shape
carat
color
clarity

Taking my brother to the airport.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I’ve started a couple threads on this and never complete them. I guess it hasn’t felt real until now. Can I just say: the army is SO disorganized? My brother is being redeployed to replace the man who replaced him. He was killed in action, and now my brother is going back The Middle East. This time he’s going to Afghanistan. So his commanding officer told him about a month ago that he was being sent back. That was pretty much it. There was no timeline, nothing. The only concrete fact we knew was that he’ll be home again in late February. My brother is just finishing this man’s tour.

I guess it didn’t feel real because we didn’t know anything and random “You may get sent blah blah blah.” Those always fell through. This morning at like 5am, while SO was getting ready to leave for work, my brother called. I thought someone was in a wreck or something terrible happened. He was like “Kerry, can you bring me to the airport? My flight is at 7.” In my sleepy stupor I responded with, “What? Where are you going?” SO called in, and I got dressed.

: ( My brother is 22 years older than I am, and he’s honestly been the only father influence in my life (my father was an alcoholic and abusive). I guess I need to get the stationary out of storage and start writing some letters again.

Plus side, I didn’t have to load my car (I’m the only one with an SUV). SO and big brother did that while I typed this : )

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
k4 --

I'm so sorry your brother is going away again.

Big hugs to you and your family and HUGE THANKS to your wonderful brother who is leaving his home and family to protect us.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know how frustrating the armed forces can be. Its not an ideal life for anyone connected with it. I know it probably doesn't help but your brother is admired by a lot of people for the job he does. I am sure you are incredibly proud of him. Write him lots of letters and he will be home before you know it :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HUGS, Kagordo :sick:

My FBIL also didn't have any good idea of what was going on until the last minute, he and his family are now in Korea. A big thank you to your brother for his service, and a big HUG to you, I know you'll miss him and worry over him :(sad

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Hugs to you - being apart from someone you love is always difficult, but magnified when they're in the military. At least you recognize the lost art of letter writing.

Thanks very much to him for his service and I hope he stays safe and healthy.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hugs to you. I have family/friends in the Army and I know how nerve wracking a deployment can be. And *dust* to your brother that he'll stay safe and healthy until he can come home.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry that he has to go back. I don't know you and I don't know your brother, but I will keep you both in my thoughts. Regular people like me are incredibly grateful for your brother's service and the sacrifice you make every time you say good bye to him.

Do keep us updated.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs...lots of safty dust for your brother. May he stay safe while he is over there.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone : ) I'm only really sad because he is missing my graduation tomorrow. It's okay though, I know he'll be thinking about me.

He's most certainly my hero : D

Maisie, congratulations to your SO!! What an honor!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results