shape
carat
color
clarity

Take me Off!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
First,
Thank yall so much for being here for me for so long. Yall have been such a good support system. If I could have you all at my wedding I would!

So it finally happened! For those of you who don''t know my story I posted in the Introduce yourself a while back. Yesterday he took me on a walk to the park where he gave me a promise ring three years ago. He read Proverbs 31 (about the noble and virtuous wife) and said he wanted to be the deserving husband of that wife. He had the ring tied to that little ribbon bookmark. And when he closed the bible, it had my married name engraved on the cover. He got down on one knee and told me how much he loved me and asked me to marry him. It was perfect. And the ring is perfect. And he''s perfect. And I can''t believe he''s finally my fiance after four and a half years of being boyfriend and girlfriend! And then he gave me an eight-page paper he wrote entitled "Final Paper of Courtship and a Comprehensive Introduction of the Upcoming Engagement." It''s been a joke for a long time that he can talk forever about me and he could write an 8 pg paper off the top of his head--so he did!

We went to visit his family over Christmas and went to his old family jewlers (Koehler''s) where his dad bought his mother''s engagement ring...and I tried on an estate setting that was lovely, and then a loose sapphire. joel and I both knew that was it, but didn''t really tell each other that. So...that''s what I got and it''s perfect! We''re getting it insured on Monday so the cert will be here then...but all I know is it''s a
2.17 carat emerald cut flawless sapphire in a white gold pave diamond setting.

So...pictures! (more close ones will follow-my digital is on the blink, these were scanned from my mom''s this morning)

(I feel like I''m forgetting to tell yall something...)

Me and Joel Close.jpg

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Oh my goodness, that is quite possibly the best proposal I''ve ever heard. I''m so happy for you!! Wear your ring in good health and when I can, I look forward to reading about the wedding plans!!!

I''d love to see pictures of that Bible. Oh, and the ring too. :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a nice story! I am so happy for both of you! You are a fiancee now!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Congratulations, Plantation
36.gif
Your fiance planned a wonderful proposal, it sounds so sweet! The tiny pic of your ring looks amazing! Can''t wait for close ups
2.gif
Best wishes for your future marriage!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a sweet proposal, and you both look ecstatic in your pic. Can''t wait to see shots of that ring!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
HAND SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can''t wait to see the ring!

Congratulations....you both look sooooo happy!

Blod

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations on your engagement-lovely proposal!

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
My parents took us out to dinner--here is the champagne toast! The waitress teared up when I told her how he proposed, and then my mom teared up, and oh my it was just sweet!
(Can you tell my mother and I look alike?)

Toast two.jpg

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments. It makes me so excited for yall to be excited!
Here''s the ring...but I know it''s not the best picture, so don''t yell at me yet!

catssapphirering.jpg

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Wow....some more close-ups of the ring would be great. It looks sooooo elegant
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

blod

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! that ring looks fab!! would LOVE to see some close ups of it!! stunning...

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! It sounds like the perfect proposal for you two and I''m so happy that your wait is finally over!!! The ring is gorgeous!!! MORE PICS!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! What an amazing proposal... WOW! And your ring is GORGEOUS! I love sapphires...
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
Congrats and best wishes!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Aw...what a sweet proposal story! Congratulations!! When my brother propsed to my now sister-in-law he did something very close to your story. He had the ring on their favorite bible verse and also have her new married name engraved on the bible. Very thoughtful!!

Congratulations, and your ring is very pretty!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a lovely proposal story, and your ring is beautiful!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! What a sweet and thoughtful man you have -- I''m so happy for you both! And the ring is just beautiful
30.gif

jen
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - what a GORGEOUS ring!! Love the cut of that sapph and the setting is so regal!!! Congrats on your engagement.
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! The proposal sounds so incredibly sweet, and I can''t wait to see more pictures of that gorgeous sapphire.
30.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely proposal! Congratulations to you both.
1.gif
I love your ring!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! Congratulations!! That is without a doubt, the most precious proposal I have ever heard. I love that he connected it to what God says about what makes a good, godly, strong woman. It totally made me cry! Yay! I''m happy for you! I''ll definitely tell Paul about the city planner who''s engaged now!

How precious!!

Lovely ring, too. It''s beautiful and looks as if it''s found a happy home on your finger. How exciting!!! Yay!!!!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
What an absolutely, amazingly wonderful, heartwrenching proposal! You have yourself quite a keeper (of course you must be pretty great yourself!)- I wish you both blessings!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Catt! That''s a beautiful proposal and I love your ring!
36.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Wow! what an amazing story - Congrats!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gorgeous ring too!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That is such a heart warming story! I your ring is gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results