shape
carat
color
clarity

Talking Dogs and strange pets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, having been working for a while now and rarely at home on weekends... I had forgotten how much my dog talks (not barking... think Chewbacca).

Anyone else''s pets do strange things? Sheila, my dog, can keep this up all day. And, well, does.

I have four cats as well ( I volunteer at a shelter... these things happen) and one of them likes to watch breakables fall and well... break. Finds it fascinating. And she loves turquoise. I have a white gold, diamond and, turquoise set (earrings, ring and bracelet) that she LOVES to carry around with her (in her mouth room to room).

Pet stories???

Will post pictures on request.
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee, my dog "sucks" on his doggie bed. I think he''s trying to nurse or something--the mother started not wanting to nurse his litter at 6 weeks so when we got him I don''t think he was weaned. It''s hysterical, though. He also likes to play "the blanket game." This is a game in which he brings you his blanket and you have to cover him up with it, and then he thinks he''s hidden and will bark until you say "where''s Milo?" then he shakes off the blanket and looks at you like, "here I am!" It''s so cute.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My roomate in college had a cat with a suckling issue, it was hysterical.

Milo sounds like a love. Do you have any pictures?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My oldest Bichon Casper speaks. I say something like what''s up Casper and he answers me. Especially when I just get home, he''ll give me the business for leaving him. Cracks me up. Our bird does too. She starts squalking the moment I get home. I go in and say Hi to her and she cocks her head at me like where have you been?? She''s a diva and loves to hiss at the dogs. Casper has wanted to get a hold of that bird since day one. Luckily for her she flies at a quick speed and hasn''t been his lunch yet!!!
32.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2006 12:50:34 PM
Author: Gypsy
My roomate in college had a cat with a suckling issue, it was hysterical.

Milo sounds like a love. Do you have any pictures?
He''s somewhere in the "no kitties allowed" thread...I''ll see if I can dig that up!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s one of him using his daddy''s long underwear instead of a blanket.

blanketgame.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here he is just being cute, ha ha! Gypsy, let's see your kitty carrying around some turquoise, that's too funny!

milo2006.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 12:51:57 PM
Author: kaleigh
Especially when I just get home, he'll give me the business for leaving him.
I love they way you said that... give you the business! Ellie (see avatar) will give you the business too when you first get home, especially if you havent paid her enough attention right away, she doesnt care if ya gotta put purse/keys down first she wants some loving!

She also watches TV and will growl and bark if there is a dog on there or someone she doesnt like the look of!

ETA: I forgot... when you tell her she cant do something she makes a "humph" noise... its hilarious!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Kaleigh! Smart and sassy bird you''ve got there! Not to mention a dog with manners! Aren''t they wonderful? How many Bichon''s do you have?
My oldest Bichon Casper speaks. I say something like what''s up Casper and he answers me. Especially when I just get home, he''ll give me the business for leaving him. Cracks me up. Our bird does too. She starts squalking the moment I get home. I go in and say Hi to her and she cocks her head at me like where have you been?? She''s a diva and loves to hiss at the dogs. Casper has wanted to get a hold of that bird since day one. Luckily for her she flies at a quick speed and hasn''t been his lunch yet!!!
32.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hallly2.jpg
Hmm... let see if this works this time.

MONARCH! I LOVE BEAGLES!!! And with daddy's underrwear! Priceless.

My turquoise is in CA with my mother... she asked to borrow some of my peices for her trip to europe at the end of the month... so can't grab it and show you. She won't do it with anything else either. I don't have pics though... usually too busy watching her to keep her from stashing them somewhere (chrismas ornaments, toys, and my set she stashes). Little Trouble Kitty.

Do have pics though. Here's one of Hally aka "Trouble", "Havoc," "Hurricane Hally," "The Terminator." Sheila "Chewy" or "Pretty Girl" is below-- picture was not taken at our house... excuse the icky background.

pretty girl.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My cat Chloe does the weirdest thing - any time she comes near you and you try to pet her, she flops down on her side just out of reach. She''ll stretch and show her belly and be submissive and want you to pet her, but she''s flopped down where you can''t quite get to her. If you move closer and actually try to pet her, she hops up and backs away. But then she''ll rub against you and flop just out of reach again....and the cycle continues. It''s like she really wants to be petted but just can''t quite let you do it. And her favorite thing is to sleep under the covers with us, which I find funny. She loves being hidden under the covers.

chlo058.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that''s a pretty cat!! Chloe is a perfect name for a beauty like her! My cat Noel does a very similar thing to the coy petting thing... and my other cat Frodo does a standing variation of it... he arches his back and raises his tail like he wants you to pet him... but stays just outside your reach the whole time you try to give him love. My Duncan does ''undercover kitty'' too!! Those eyes of Chloe''s are like jewels themselves. So pretty.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy. She does have the most piercing blue eyes and I can''t quite get a good shot of them! I was told that she is a snowshoe cat and is part Siamese, which I can totally see from her personality and her looks. She''s a neurotic one, but a big ole lovebucket. When you finally trick her into letting you pet her, she will stay there forever, as if she''s thinking, "Now why was I resisting this?"
face23.gif
I''m glad to hear she''s not the only cat that does the flopping out of reach thing and the undercover thing.

cho048.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL. Nope she''s normal.
4.gif
Gorgeous and normal. Is she talkative? Many siamese and mixes are.

Here''s my Noel at her Grandma''s house doing her imitation of Chloe''s flop. (She loves grandma''s house).

Noel.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noel is doing the flop!!!! That's the flop!
36.gif
Only jussssssssssssst out of reach. What a cutie Noel is.
5.gif
I love exposed furry belly and the flopped down paws. She has beautiful coloring with that soft white belly and the dark striated color top!

Chloe is EXTREMELY talkative - the only cat I have ever heard talk more than she does was a purebred siamese.
9.gif
She just keeps talkin and talkin - no matter what I do...brush her, pet her, give her treats, give her a catnip toy...she just LOVES to talk talk talk. Definitely a big talker. (What she's saying??...that's anyone's guess.
2.gif
)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL @ the talkative. We''ve had some Siamese mixes in at the shelter... so I suspected.
9.gif
Yeah, they''re a chatty bunch. Cute about it too. What a love your Chloe is. Noel is a pretty girl, and does the flop-- just out of reach when she''s at grandma''s. I think she''s flirting... She''s actually grandma''s kitty... but she stays with us for now. We would love to keep her... but her heart belongs to her grandmother who she follows around and talks to, and generally makes a fool over. It''s very cute. So yeah... I knew exactly what you were talking about with the flop.
2.gif

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
My pooch hates the name "Ralph." If you say it, he starts "screaming" and howling...LOUD...it''s the funniest thing ever. I don''t really remember how I discovered it, but it''s pretty darn funny.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh man ... I think I have a few quirks to add ...

BILL: my fiance''s huge, polar-bear-sized cat is obsessed with my heart shaped pendant necklace. Anytime he''s on my lap he swipes for it, and starts GNAWING... when I see him coming I try to remember to push it around down the back of my top. He also likes to bite NOSES.

TALLULAH: my fluffy, tiny Papillon once went to visit a litter of Chihuahua puppies and TO THIS DAY, anytime we say the word "Chichuahua" her ears go straight up and she cocks her sweet little head like "WHAT?" And I know she diferentiates it from the word "WALK" because when she hears "WALK" she goes KRRRAAZZEEE barking and running around. Which she also does if she smells McDonalds cheeseburger or sees a McDonalds bag.

Oh ... and she won''t accept treats on the first try. She does this whole "Who me? Really? Sniff? Nah ... I couldn''t. Well, maybe I''ll just SNIFF it again. Oh OKAY." Snag & Run routine.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. So now I have to say it:

RALPH!!!!Cause that''s just FUNNY!
25.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sheila does the humph! Usually followed by big sad eyed sigh.
Date: 5/16/2006 1:30:06 PM
Author: njc

Especially when I just get home, he''ll give me the business for leaving him.
I love they way you said that... give you the business! Ellie (see avatar) will give you the business too when you first get home, especially if you havent paid her enough attention right away, she doesnt care if ya gotta put purse/keys down first she wants some loving!

She also watches TV and will growl and bark if there is a dog on there or someone she doesnt like the look of!

ETA: I forgot... when you tell her she cant do something she makes a ''humph'' noise... its hilarious!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, what kind of bird do you have? Parakeet? Cockatiel? Bigger?

Angela, your poor funny dog - did you get him as a puppy? I wonder if he thinks you''re trying to bark at him! Ralph kinda sounds like a dog bark if said in just the right way.
2.gif

It is amazing how animals can convey emotion - when Chloe talks she definitely has the whiny meow (the I want tuna/treats/whatever NOW why aren''t you giving it to me, long and drawn out for several seconds), the manipulative meow (I''m going to act like I''m sick and something''s wrong, I''ll just barely squeak out a sound but when you pay attention to me I''ll drop it), the get-attention meow (loud, repetitive)....too funny.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
as Portia has gotten older she totally has gotten more personality, talks alot more, cocks her head when you speak to her like she is really listening, stuffs her face into small places to take naps (aka if i am watching TV, where the small of my back meets the couch and leaves a tiny space, she shoves her snout in there and lays down and sleeps)

she also speaks alot more than she used to. when we get home and say hi to her she jumps back and does this funny long howl noise which in just hilarious...it totally is like ''giving you the business''..hehee.

we do this thing with the bedcovers where i shove my hand under there and make it look like something is crawling and she goes nuts. she attacks the bedcovers and tries to burrow her way under there to find it. i think she knows it''s me but sometimes she acts like she doesn''t...sometimes when she is really revved up i can quickly pull my hand out and then she spends the next 10 minutes searching wildly for whatever it was that was under there. its hilarious.

also she has these small red rubber balls that she just loves to play with, the devil ball (bad cuz) and we cut off their legs because one of her friends tore one leg off each and then it was kind of unwieldy so i just took the scissors and cut the remaining leg off of each of them. so now they are like little balls of red rubber with two small horns on the top and no legs. anyway she LOVES them...by far her fave toy. when she wants to play she looks at you and then runs and grabs one and starts running around the room, wanting to be chased, then she totally evades you, then if you lay on the ground she''ll come over to you with it in her mouth and as you extend your hand slowly over near to her (aka sneaky hand) she growls with the ball in her mouth and jumps back JUST out of reach. we can do this forever...she''s so funny. she loves to be chased, loves to evade you...she''s so much fun.

i could go on for days with funny stories!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our bird is a Cockatiel. Her name is Cackie. I have 2 Bichons. Callie is 5 and Casper is 13.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh all the animals are so cute. Kaleigh and Mara! Pictures???... especially of Portia with that red round toy and Cackie the Cocktiel and the Bichons ( cute dogs Bichons-- great personalities).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gypsy... there are tons of pictures around PS of miss portia....in the mascot thread; in her own thread called ''new addition to our family''...hehee. i will see if i have any new cool ones.

oh and i finally got her on the TV barking at matatora and ebree! i will have to upload one of those.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara....

Okay.

THAT was a CUTE dog. What a little love. And you keep him so well groomed!!!! I love him.
30.gif

Now I am DEFINITELY going to have to go to the shelter today.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Mara, your story about Portia and her red ball reminded me of one my of family''s dog''s quirks! His name is Otis, he''s deaf, and we think he''s park golden retreiver, part australian sheepdog. He has this tennis ball that is sliced through to the middle of the ball. So when you squeeze the ball it looks like it''s a pac man. So we put it in his face and make it look like it''s talking and he goes nuts!!! haha! I don''t know if he''s scared that a ball can talk, or mad that he can''t hear it, or what, but it''s hilarious how mad he gets at that ''talking'' tennis ball!

Cute pics of the kitties and doggies!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Our dog growing up used to sing happy birthday. For birthdays we used to let her sit up on one of the chairs at the table, and whenever we'd light the candles and sing "happy birthday to you...." she would do this howling thing thru the duration of the song. It was so funny. When she first did it I thought she was sort of howling because she was confused as to why we were doing this strange thing. But it became apparent she figured, "hey, the rest of my 'pack' is doing this; I'll join in." At a birthday party one year I had friends over, and they thought it was the funniest thing they ever saw.

She also used to knock on the door. We lived in the country and let her roam free, and when she wanted to come in, sometimes she might just sort of whimper or do a small bark at the door, but quite often she would knock. It was hard to catch her doing it, because if she knew you were there she wouldn't do it; she just figured you would let her in. But I think I caught her once, and she seemed to sort of stand momentarily on her hind legs and bang the door with her front paws. Sometimes it sounded a bit more of a scratch, as her front paws might be sliding down the door, but very often it really was like a knock that a human would do. If we had company over, they'd say, "there's someone at your door." And we'd just say, "oh, that's just the dog."

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 7:35:39 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
Our dog growing up used to sing happy birthday. For birthdays we used to let her sit up on one of the chairs at the table, and whenever we''d light the candles and sing ''happy birthday to you....'' she would do this howling thing thru the duration of the song. It was so funny. When she first did it I thought she was sort of howling because she was confused as to why we were doing this strange thing. But it became apparent she figured, ''hey, the rest of my ''pack'' is doing this; I''ll join in.'' At a birthday party one year I had friends over, and they thought it was the funniest thing they ever saw.

She also used to knock on the door. We lived in the country and let her roam free, and when she wanted to come in, sometimes she might just sort of whimper or do a small bark at the door, but quite often she would knock. It was hard to catch her doing it, because if she knew you were there she wouldn''t do it; she just figured you would let her in. But I think I caught her once, and she seemed to sort of stand momentarily on her hind legs and bang the door with her front paws. Sometimes it sounded a bit more of a scratch, as her front paws might be sliding down the door, but very often it really was like a knock that a human would do. If we had company over, they''d say, ''there''s someone at your door.'' And we''d just say, ''oh, that''s just the dog.''

You know I saw a show where the owners had door bell trained their dog? They had bought a special ''doggie'' doorbell. Dog would use it. Dog was, of course, a collie... but it was so amazing. The knocking thing is just fantastic though-- she jut came up with it on her own! That''s a smart dog.
36.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
My dog won''t eat unless someone is there to watch and encourage him. He''ll take a mouthful and drop it near you and look up at you as he''s chewing, as if to say, "See look. I''m eating." Then you have to tell him, "good boy! are you eating?" and then he''ll wag and get happy like "yeah, I am eating." If you stop watching or noticing, he''ll quit eating.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results