shape
carat
color
clarity

talking rings with him again...the designing of the profile options

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
Just an update on the idea of me picking a ring and the bf helping the jeweler design the profile.

So Last night I talked it (the designing idea) over with him and he said he liked the idea but didn''t know if he would like the process. He was happy that I was trying to involve the things he wanted in his proposal along with the style ring I wanted. Even with all that said, we both know he is not buying the ring very soon. He joked that he already knows what jeweler he is going with and my little plan of knowing exactly what I am getting won''t happen; he said "I know what style you want and I will hide every other detail i can from you". LOL. Overall it was not a decision type conversation but that is totally fine. We have a rough timeline in mind, we''re happy, and things are good.

He had been snippy ever since we started shopping and we cleared all that up. He said he was feeling pressured to this all right now or else I would be upset and think he was not going to do it. I said that I can''t help but gush over everything we saw in the store because it is all gorgeous and he is my best friend...who else am I supposed to talk about it with!!?? lol. He apologized and it was all mushy gushy sorry i was a jerk. I needed that because I am not trying to push, I''m happy with our timeline; I am just so darn excited and i can''t tell anyone else! (except you wonderful ladies)

He said that I can talk to him about anything i see that i like as long as i keep it to less than once a week because I have been waiting for this for 5 years + and he agrees that I deserve to be super excited that we are ring shopping! ;-)

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I''m kind of in the same situation as you.

Me and my boyfriend have talked more recently about rings and we''ve even picked out a few from Eternity Diamonds to try out but I know he won''t be buying soon... (at least I don''t think so). He wants it to be a surprise and so do I but lately he said that me getting so excited about all these rings makes him feel bad that he doesn''t have the money right now to get me the size diamond he thinks I want (I''ve even shown him small diamonds that I like but he thinks they''re too small). We''ve been working through it and I''ve tried not to show him too much and it''s been great now.

It''s great that you guys are looking at rings together and can make a compromise that you are both comfortable with.
5.gif

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
You guys definately sound like you are in the same situation. Between school, job searches, and stress - now is just a bad time for us to make that jump. He said that he just wants about a year to get everything in order, graduate from grad school, and find a real job. This was roughly 3 months ago. I completely understand and I am just SO excited to see a jewelry store and be like, yea I can go look... instead before when it was like, no - can''t get my hopes up yet.

:) Best of luck with you two! Money is our issue too, not the initial price but he wants stability. I think it is a good idea. Isn''t funny how no matter what you say is a good size or pretty anything, the boys always "know better" and decide what you want for you?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results