shape
carat
color
clarity

tasteful amount of jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Right now I wear my ering (3 stone princess, 2.8cttw), 5 stone wedding band ( 1ctw) , and 1 ct total wt princess diamond earrings. I am looking into a 1.25 ct total wt three stone pear for my right hand. In the future I would like a bezel set round diamond solitaire (.5cts) a 3 ct tennis bracelet, and a nice watch. Is this a reasonable amount of jewlery to wear on a regular basis? DO you think I could wear an eternity band w/ that 2 stone pear? I have an office job and the clients are well paid so there''s not that aspect of things. I just dont'' want to appear "overdone"

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I think #1, it is a matter of what you are comfortable with, and then #2
I thinkit is a matter of what the norm is where you live that will determine if it looks like tooooo much..

Personally I think it will be fine.

Will the 3 stone pear by all pears?? Love that!!
31.gif
31.gif

Besides, you wouldn''t have to always wear everything, like for example, you might only bring out the tennis bracelet, when you have a nicer suit on for work.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh I think that is fine! Like Sophie said as long as you are comfortable with it.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
The good Lord gave you fingers girl. Use em! lol I say do what is comfortable for the occasion. There are times when I do not feel comfortable wearing a lot- and then there are days when I put on everything. You might have fun moving that eternity around from hand to hand.. I''ve gone in cycles where I have decided to wear less but more substantial pieces, then more but less substantial..

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you wear your watch and tennis brac. on the same wrist? They might scratch each other up!

My friend thinks that a diamond brac. worn daily would make people assume it was fake! She thinks that would be overkill. We had this convo before I read your post!

But then I pointed out two women at the discount store we were at wearing nice watches and diamond tennis brac. She still thought it was too much.

I thought it looked fine.

So my post is two opinions for one!
9.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
sistagirl,
Do I remember correctly that you had lost your e-ring a while back? Did you find it or get a new one? I hope it turned out for the best!
My opinion is, no harm in accumulating as much jewelry as you want and can afford. But I limit wearing it to a maximum of: Wedding set and watch on left, ONE RHR (or stackables on one finger) and bracelet on the right wrist, one necklace, and earrings. If anything is very ornate I would cut down from there. If you wear too much it seems busy and the things detract from eachother. I''d just pick a few pieces to match the outfit and what you''ll be doing that day. but there are 7 days in a week and you can switch it up as much as you want!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think there are any hard rules these days, it''s what YOU comfortable wearing. I think less is more, but that''s just me. I wear my ering, eternity band, a RHR, watch, diamond studs and a necklace. I''m not a bracelet gal, they drive me nuts, and it drives me nuts that they drive me nuts. If that makes any sense, hehe.
20.gif
I''d love to know if you found your ering, last I knew it was lost on a plane??? Or while traveling?? Let us know what happened.....

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I think that all sounds just fabulous
31.gif
I wear a watch on my left wrist, tennis bracelet on my right, 3-stone diamond Ering (with 1 wedder either side as of next year
30.gif
), one or two diamond RHRs, depending on my mood, diamond pendant, diamond hoops in 1st hole and diamond studs in second hole as a regular thing, and I think I''d feel nekked without any of the above! I don''t think it''s overdone at all.

BTW, the 3 stone pear sounds scrumplicious
11.gif

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Yes, that was me who lost the ring on the plane/airport. It was never recovered.. at least not by me. No doubt someone is enjoying my sparklie right now. I ended up getting an insurance replacement that I HATED.. After much drama I sold that and bought a stone that looked more like my original (unfortunately a bit deeper). I then had that set into a 3 stone "lucida" before the wedding. THanks to the detectives on here I was able to get the matching 5 stone lucida band from Adwar... Here''s a pic of my set.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
OK, note to self, buy new digital camera! Here''s another and it looks YELLOW. the diamonds are in NO way yellow, but it gives you an idea of the design

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It for the most part sounds fine, especially if you work in a setting with people who are middle-upper class. I would be hesitant to wear much more than a wedding band if I were a social worker or something. I only thing I might change is to wear the bracelet or the watch, but maybe not both at the same time. As someone mentioned, they might get scratched up and it also might look a bit cluttered. I don''t think you will look excessive though either way.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
boy, everyone is different... for me I feel like one of everything is good... meaning one SET of rings per hand... hehehe... one pair of earings PER hole... hehehe... two bracelets, but on one hand (see, still one for each :D) etc etc etc.

The only time I start feeling someone is over done is when they have rings on *every* finger. Or at least 8 or something. I prefer one finger per hand but two is okay sometimes... other than that... there are no lines for me lol I have two yellow gold bracelets that I wear and a gold watch and sometimes I think like it''s just too much gold but oh well... the watch is waterproof and big so I can see it under water when I swim and my mom gave me one bracelet for christmas and I got the other from her when she died... so if I look like my left arm is a pimp arm, oh bloody well! I just don''t know what to do wtih pimp arm when I get a wg ring... hehehe... oh wait, this is about YOUR bling, yeah... wear it in good health :)

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/11/2006 2:41:13 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
boy, everyone is different... for me I feel like one of everything is good... meaning one SET of rings per hand... hehehe... one pair of earings PER hole... hehehe... two bracelets, but on one hand (see, still one for each :D) etc etc etc.

The only time I start feeling someone is over done is when they have rings on *every* finger. Or at least 8 or something. I prefer one finger per hand but two is okay sometimes... other than that... there are no lines for me lol I have two yellow gold bracelets that I wear and a gold watch and sometimes I think like it''s just too much gold but oh well... the watch is waterproof and big so I can see it under water when I swim and my mom gave me one bracelet for christmas and I got the other from her when she died... so if I look like my left arm is a pimp arm, oh bloody well! I just don''t know what to do wtih pimp arm when I get a wg ring... hehehe... oh wait, this is about YOUR bling, yeah... wear it in good health :)
You know I really stick to the one finger w/ rings per hand, as I never liked rings on every finger & thumb.. BUT the other day I saw this women w/ a right hand ring and a very delicate eternity band on her thumb and it was a pretty combination.. or maybe I just wanted her rings.....

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Life is too short to worry about whether other people think you appear "overdone". I say wear whatever combination of things you''re in the mood to wear each day.
9.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i think it depends on your geographic area. i have a co-worker from maine who flinches every time she sees me.

today i wore the honking heart pendant cluster. it''s a "show piece" so i tone everything else down. wedding solitaire and pawn shop pear (avatar) on left hand ring and middle fingers, simple tiny promise like ring on right hand, diamond tennis bracelet, two diamond studs in each ear.

total caratage was .25 + 1.25 + 1 + 1+ 0.5 + 0.25 +0.25 +0.10 +0.10 = 4.70 carat TW.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Total agreement, whatever you feel comfortable wearing.

My every day:

big diamond hoops (3.9 tct) or diamond studs (2.6 tct.)
left arm;
Concord black leather strap watch with diamonds around the face
10 ct tennis bracelet

right arm;
3 Yurman bracelets or 3 teensy tiny thin diamond pave bracelets

necklace, uhmm, sometimes.

what you described is fine. My jewelry is like an ID bracelet, it''s me!

eac

Shiny_Rock
I'm remembering the old-fashioned guideline that, to be tasteful, you should put on all the jewelry you want to wear...then take one piece off.

With that in mind, all your pieces sound tasteful enough individually, but the idea of all of them together seems busy, to me. I wouldn't wear an eternity band with the pear if you've got a 5-stone wedding band on the finger beside it. What about spreading out some of the diamondy goodness with a pendant or necklace, instead of the tennis bracelet? Or alternate wearing the tennis bracelet and the watch?

My everyday is pretty simple: left hand - rose gold Victorian buckle ring; right hand - rose gold/diamond gypsy ring; neck - 0.3 carat/white gold bezel slider on a white gold chain. YMMV!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say, "bring on the bling, the more the better!"
9.gif
I love getting to see other people''s jewelry! There are certain trends I''m not crazy about, like rings on every finger, or a bunch of gold chains hanging around someone''s neck, but if you can carry off something sparkly on several appendages I think it''s fine. I like to wear earrings, a pendant, my watch, wedding rings, and maybe a bracelet on my right wrist, but unfortunately my jewelry wardrobe isn''t too extensive yet so I can''t go totally bling crazy. As I acquire more pieces, you better believe I will be wearing them as much as possible, whether anyone else thinks it is tasteful or not.
2.gif
I tend to dress on the conservative, tailored side most of the time, so my happy medium is low-profile on the outfit, high profile on the accessories!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I think one of each is a good rule, but it really depends on where you live and who you hang out with. I have a pet peeve about people who don''t appear to own a jewelry box--I mean, why else would they be wearing a ring on each finger, several bracelets on each arm, and two or three necklaces?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2006 7:16:40 AM
Author: sistagrl2004

Date: 9/11/2006 2:41:13 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

You know I really stick to the one finger w/ rings per hand, as I never liked rings on every finger & thumb.. BUT the other day I saw this women w/ a right hand ring and a very delicate eternity band on her thumb and it was a pretty combination.. or maybe I just wanted her rings.....
two rings per hand can do it for me (rather two fingers with rings) but it has to be done right... there''s a woman at the store i go to who has them on all 10 and some doubled up with rings that don''t fit all the way down and they''re all kinda costumy or lots of silver or whatnot and I just think how can she move her hands?? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results