shape
carat
color
clarity

Take me off this list S'il vous plait!

snow12

Rough_Rock
This past weekend my boyfriend proposed! Finally!

We took a long weekend vacation to Montreal this past week and he proposed on the top of a hill overlooking Montreal! Here is a link to the place - http://www.yelp.com/biz/parc-du-mont-royal-montr%C3%A9al-2

Will post picture and a long story later! :naughty:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! :appl: Can't wait to hear the story and see pictures!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats- that is sooo exciting :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

snow12

Rough_Rock
So here is my story:

SO and I left last thursday for a long weekend getaway to Montreal. He let me pick the destination and I thought Montreal would be perfect because he speaks fluent french and I thought it would be fun to have him be in control of the weekend since I always am! He's originally from Morocco so whenever we travel in the US it is me doing all the work, which isn't a problem its just because I know the ropes.

But thursday and friday were spend doing touristy things around Montreal. Saturday morning we slept in and went downtown for a bit since it was beautiful out! He had made reservations at a Moroccan restaurant for dinner. It ended up being a dinner/show with belly dancers and a 5 course meal; something we've never done before! Near the end of dinner he got up to use the bathroom and I noticed the ring box in his pocket! Keep in mind, I packed all of his clothes for the trip and he must have had it in his coat because I didn't even know he brought it! I was betting he was going to ask me durning dinner but he didn't! On our way back to the hotel, he stops and says that he wants to check out the overlook at night since we had planned to do it the night before but we both fell asleep really early! I said okay and we headed up there. It was a beautiful sight but it was surprisingly busy for 12:30 at night.. maybe due to the fact it was st. pattys day! It had gotten pretty chilly so I grabbed a blanket from the car and we sat for a while until I was getting too cold and we decided to head back to the hotel. At this point I wasn't expecting a proposal since we were leaving and I know he wouldn't like to propose with a ton of people around. We hopped in the car and were headed down the other side when he all of a sudden pulls over, parks the car and runs around the back to my side of the car. I hop out of the car and ask him what the heck hes doing when he gets down on one knee and proposes! I could tell he was so nervous he couldn't even get the ring box open! I of course said yes and turned into a bawling hot mess! Phew - at least I got the YES out before! I'm so glad he didn't ask me infront of a bunch of people! I wanted something quiet and just for us - and he definitely delivered!

And finally some crappy phone pics! I will post better pictures as soon as I can get my DSLR working...

snow12

Rough_Rock
His iphone takes way better pictures than my phone!

482805_10150602192251073_627951072_9242815_54565193_n.jpeg

IMG-20120319-00341.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
snow12 said:
His iphone takes way better pictures than my phone!
it's stunning!! I love emerald cuts! :)

Congrats again

snow12

Rough_Rock
Thank you! :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Snow! Beautiful ring and such a sweet romantic story! A Canadian connection to your international romance!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your proposal sounds so sweet. The ring turned out wonderfully!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! Love your ring! That is one of my favorite settings for an emerald cut! :love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! What a beautiful ring, and a lovely story. Only the best wishes to the two of you in the future!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I guess we missed this!!! Thanks for linking me back :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results