shape
carat
color
clarity

Target Registry Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
We got our first gift from our registry today! It''s a glass cake stand with a cover that can also be used as a punch bowl. This was one of my favorite things we put on the registry. Unfortunately, it didn''t survive the trip to our house
8.gif
. We''re going to exchange it for a new one at the store.

I was really surprised at how poorly it was packaged! They took the box that it comes in and just threw it in a larger box with no additional packaging other than about 4 pieces of crumpled up paper. The outer box was quite a bit larger than the inside box and I''m sure this is what caused it to break. It also had nothing written on it about being fragile!

Has anyone else had this kind of experience w/ Target??? I know we have more things on there that are fragile and it''s going to be a serious pain if we have to keep exchanging everything we get.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow- sorry to hear that, Robbie! But, congrats on your first gift.

Our Target registry was kinda small, but it included 8 of every one of their Riedel wine glasses. Thank goodness we received the majority of them in person, as the ones that were shipped to us were poorly packaged. Each box contains 4 glasses, and at least 2 broke from a gift that contained 8 of them.

In contrast, the C&B registry items were packaged like they came from Fort Knox! Mounds and mounds of that funky honeycomb paper cushioned everything and all our gifts arrived without a scratch!

Are you registered anywhere else? I would consider moving some of the breakable items to that one!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i haven''t heard about the packaging specifically, but i''ve lots of complaints regarding target registries.

we had crate & barrel too and they packed the dickens out of their items!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
wow, what a shame! You should definitely call and ask them about it! In the long run that''s a disservice to them as they will have to exchange anything broken.

My crystal from Dillards was wrapped in tissue, packed in the Waterford ship boxes, then into a gift box full of styrofoam peanuts and THEN into a huge shipping box full of styrofoam peanuts. It was kind of amazing to dig into a box 3 ft. by 3 ft. and only pull out 4 wine glasses, but hey, they were PERFECT.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
We''re not registered anywhere else because we wanted to keep it simple and we really didn''t want that much to start out with, but if we get another broken gift perhaps we''ll add another registry...

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I originally wanted a Target registry bc their stuff is priced reasonably, but I heard a LOT of ppl having problems w/their registries, ie w/returns/exchanges and also w/items being discontinued bc their inventory changes so quickly, so we ended up at C&B and Macys, both of which were excellent.

I guess my advice is to register at another store, at least, to cover yourself.

I think I know what punch/cake thing you are talking about though, I''ve seen it at the store and have been tempted to buy it!! hehe.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB&B also packs their stuff professionally. We got all our china through them and wine glasses without any breaking. Good luck!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your first gift! How exciting! Sorry it was mailed poorly...hope they fix this issue in the future! FI is pulling for one of our registries to be at Target...we shall see.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
hey hon. . .congrats on your first gift! As others said, i''m sorry to hear it came to you in such poor condition. Speaking from personal experience, I would register elsewhere. Bed bath and beyond is fantastic and ship really well. I''ve ordered a table and chairs, a mirror, a clock, and some dishes from target and have had horrible issues with all of them. Maybe i just have bad luck with target, but i do notice that there are a lot of negative reviews on many items on their website saying that they were packed poorly. I would hate for you to have this experience over and over. Maybe you could do "breakables" through someone more reliable with their shipping? and then non-breakables through target. All of my stuff was either missing parts (screws to the table) or was chipped or broken. I Looooooove target but will not shop online with them anymore. Just my $.02 Oh yeah. . and the likes of BB&B or linens and things are easily accessible and reasonable for most people as well. Hope this helps and good luck!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
A little off topic, but we have that punchbowl/cake stand combo- love it.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I registered at Target and didn''t get all that much stuff from them. I did get 2 sets of Reidel glasses and when one of them was broken I called and they just sent me another set....
maybe you could call and they would just send you another one? without having to truck into the store?

I set my registry up online and found it impossible to then update the registry in the store. Also I was really let down by the fact that they "turn-off" your registry after just 3 months- we have been married 6 months and are still waiting for quite a few wedding gifts and I know parents were using our registry for Christmas gifting as well. We didn''t even go on our honeymoon for 3 months, so I never even got the chance to use my 10% completion discount.

I also registered at Bloomingdale''s -EXCELLENT- truly fabulous service both on the phone and in the store- gave me the 20% off friends/family completion bonus a week early once, also GREAT communication, e-mail and mail you when there is a delay in a gift, and a FAB thank you note manager online and they have great sales and
Crate & Barrel- GOOD- our bedding seemed to always be on backorder, so finally I just bought it w/ giftcards and said send it to me when it comes. Sure enough they call me while we are on the HM to make sure we still want it... we eventually got it, but it was a PITA. That being said C&B is a nice store w/ huge variety of price points and people like to buy giftcards there.

Having more than one registry actually makes it MUCH easier for your guests to get a gift for you. We also registered at 2 local stores- for much of the same stuff that we had on our list at bloomingdale''s which made it more difficult for me in terms of managing thing to prevent duplicates, but it was a snap for my guests.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results