shape
carat
color
clarity

TAKA Jewellery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nethergate

Rough_Rock
Hi , I''m planning to buy jewelleries from TAKA since it is cheap.

But I''m wondering why now the jewelleries from TAKA are so cheap in the first place. Anyone has any insights?

Is it cheap because its quality are lower?

Someone told me TAKA jewellry and SK jewellery has the same importer but just that SK chose to price it higher due to brand perception. Is it true?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi!

What specifically were you wanting to purchase?

nethergate

Rough_Rock
Hiya,

I''m looking for diamond earnings, most of those that I see in TAKA is around $145 I guess.
But SK is much higher, although the things there seems quite high-class which gives me a feel good factor :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t seem to find sites for either that actually show diamond inventory, but I can tell you, that old saying is true. You do get what you pay for.
2.gif

However, just because one diamond is more expensive than another, does not automatically mean it''s a good diamond. There is much that goes into cutting and pricing of a diamond. Before making a purchase, if you have not already, I would recommend reading the tutorial section here. That way, you can make a very informed decision and feel good about your purchase!

This is the basic tutorial, after this is the advanced. Together, they should put you well on your way to a fabulous diamond.
28.gif

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Nethergate,

Welcome to Pricescope. I believe that most of the folks here do not have experience with TAKA and SK Jewelry since those are Singapore-based shops. We do have a few folks here from SG and they can chime in for sure if they bought from them (which I have not).

GladysKristen had recommended the below vendor that I found out later that my Sister and her friends and their families have been using the same vendor as well. Their price is reasonable given that they do not have the high retail cost with their location:

Yuen Tung (Wah Kee) Gems & Jewellery
1093 Lower Delta Rd #07-09 Tiong Bahru Ind Est
Tel : 6270 2278
Email: [email protected]

I have spoken to the father (his son is the main guy running the shop now) and he had showed me a batch of melees (smaller RBs) that he hand-selected and with the loupe, I can definitely see the arrows on most of it. He has a good eye for nice stones but is not really into the various reports/tools that we see on PS. I think his Son is probably in tune with the tools and reports used here. The folks there are very friendly and helpful. They have quite a selection of loose stones and they have on-site benchmen to set it for custom job (not sure about the turnaround time though).

Hope it helps.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
nethergate, I take it you're from Singapore?
35.gif

The prices only tell part of the story. TAKA is after the mass market and positions itself as 'diamonds you can afford'. TAKA outsources cutting work to countries with lower labor costs like China and many of their diamonds are of clarity grade SIs and Is. But they do carry GIA graded higher colors and these are certainly not cheap.

SK's target market is the dual income couples/family or singles with more disposable income. Iirc they carry the 'brilliant rose' cut?

First of all you must set a budget. Only then do you shop around for the best you can get with that budget. Examine the workmanship. Try to assess your diamond's optics outside the store, away from the bright halogen spotlights. Well cut diamonds are very forgiving and would look beautiful in most light settings.

I'd check out Goodsoul's lead. Before ASET and IS-images, these jewelers can pick out a good stone with nothing but a loupe.

Anyway, shopping for jewelery is an emotional experience. You can get swayed by the sales pitch or the velvet sofa or the cup of floral tea.
25.gif

And before starting on the tutorial, know that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. I started out wanting a minimum of F/VS1 after reading a little about the 4Cs. But once I know more, I was more than happy getting a K/SI2 and saved myself a bundle in the process!

nethergate

Rough_Rock
actually I''m buying earnings for my Prom night in school. Although TAKA''s jewelry seems fine to me, but I''m still uneasy about its price, seems like its diamonds are "cheap". And there must be a reason for it, which the first impression of low quality.

Thx for the advice, I''ll check out the tutorial to educate myself a little bit more before buying :)

gt

Rough_Rock
I believe that there are some quality buys for Taka if you know how to look. If you have an idealscope that would be a good tool to go there with. Most of their cheaper pieces have in-house cert not the international GIA/AGS cert. But like mentioned before, they are positioned for the mass market thus they normally will have variety in their designs which you might not find in other major retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results