shape
carat
color
clarity

Take me off the list, please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I am still in shock and I can''t stop staring at my beautiful ring!

We always knew I would a big part of picking out the ring, and we’ve been talking about getting married next year anyways, but I didn’t think a ring was in the budget right now. etc…

We were in St Maarten on vacation last week, and we took Thursday off from laying out on the beach and went shopping since it was raining a bit. We were checking out a jewelry store, just poking around, and before I knew what was happening, we seriously started considering 2 different stones…..we went back the next day so I could pick out a setting I liked (I was thinking SO would jot down the info then work with the guy when he got home.)

Before I knew it – we made the deal, and the guys said come back in 2 hours and we’ll set the stone and size the ring for you! I was totally shocked – we had no intention of doing this on vacation.

So we got the ring, drove off, and 15 minutes later SO stopped at a beautiful lookout point high up on a hill. When he pulled of the road, I immediately started bawling my eyes out. We got out of the car, stood there for a minute and he said the nicest things to me, slipped the ring on my finger and asked me to marry him! I literally couldn''t breathe. It was really sweet. Then we went for drinks and had a fabulous dinner. It was perfect. So it wasn’t a surprise, but it kind of was. This happened on Friday and we still had a few days to celebrate by ourselves since we just got home Monday night.

We plan on a destination wedding in St Maarten! December 2010!

As soon as I get over the technology hurdles I will post some pictures!

Stats:
2 Ct round H&A, SI1, I
Set in 14Kt White gold
.25 Ct princess cuts on each side.
pave detail on the profile

I couldn''t be happier, and the last few days have been so much fun as we tell our family and frends!!
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let''s see it!!!
31.gif

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! I love your story! You got the best of both worlds - surprise and picking out the ring!! Can''t wait to see pics!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!!!! Congratulations
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Pics, pics, pics!!!!!

RoxEHeart

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
yay! how sweet!!!!! looking forward to the pictures :) the caribbean always has this tropical magical feel to it that makes it so romantic to be with your SO, his proposal was so sweet! congratulations!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
HOORAY! Congrats!
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
HOOOOORAY!!! Such a WONDERFUL story!!! Your ring sounds like a stunner and I can''t wait to see pictures!!!
36.gif

Honestly, I''m grinning from ear to ear...your post just exudes happiness!!!
9.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! What a sweet proposal story. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your ring!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! CONGRATS!!
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!! Can''t wait to see pics!!!!!!!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Can''t wait for the ring photos!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That is so sweet! I love that you found your ring, got engaged and will get married all in the same place! How many people can say that? Congrats!!

jodyblair

Rough_Rock
How exciting! Congratulations :) I can''t wait to see pics!

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
So romantic!!
30.gif
Can''t wait to see pics!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
YAAAAAY!!! Congratulations!! I just realized I got engaged in St. Maarten too! :) This past August at the Pelican Resort.
9.gif

ETA (even though I don't know what ETA stands for...) I just realized it because, I finished reading your post, and was only going to comment that I was there this summer in August. Only just as I was typing did I remember. LOL!! D'oh! Not that it wasn't memorable, it's that it was such a surreal moment, that it seemed disconnected to my vacation.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! So excited for you! Can''t wait to see pics.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
How sweet. Congrats. I can''t wait to see pics.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That''s so awesome
1.gif
Your vacation/proposal story is amazing, and your destination wedding plans are definitely exciting!!

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Yay Yay Yay!!! Congrats!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations pushin40!

Your ring sounds lovely - I can''t wait to see pics!

Sometime when it''s time, It''s Time you know?

How spontaneous and delightful!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!! That is soo unexpected and sweet!! Can''t wait to see pictures!!!

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
Oh how wonderful! I am with everyone else when asking to see pictures!!!!!
12.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Congrats..great story and beautiful backdrop!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 5:06:08 PM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
YAAAAAY!!! Congratulations!! I just realized I got engaged in St. Maarten too! :) This past August at the Pelican Resort.
9.gif

ETA (even though I don''t know what ETA stands for...) I just realized it because, I finished reading your post, and was only going to comment that I was there this summer in August. Only just as I was typing did I remember. LOL!! D''oh! Not that it wasn''t memorable, it''s that it was such a surreal moment, that it seemed disconnected to my vacation.
Holy COW Bleed Burt Orange!

We were staying at the Pelican too! What a small world! Looks like we have our own little club!!!!

We did the Pelican for a week then 2 nights at the Raddison on the French side - GORGEOUS but expensive with the Euro exchange rate! We had lots of problems at the Pelican but that''s another story (cockroaches and MICE!!)!

Everyone THANK YOU For the concratulations! I PROMISE will have pictures to post by the end of the weekend -we have been SOOO busy everynight since I got back!

What a happy FUN week it''s been!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Incredible story! Congratulations!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 12:41:01 PM
Author: Pushin40

Date: 12/2/2009 5:06:08 PM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
9.gif

ETA (even though I don''t know what ETA stands for...) I just realized it because, I finished reading your post, and was only going to comment that I was there this summer in August. Only just as I was typing did I remember. LOL!! D''oh! Not that it wasn''t memorable, it''s that it was such a surreal moment, that it seemed disconnected to my vacation.
Holy COW Bleed Burt Orange!

We were staying at the Pelican too! What a small world! Looks like we have our own little club!!!!

We did the Pelican for a week then 2 nights at the Raddison on the French side - GORGEOUS but expensive with the Euro exchange rate! We had lots of problems at the Pelican but that''s another story (cockroaches and MICE!!)!

Everyone THANK YOU For the concratulations! I PROMISE will have pictures to post by the end of the weekend -we have been SOOO busy everynight since I got back!

What a happy FUN week it''s been!
I really liked the Pelican. Were the roaches and mice in your suite? ewww!!
14.gif
I did see some outside, but...where doesn''t have roaches these days! We''ll definitely be going back, but we''ll be staying in the new building (the main one) next time.

We only took a day trip to the French side, one of the days they did the boat across to there. It was nice to walk around.

Congratulations again! Can''t wait to see pictures!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results