shape
carat
color
clarity

Teenage Depression and Anxiety

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @nala . So far, so good. She looks much better and seems better. She came home Monday and it's been pretty calm so I am pleased and hopeful. She also started IOP this week and will continue therapy. One day at a time, counting my blessings.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great to hear @Gussie . Your hearts deserve a break.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel everyone's pain. Sadly my daughter started suffering depression/anxiety in high school, now 22. We have tried, Zoloft, Cymbalta and a few other I can't even remember, she is now on Viibryd and Latuda for depression and Ativan for anxiety. We did the Genesight testing as so many med would not work for her. So far Viibryd has worked best, she still has some bad days but it's an improvement. We want to try TMS but she is in another town and not sure doctors there offer it, (it's a 20-30 minute treatment every day for 6 weeks). I pray for you all and your children as I know how hard it is.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will definitely keep your family in my prayers. I was wondering if she would be able to spend the holidays with the family. Come to think of it, I’m not sure if you’re from the US? I’m glad to hear she will be home next Monday!

It is hard and it is a struggle with teens. I thought of you because this being Thanksgiving week, my daughter didn’t meet with her therapist and had meltdown when I accused her of acting funny...and then I found vape pens in her backpack....and everything went downhill from there. Dh threatened to kick her out (at 16) and my poor son who came home for the holidays hid in his room...we could use some prayers too.

I’m so sorry @jaysonsmom . I feel for you. Such a confusing time for teens now. And so stressful for the family to understand how to cope with the changes. Prayers for you and your family.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry @jaysonsmom . I feel for you. Such a confusing time for teens now. And so stressful for the family to understand how to cope with the changes. Prayers for you and your family.

Thank you to all who are praying and wishing us well. My daughter’s therapist requested a meeting with me today to update me on some things....and to be frank, I’m scared as to what she is going to say. Believe it or not, I’m grateful for this pandemic, and being able to work from home and spend more time with my teen, making sure she is not self harming or doing other crazy stuff....being able to be watchful and get help early (like the vape stuff). Sorry for rambling, just at a loss as to what to do. Hope her therapist can give me some pointers today.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @nala . So far, so good. She looks much better and seems better. She came home Monday and it's been pretty calm so I am pleased and hopeful. She also started IOP this week and will continue therapy. One day at a time, counting my blessings.

That's wonderful - so happy to hear of her progress!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to all who are praying and wishing us well. My daughter’s therapist requested a meeting with me today to update me on some things....and to be frank, I’m scared as to what she is going to say. Believe it or not, I’m grateful for this pandemic, and being able to work from home and spend more time with my teen, making sure she is not self harming or doing other crazy stuff....being able to be watchful and get help early (like the vape stuff). Sorry for rambling, just at a loss as to what to do. Hope her therapist can give me some pointers today.

Hope the news is not as bad as you are anticipating. I hope how soon things improve for you all!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @jaysonsmom thinking of you & hope it all goes well. Everyone has given good advice here too. My (unfortunate) experiences with my exDH was that medication never worked, wasn’t a positive for him BUT exercise and a clear goal/new project to do did work! Made a huge difference to have something “outside himself” to focus on. Make sense? Anyway keep us posted, we are all cheering for you both.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve seen meds work for countless people. Sometimes it just takes trial and error to find the right one(s).

inne

Shiny_Rock

Thinking of you guys

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this underlying feeling of fear for my child that lies heavily in my heart almost constantly. Although I know I should be taking this one day at a time, I worry about his future. I worry how he will handle this without me when he is an adult. I guess making sure he has coping tools is paramount. I constantly second guess myself, wondering if *this* will be the wrong thing I will say that pushes him over the edge. I admit that I have gone into his room to check his breathing while he was sleeping

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping good thoughts for all of you. @Gussie @jaysonsmom @House Cat

(((Hugs))) and bucketloads of good wishes to you and your children.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I have this underlying feeling of fear for my child that lies heavily in my heart almost constantly. Although I know I should be taking this one day at a time, I worry about his future. I worry how he will handle this without me when he is an adult. I guess making sure he has coping tools is paramount. I constantly second guess myself, wondering if *this* will be the wrong thing I will say that pushes him over the edge. I admit that I have gone into his room to check his breathing while he was sleeping

Just wondering if you've tried Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. You can even get one of the many workbooks out there and do it yourself. It's geared for just that sort of thing- becoming more aware of your thoughts and how to check if they're realistic or not, then practicing new responses to them in your mind until it becomes a new habit. Not that I've gotten to that lovely-sounding endpoint yet haha.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Sending healing thoughts your daughter's way Gussie

I think its time for a groups hug
meerkats-group-hug.jpg

Hugs are very important. My oldest son had some very rough times in his teen years. I am so glad it was brought up about the changes that can occur when a child goes through puberty( not the first age the brain is exposed to hormones). Hormones are extremely powerful substances and the teen brain goes through so much as the result of those flows. Children get sucked into their minds, isolating themselves. Many parents are caught off guard by the abrupt changes in their sweet approachable child. Keep offering liberal hugs, heartfelt love and keep reminding them you will battle with them and for them always no matter what. Remind them they won't be alone, you will always have their backs. Hopefully, if they are in care, there are Professionals who are working to support the parents too.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of @Gussie @jaysonsmom and @House Cat . I am so sorry to hear about the struggles your children have had. I am sending support and good wishes. I find it can be helpful to hear you are not alone in your struggles with your children, because when you are going through it, you can feel so incredibly alone and powerless. I think it's really great to have a supportive little online community like this.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of @Gussie @jaysonsmom and @House Cat . I am so sorry to hear about the struggles your children have had. I am sending support and good wishes. I find it can be helpful to hear you are not alone in your struggles with your children, because when you are going through it, you can feel so incredibly alone and powerless. I think it's really great to have a supportive little online community like this.

Things are hard right now, especially around the holidays. Thank you all for your love and support. I was just thinking today, that I would give up all my jewelry if both my children could be physically, mentally, emotionally healthy and happy forever!

Carthus

Rough_Rock
Depression is very serious. Once, when I was a teenager, I had depression. It was a very sad experience, every day you feel bad, you don't have the mood to do anything. The only thing you do is think and always think about the bad.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things are hard right now, especially around the holidays. Thank you all for your love and support. I was just thinking today, that I would give up all my jewelry if both my children could be physically, mentally, emotionally healthy and happy forever!

I feel your pain, I would give all that I have for her to be physically, mentally and emotionally healthy and happy. It is wearing on me and I feel older, weaker.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat, I reported the spam post for Ella to remove. I‘ve been off PS for a about a week and just saw your other post. I’m so sorry for all you and your family are going thru. Hugs, Callie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results