shape
carat
color
clarity

Tanzanite opinions (again!)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I'm still on a bit of a tanzanite kick and was hoping for some opinions on a stone. I've literally looked and looked for the last couple of weeks and the ONLY stone I've seen that has really stuck in my head is a) much bigger than I wanted and b) quite a bit more expensive than I imagined.

What do you guys think, a nice stone or not? Having only just discovered this gem and unable to see good examples IRL, I'd like someone with a bit of experience to let me know where it falls in the range of tanz desirability. :bigsmile:

http://www.paraibainternational.com/product_info.php?product=957

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my largest and finest tanzanite (also a cushion cut) from Adam at PI. I think his selection is great and he's a pleasure to work with. As for the stone you have picked out, it looks nice in the photos and from what I saw of his stones in real life, the pictures are fairly true to life.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Looks VERY nice.

I have a personal preference for a lot of violet in tanzanite, the market prefers a more constant blue so I would say that this is a very fine colour.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw the stone... I like it. It seems that Paraiba has a very nice selection of good-quality stones.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautifully saturated and well-cut!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. We're a bunch of enablers :lickout:

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
I love tanzanite. I own one 5ct pear shape and love it. The one you featured is beautiful. Are you thinking of a pendant or ring?
Either would be gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results