return them, but I need them and don''t want to get a new box with the same issues.Would like to stick with the same brand as its great in any other way.Anyone has experienced this before?? Thanks..

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I have two Uniden 5.8GHz cordless phones (black and silver), and they both do the same echoing thing from time to time. At first we had a 500MHz phone and got the higher Hz phones because we thought it might solve the echoing problem. Also the static gets really bad when I sit by the computer or, oddly enough, our air purifier.

The only thing that helps me with the echoing is to hang up and call the person back. Scarleta, do you have a static problem too? Sometimes that will go away if you press the "delete chan" button. If anyone knows of a good cordless phone brand, please let me know!
19.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Love in Bloom (what a nice name you have)
No I don''t have static problem. It happens to all 4 of them no matter where I am..Thanks a lot.Let''s hope that someone offers us some help.The one I have has answering machine and one handset that can go outside and get a bit wet in rain so I do like them a lot in all other ways..

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I think the best cordless phone I have ever used is an old GE from the early 90''s. It is HUGE but it still works and sounds really clear. We''re probably both looking for something a bit more modern though!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
L in B: Funny you said it.We were just talking about our old ( also 90s) Panasonic huge cordless telephone with no problems up to this day...I would hope that they should improve them with time...I hope we get some answers here on the board..Thanks

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yea I have.
Hook up a regular cheap corded phone and if it dont do it return them.
If it does call the phone company you have a break in your line and water got in.

900mhz is the best frequency for digital cordless phones and the old analogs rocked.
The 2.4 and above are blocked too much by building materials and the higher the worse it is.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Strm: one tel of my Uniden set is corded and 3 cordless they all have the same problem?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 1:16:26 AM
Author: scarleta
Thanks Strm: one tel of my Uniden set is corded and 3 cordless they all have the same problem?
have the phone company check the line they can do it remotely and dont need too come out.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Strm: will do just that...But on the other thought we have old Panasonic cordless also and that one is perfect always...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results