shape
carat
color
clarity

Talk to me about PediPed Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you like them? I've only tried Robeez and have loved Robeez for the kiddos, but I thought I'd branch out a bit. I'm getting shoes size 12-18 months so I don't know if this makes a difference in your thoughts? TIA
35.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Huge Pediped fan here! The styles are absolutely adorable and they have sales from time to time so you can get good deals. I actually like them more than Robeez because they are thicker soled and have many more styles to choose from that are really fashionable! We used them a lot as "decorative" shoes on the girls before they could walk and then once they started walking, we really only used them inside rather than out on the streets and rougher surfaces. I feel like once they are truly walking, you definitely need a more durable sole and a shoe that is made for walking--like Stride Rite. But I will give a rave review to Pedipeds. Love them!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 12:54:59 PM
Author: curlygirl
Huge Pediped fan here! The styles are absolutely adorable and they have sales from time to time so you can get good deals. I actually like them more than Robeez because they are thicker soled and have many more styles to choose from that are really fashionable! We used them a lot as ''decorative'' shoes on the girls before they could walk and then once they started walking, we really only used them inside rather than out on the streets and rougher surfaces. I feel like once they are truly walking, you definitely need a more durable sole and a shoe that is made for walking--like Stride Rite. But I will give a rave review to Pedipeds. Love them!!
Thank y ou Curlygirl! I just bought one on ebay brand new, and I had a ebay bucks to use literally just a few minutes ago. I thought they looked like they had a little thicker sole than robeez so I''m glad you confirmed that you like them too... yay
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We loved them for the first year too! They are so cute (I think cuter than Robeez)and seem like they would be really comfortable. I stopped using them once she walked b/c she was an early walker so their styles in the size she wore still had the leather soles instead of the rubber. She now has 3 pairs of See Kai Run shoes which I also love. Really nice quality.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 4:23:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
We loved them for the first year too! They are so cute (I think cuter than Robeez)and seem like they would be really comfortable. I stopped using them once she walked b/c she was an early walker so their styles in the size she wore still had the leather soles instead of the rubber. She now has 3 pairs of See Kai Run shoes which I also love. Really nice quality.
hmm, I''ll have to look into this one too... Thank you! oh no, I didn''t know they had leather and also Rubber, I must have missed that when reading, oh well, I got these though, it''ll be slightly big but it''ll be a christmas gift to my 2nd DD since all she''s been wearing are hand me downs from her older sister.

pediped dt 109.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are adorable! I think their real soles start in size 5 but I am not sure. I just remembered when I needed them DD''s feet were a size too small.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are sooo cute D&T! We used the generic ones from Target and they wore like gangbusters, even on our basement floor that is roughed up cement. We also, when London was little, got some shoes from Ebay from the Tibetan villages handmade from yaks! Those yak shoes were wonderful-had fur on the inside but never were too hot and never caused the "stinky feet" some shoes did.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Tacori- You are right they do start at size 5.

Thanks Packrat. I'll have to check into those shoes too, you mentioned, I really dislike buying shoes... especially for babies. They get so expensive, and only worn for such a short amount of time, but I thought I needed to give Maleah her own shoes at least once.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Target shoes..I think the Ministar brand is what we used. Jeez I love looking at girls shoes..there''s some argyle ones too..I love argyle! And some sweet little flower ones...list of shoes

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 5:44:51 PM
Author: packrat
Target shoes..I think the Ministar brand is what we used. Jeez I love looking at girls shoes..there''s some argyle ones too..I love argyle! And some sweet little flower ones...list of shoes
CUTE!!! shoes thanks for the linkies
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found the yak shoes. Took some super sleuthing tho! We had the bear and white fish designs...'course when we got ours, 5 years ago, they only had like 4 designs to choose from and now they have about 50! They've also got a new Ugg type stitching or something..there's a picture of the "original" kind, and that's what we had. What size does she wear? I can look for ours and send them to you if they'll fit! yak shoes

edited to fix the link oops

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 6:13:45 PM
Author: packrat
I found the yak shoes. Took some super sleuthing tho! We had the bear and white fish designs...''course when we got ours, 5 years ago, they only had like 4 designs to choose from and now they have about 50! They''ve also got a new Ugg type stitching or something..there''s a picture of the ''original'' kind, and that''s what we had. What size does she wear? I can look for ours and send them to you if they''ll fit! yak shoes

edited to fix the link oops
Pack!! those are cute too! with the fuzzy...no need to wear socks! you are too sweet, well I guess I bought the pediped rather on the larger size so she''ll be able to wear them for at least six months, but we''re at a 12 month mark on size right now, not sure how that equates, as I haven''t looked into whether its a 2, 3 or so?
33.gif
and I can''t remember from my first DD...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
The shoes are 6-12 mo, but I''m positive she wore them longer than that...let me hunt them down and I can measure to be sure the length and stuff. Ha, we used to use Outlook for our email, and all the emails about the shoes are still there-I never would''ve found them otherwise..something to be said for keeping things "just in case" I guess!

Oh, you know what else I liked about them? The kids feet never sweated in them, ever.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
I
30.gif
pediped shoes. For me, it''s all about the really cute patterns. My DD is 7 months old and still wearing their 0-6 mo size. I think I have 4 or 5 pairs of these. I also have a couple pairs of Robeez, but I think the Pedipeds are much cuter! Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but Pediped now makes a flex line with bigger sizes that have rubber soles. I fully intend to buy those when Kate is big enough.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2009 4:04:36 PM
Author: jill_s
I
30.gif
pediped shoes. For me, it''s all about the really cute patterns. My DD is 7 months old and still wearing their 0-6 mo size. I think I have 4 or 5 pairs of these. I also have a couple pairs of Robeez, but I think the Pedipeds are much cuter! Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but Pediped now makes a flex line with bigger sizes that have rubber soles. I fully intend to buy those when Kate is big enough.
thanks Jill! totally agree with the pattern of the pedipeds shoes, I just received them and love the way it feels and looks already. I feel like even their leather sole are a bit more protective, durable and a little bit thicker than the Robeez
33.gif
not sure if you know what I mean, its not as "soft" but still feel very flexible

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
My doofy kid didn''t walk until 16 months, so I didn''t need anything really durable. I also didn''t care to spend money on "good" shoes since it was more for decoration. I bought robeez on sale (they always have them at Marshalls) and I will be the first to say I think they''re ugly. Pedipeds are way cuter, but I''m am more into function than form.

Now that she''s walking, stride rites is almost the only thing I''ll buy. I did get a really cute pair of Umi''s for her on sale. But the stride rites are so much more flexible and are lighter. You can also stock up when they are on sale and return them if you don''t use them for any reason at any time. Amelia''s pronated foot issue improved greatly when she started wearing her high top stride rites.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2009 1:23:01 AM
Author: TravelingGal
My doofy kid didn''t walk until 16 months, so I didn''t need anything really durable. I also didn''t care to spend money on ''good'' shoes since it was more for decoration. I bought robeez on sale (they always have them at Marshalls) and I will be the first to say I think they''re ugly. Pedipeds are way cuter, but I''m am more into function than form.

Now that she''s walking, stride rites is almost the only thing I''ll buy. I did get a really cute pair of Umi''s for her on sale. But the stride rites are so much more flexible and are lighter. You can also stock up when they are on sale and return them if you don''t use them for any reason at any time. Amelia''s pronated foot issue improved greatly when she started wearing her high top stride rites.
TGal- thanks for your input. Umi''s? (I never looked into them before- but I will now) I don''t hit the stores much and mostly do my shopping online to avoid the crowds... my second DD is hitting 12 months in a couple of weeks and not yet walking either but she stands up and takes a couple of steps and falls
37.gif
. My first DD walked at 10 months and I think I only bought one pair of stride rites but this was when she was much older as the only shoes I knew about were Robeez for beginners.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results