shape
carat
color
clarity

Talk with her parents

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

k-man

Rough_Rock
Well, here''s what happened to me. I went out to dinner with my GF and her parents. I plan on proposing in about 2 weeks while we are in Cuba. During the dinner I found out that her parents were going to be gone to their cottage the next two weeks and I wouldn''t be able to see them. I had every intention of having ''the talk'' with them in person so this caught me off guard. I''m not one for unplanned or unrehearsed conversations of this magnitude but I decided to go for it anyway while my GF was in the bathroom - obviously I had to be quick. I asked them, somewhat informally for their ''blessing'' or OK. Of course they were very happy and ok with it.

My regret now is that it seemed rushed and I was unable to truly tell them how I care and feel about their daughter (and all that other good stuff). So my question now is what should I do?

1) Send them a card/letter saying thanks and explaining to them how much she means to me (and how important they are too), etc.

2) Or save that for a speach during the actual wedding or engagement party, or some other event.

I''m leaning towards the card b/c it''s something they can keep.
Thoughts?

winyan

Brilliant_Rock

K-man

I like the idea of a card as well. You sound very sweet and caring, and I'm sure they are really delighted with you and their daughter's engagement.

win

suchairman

Rough_Rock
K-man:

I think the idea of a card/letter with your gratitude for their blessings is a great idea, and it will be greatfully appreciated by your fiance as well as your future in laws. I think it really says a lot. If I were her father, I could honestly say that it would give me a great deal of respect for you. Although some may say it's better to say it late than never.
I say go for it now with the card/letter.
Great idea!
appl.gif
Good luck!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results