shape
carat
color
clarity

Teacher exchange programs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend and I were talking about moving the other night. We''re not planning on moving anytime soon though. It was just a "how would you feel about trying a different area someday" type of conversation. If it were solely up to me, I''d stay right where we are. I hate change. We both were born and raised in the state we live in now and I love it. Sure, there are other great places to see and visit but it doesn''t mean you have to move there. He on the other hand, can''t imagine staying in New England all his life. He''d love to travel more and even work in a different partof the country or even the world (Ireland, specifically).

I love my job and my school and it''s really perfect for me. It''s in a great district and it''s one in which I don''t particularly want to leave. If I had to one day, I could leave and I''d be more open to the idea of a teacher exchange program. From what I understand, teachers can go through organizations to set up jobs in a school, let''s say in another country, but I suppose it could be nationally too. We''d basically take each others'' jobs for one year and then return to our own schools after that. Does anyone know about this?

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have any personal experience with this organization - just found it on a google search. I am sure there are many teacher exchange programs out there.

http://www.fulbrightexchanges.org/

BZ

Rough_Rock
zoe

Not sure if this will help or not. I live overseas and my daughter goes to an International school. They are always looking for new teachers. I think you apply online and then have a phone interview. If it works out, then they make you an offer and you move over. All contracts are for two years with the possibility of extension if both parties agree.

This doesn''t guarantee that you will have a job when you return, but it does offer fantastic experience which would probably interest future employers.

Below is the link to the school my daughter goes to. There is an employment link under Academics/Education with listings for current positions.

http://www.mis-munich.de/academics/intro.html

I am almost positive that there is an International school in Dublin. You might do a search and see what you find.

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
I have had immediate experience with fulbright. Originally it was for American and German teachers, but now they are all over the world. My Dad used to teach at St Olaf in Northfield MN (they terminated the "Para-College" a dept he was in), and he got a scholarship to teach for a year at Ege University outside Izmir, Turkey.

The difference between visiting a country and living in a country is that your concerns go from "what will we see tomorrow" to "how do I get to work" or "where is the cheapest grocer" questions that are basic and universal. I learned a lot about myself and how I think about the world, things I was too young otherwise to have thought about.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results