shape
carat
color
clarity

tall? plain band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
hi there!

FI and i went to try on wedding bands this weekend.... and i found that another bling filled ring just looked a bit too much on my hand.. so i''m opting for a plain band.. the problem is that because my e-rings are much much taller than a plain band - the plain band gets lost with my e-rings.... does anyone know of a tall (profile-wise) thin plain band? or if one even exists.. will this have to be something i''ll have to have made?
thanks in advance!

p.s. my rings are (2) facets .93 c shared prong rounds -- website says they are 2.6mm thick which i believe relates to the height??????

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
My band is prettt tall, it's a pipe cut band that's 3mm(face) x 2mm(profile). A pipe-cut band will look larger than a domed band and might stand up better to your e-rings. Mine was custom made because it has special engraving, but I'd bet that you can find others.
These bands are the same idea, but they are only 1.3 mm in profile.
These bands are closer, they're 1.75mm.

A knife edge band will have a higher profile too. Whiteflash offers one.

I would suggest measuring your e-rings so you have some idea of the range you want, then poking around. Even if you have to go custom, it's such a simple band that it's not that expensive, I think mine in 14K was $200 before the engraving. Good luck!

ETA: This tiffany- style band might work nicely too. I have one of the Tiffany Elsa Peretti stackables, and it's pretty hefty, almost as tall as my wedding band. They're not really fully domed. Instead they're just kind of rounded off.. hard to explain, but it might be a great complimemt to your e-rings by providing a little gap between the ring faces.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
knife edge! i never thought about that.. but you are completely right.. that would give the height.

thanks for the ideas!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Knife edge can be uncomfortable to some people , but try it on and see!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, there''s a question I haven''t yet seen here! I would think you''d have to have it made to match your e-ring, or at the very least besides a knife edge, look for a ring that is either platinum or solid gold (as opposed to just flat but curved, if you know what I mean. My mom''s WB is probably 10 mm, 18k, solid and therefore very substantial. I don''t know about how many mm''s thick it is, though, I just know it''s a lot thicker than WB''s I''ve ever tried on.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
in doing some research i can''t seem to find an online retailer who makes anything thicker than 1.7mm for a band. am i missing something?.. this is something i''m going to have to have made huh?

i kinda thought it would be cute to get a matching band as my FI -- he likes the pipe cut / comfort fit band.

i like this band for me but with a little sparkle

swt02fc.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
like this

w3rdx1.jpg

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
yeah I was going to say a knife edge, I like the plain one you posted too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results