shape
carat
color
clarity

Tax Refund...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s why they give tax refunds, right?
2.gif

if you don''t already have a pair of diamond earrings, i say get those. that way you can achieve the equal diamond distribution effect..... diamonds everywhere!
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm....I am definitely looking at some jewelry with my tax refund!! Of course, I need to find out how much I''ll be receiving first lol
2.gif

Personally, I''m a ring kind of gal. I can stare at a ring as long as I want, but it is much more difficult with earrings in my ears
31.gif
!!!

Good luck with the decision!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha I wish. Ours is mostly going to pay our other half of inflated property taxes (we had to pay about 1.9 years at once because we lived in the house for the .9 year (in 2004) and then you pay a year in ADVANCE so we started paying 2005 last sept)...*cough*
39.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Refund? I wish. Websailor and I have to pay
29.gif

Well that''s better than giving the government an interest free loan for the year.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the responses everyone!
9.gif

I do have a pair of earrings that my bf gave me a few years ago for Christmas. But I was looking at upgrading those. But, I am a ring girl myself, and I keep getting sucked back into wanting to buy a ring.

I already did my taxes and luckily am getting a decent amount back this year. The good side of me thinks I should put it away into savings
12.gif
and the bad side of me wants to buy diamonds!!!
11.gif

Any thoughts on the ring I linked earlier? Do you likeeee?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could use a tax return on jewelry...I too have to pay Uncle Sam.
38.gif

BTW, I absolutely love the ring you posted...it gets my vote!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Thanks firegoddess!

I will let you guys know what I decide on (if I don''t chicken out that is).

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Put your refund into savings so you can build up a little interest, and buy the bauble for Christmas!

Go with the ring!! Sapphires and diamonds together make me happy!!
18.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2005 3:52:34 PM
Author: VAgal13

Any thoughts on the ring I linked earlier? Do you likeeee?
Well. "like" is little said.... this time. It is not usual to see color and diamonds cut to match, let alone in a classic square line like this. I wish it was channel set, but those prongs are fashionable anyway.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looove that ring, I say go for it!!
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you already have earrings, i say go for the ring. It sure looks beautiful!

I also wish I was buying jewelry with our refund, but we have to pay off some bills
14.gif
Bills suck! lol

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha, yea right! If I even brought up the idea to DH he would throw me out
39.gif

I was fortunate to get a RHR for xmas this year, so I can''t really complain.
Go with a ring!!! That ring Patty posted is beeeeautiful !

The ring, the ring!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

chantheman

Rough_Rock
I would love to use my tax refund to buy my fiance'' pearls for our upcoming wedding, but for some reason methinks Jamaica is a better use.

Looks like when my check comes in, off to my savings account it goes.

I like the ring posted by Patty also. I just hope my fiance'' doesn''t ever see it.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
We used part of ours last year to get me my diamond ring and I also got my sapphire rhr as well. This year we are going to be getting stuff for our new house.
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hrmmmmmm, it would be a tough choice if I didn''t already have earrings . . . but I say go for that ring! It''s delicious!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
My vote...

RING RING RING!!!

I''m a ring girl also and I love diamonds and sapphires together. YUM! Our return is going towards the house we are building so no jewelry for a while. That''s okay though...I want a house more than jewelry right now. Wow, I never thought I''d say I want something besides jewelry lol!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
A refund! I wish!
I actual owe $12.00 to fed and $9.00 to MD.

Anyway get the ring.
9.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Definately get the ring!
30.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input! I am starting to feel less guilty about even thinking about doing this. LOL

JCJD may have a good idea about putting it into savings and using it closer to Xmas. I am not sure if I am that patient or not...but it is definitely another option for me.

Thanks again!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2005 10:50:54 AM
Author: lmurden
A refund! I wish!

Anyway get the ring.
9.gif
You sure have outstanding estimating skills. You are to be applauded
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

If only we could all be so good. I think it was all of those darn stock options I sold which messed me up.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Honey I did my taxes on Wednesday! Turbo Tax!
emsmilep.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2005 2:44:37 PM
Author: cflutist

Date: 2/4/2005 10:50:54 AM
Author: lmurden
A refund! I wish!

Anyway get the ring.
9.gif
You sure have outstanding estimating skills. You are to be applauded
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

If only we could all be so good. I think it was all of those darn stock options I sold which messed me up.
cflutist

no wonder you''re so loaded with $$$ you must be one of those high ranking officers of a IT company who gets stock options for $2 a share ,then exercise the options and sell it for $50 a share,instant money.....boy oh boy i wish i had your problem.
2.gif
with the 3k per yr write off rule for stock lost,i could live for another 100 yrs and still be writing off the 3k.
7.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2005 7:33
6.gif
5 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
cflutist

no wonder you''re so loaded with $$$ you must be one of those high ranking officers of a IT company who gets stock options for $2 a share ,then exercise the options and sell it for $50 a share,instant money.....boy oh boy i wish i had your problem.
2.gif
with the 3k per yr write off rule for stock lost,i could live for another 100 yrs and still be writing off the 3k.
7.gif
DF, LOL ... we have enough loses in the stock market to write off 3K annually for many years too
8.gif
Does Palm ring a bell? So bad that there was a reverse split.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Palm definitely rings a bell for me...I worked there in 2000 right after the infamous goingpublicthenlosingitallinaday, heard a story in the cafeteria line on my first day from one employee who had taken his $30k and put it into the co instead of using it for a dp on a house, and of course lost it all the next day. I bought into the stock when it was relatively low with ESP shares...but of course that plummeted like everything else over the next 9 months, and then the evil reverse split just did it in. I finally sold it this year at a big loss figuring I''d rather take the writeoff than wait the 15 years or so it will take before it''s back where I bought it at.
39.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2005 7:53:45 PM
Author: cflutist

Date: 2/4/2005 7:33
6.gif
5 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
cflutist

2.gif
7.gif
DF, LOL ... we have enough loses in the stock market to write off 3K annually for many years too
8.gif
Does Palm ring a bell? So bad that there was a reverse split.
yeah i know PALM but never bought it,i think they reverse what? 20 for 1 last yr. got to start a new thread on this subject.
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results