shape
carat
color
clarity

Tahitian pearls - Vendor vs. IRL pictures

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic pearls from PP. I was walking around, afraid to pull the trigger, and I probably should have.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_0777.JPG Sea of Cortez 18k diamond ring from Columbia Gem house/ Trigem designs. Photo from my ipad.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
From vendors website. Stock photo.

IMG_5045.JPG

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
That is one stunning SoC pearl! Love the setting too.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing Sea of Cortez! Thank you for sharing, now I know what to look for

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, I was thrilled to luck into this buying it from a friend and it goes with my Sea of Cortez pendant which is a darker rose/aubergine color than the ring. Columbia gem house is a fair trade seller who buys directly from the farm. I showed this ring to Douglas at the Ruckus and asked him to grade the pearl for me. He said it was a A+++. This made me happy since it's its his next to highest rating.
In case you're interested in their other styles here is their link. They only sell though authorized jewelers. http://www.cortezpearls.com/cortez-pearls-jewelry/cortez-pearls-jewelry.php

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Siameseroo, Thank you for posting the pictures of your necklaces! I really like your circled peacock strand! Wonderful colors!

Recently, PP seems to have redone how they are taking pictures. I think the new pictures seem more accurate.

NacreLover, your ring is beautiful.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you mtsapphirelovingannie. PP hired a new photographer a few years ago. Her photos are different than A's were.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
New strand of 8-10mm AA+ silver oval Tahitians from PP.

Vendor description:

This stunning Tahitian pearl necklace features pearls with oval shapes that look round from a distance. The pearls are silver with subtle blue and green overtones. The strand is composed of well-matched pearls in the tight size range of 8.0 to 10.0 mm, and have natural light blemishing with the highest luster. The finished strand will be approximately 18 inches in length, knotted on color-matching silk and finished with a 14k gold clasp.

Listing photos:

IMG_8588.JPG

IMG_8589.JPG

Additional photos provided by Erin at PP:

IMG_8625.JPG

IMG_8626.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

My photos taken in various lighting situations:

IMG_8712.JPG

IMG_8747.JPG

On the right:
IMG_8744.JPG

Artificial office light:
IMG_8713.JPG

Indoors, natural light only:
IMG_8752.JPG

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! Those look fantastic on you.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New strand of 8-10mm AA+ silver oval Tahitians from PP.

Vendor description:

This stunning Tahitian pearl necklace features pearls with oval shapes that look round from a distance. The pearls are silver with subtle blue and green overtones. The strand is composed of well-matched pearls in the tight size range of 8.0 to 10.0 mm, and have natural light blemishing with the highest luster. The finished strand will be approximately 18 inches in length, knotted on color-matching silk and finished with a 14k gold clasp.

Listing photos:

IMG_8588.JPG

IMG_8589.JPG

Additional photos provided by Erin at PP:

IMG_8625.JPG

IMG_8626.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

My photos taken in various lighting situations:

IMG_8712.JPG

IMG_8747.JPG

On the right:
IMG_8744.JPG

Artificial office light:
IMG_8713.JPG

Indoors, natural light only:
IMG_8752.JPG
They look gorgeous, especially on the photo where part of your face is seen as well.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the face on pictures of the PP strands. I like seeing how the center of the strand is going to look when it's on the neck rather than trying to guess from the side-oriented style of pictures that they used to do. In an ideal world I'd love for there to be neck photos of every strand - I find that when I get PP to do those for me I get the best idea of what to expect.

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That silver strand is absolutely delightful!
I just got a pair (from a lot, not actually sold as a matched pair) of gorgeous green Tahitians with warm overtones from thePearlHouse on Etsy. I'm obviously challenged with photographing them, but I'm really happy.

1a570284b50282a55f11e203ce63f96b.png

1251a32bd8f43ad8e2187aca262b41bf.jpg

0b16b1773d3c0daf39259b24c71cf437.jpg

This last one is as recorded under semi-sunny diffused light. There is a lovely green hue and bronze-coppery overtones just like I asked for. The small blemishes don't bother me at all and the crisp lustre and overall shape is great. I can't wait to take them to the jeweller's today. I'd actually love rose gold stud fastenings ... let's see if they can do that.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous!

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you. Now I really need to make up my mind whether I want to go with simple studs or rather have them dangle from small hoops (I'm terrified of loosing studs so that might be better, but for the drop style, I think drop-shaped pearls would be better suited ... so I think studs it'll be). Are your pearl studs always mounted acentrically on the post to compensate dipping off from the earlobe? I thought that was a neat idea, being a total pearl stud newbie. :)

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
th.jpg Mine are center drilled with a pearl cup.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Marion pretty studs. Post final pics.
I do have a question about the pearl house. Did u request for a match since it's from a lot?

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
thank you NacreLover!

Yes, Kalmen, we had few messages going to and fro, because I didn't understand at first that the 'dark' lots contained no 'multicoloured' ones ... and they said that they didn't really match from lots ... but I ended up putting an order in for a lot, with all my wishes in the comments ... it worked out fantastically!

I wonder if I'm going to end up cost-wise. The pearls were about 120Euro to ship here, and my jeweller would take another 300Euro to make the studs. I fear I might have gotten a better deal buying finished studs? (mine are 8mm)

Last edited:

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, yes, I've considered this too. The only speciality is that she would mount the post a bit off center of the mounting so that the weight of the pearl wouldn't make it hanging off the ear lobe. But I guess for 8mm there shouldn't too much of an issue, the pearls aren't so heavy. My hope at least.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Marion , think you lucked out. I wanted a particular colour of pearl from the lot and was told to just leave a comment and they will try their best.
That makes me nervous orderig.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Nicely matched pair but the price from the jeweller is a bit steep. If you are worried about how they will sit (which should not be a problem with 8mm anyway) get some of the big backs.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I have a torn hole (hoop earring got caught with a bush combing my hair.) I have to use acrylic discs from Rio grande and now even 13mm tahitian pearls sit up on the ear lobe. No tipping forward. 100 to a pack and under $10.00 They go between the back of your ear and the ear nut/butterfly clutchback 125.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
A matched pair of multicolour 9mm AAA/AA+ near round Tahitians from the Pearl House. They actually measure 10.1mm, are very round and have zero blemishes so I got lucky with these!

They are silver/grey with purple and blue overtones. In some lights they look mostly grey (but an interesting, complex grey) and in other lighting they look silver with striking blue and purple overtones. As you can see from the below photos the colours really shift depending on light.

IMG_9242.jpg

IMG_9150.JPG

IMG_9170.JPG

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Siameseroo - I love your pearl tin cup necklace - can you tell me a bit more about the vendor etc - it is pretty much exactly what I am after :)
many thanks
D2b

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Siameseroo - I love your pearl tin cup necklace - can you tell me a bit more about the vendor etc - it is pretty much exactly what I am after :)
many thanks
D2b

Hi D2b! I made it myself with keshi Tahitians from Jac at the Pearl House on Etsy. I wire wrapped the necklce using sterling silver chain and wire from Rio Grande. The chain is 2.1mm from memory and the pearls are 1inch apart. I hope this helps!

If you aren't interested in wire wrapping your own necklace, Sarah at Oceans Cove should be able to source similar pearls and make you a custom piece https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OceansCove

Edited to correct chain width.

Last edited:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Oops the chain is 2.1mm rolo chain!

IMG_9314.JPG

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Siameseroo, I love your studs, they look fabulous on your ear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results