shape
carat
color
clarity

Table Linen with a Pattern?

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
We looked at table linen this weekend and found something we like. I think. Why the uncertainty? In looking through magazines and online (think the knot real weddings), the table linen frequently feature is white/ivory or some solid color. The linen we found and like has a print, but it is a tasteful pattern that fits with our woodland theme (even compliments our colors). So, I guess my question are you or did you use table linen with a print? And, if anyone has pictures, would you mind sharing?

Thank you

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen patterned table linens used at a wedding but that doesn''t mean it can''t be done. I think it really depends on the style of pattern and other design elements of the decor. Do you have a link to the linen or something similar? What are you doing for CPs?

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm...that came out a little larger than I had intended, sorry about that. Regarding CPs, we are going simple: white with gold outline.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I have also only seen white or solids for table linen but that is so rich looking, I love it! If it matches your theme and will not clash with the wedding parties dresses/suits then I say go for it.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
On My Fair Wedding with David Tutera, he''s done patterned linens. And if he can do it... :)

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I think they look gorgeous! It will give a very rich and elegant look to your reception I think! Go you for breaking out of the norm!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
I think they are beautiful! I have been to wedding with patterned lines and they alternated between plain black linens and damask pattern linens. So only half the tables had the pattern. It looked great. Although I am not sure you would need to do that. Damask is a very busy pattern in comparison to what you have chosen. I think theirs would have looked to cluttered if all the tables had the pattern, but yours is much mroe subtle and I think you could definitely get away with having all of them patterened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thats very subtle and pretty. Go for it! Thanks for posting it.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FI and I will be making a similar decision soon. In addition to solids in ivory, white and a variety of colors, our caterer offers table clothes similar to this texture and other textures. Our colors are burgundy, ivory and a celery green. The bridal party will be wearing burgundy and we''re thinking about green textured table clothes at our outdoor/woodsy reception site. The caterer was excited about it. I''m still on the fence about it though. My friend has suggested that we get rid of the green altogether and just go with ivory. I''m leaning towards textured green or maybe alternate textured green and ivory tables. Definitely no burgundy table cloths because we don''t want the ladies to blend in the tables!

Well, that might not have been helpful, but I think the table cloth in the picture you posted is lovely.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Hello!
Thank you for the encouragment...I am excited about table linen (never thought I would ever say that
3.gif
).

Sillyberry--I just laughed when I read your post. I have watched my share of David T. His weddings are pretty wow.

Winelover-- how pretty! That is going to look so great.

Mary Poppins-- well, I''m biased. I say go with the green table linen or alternating green linen. After looking at a number of pictures, I like the way that linen can dress up a room. And, I will be honest, I know that I am a klutz and ivory linen stresses me a little because I worry about spilling ...not that that means anything.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2010 12:29:09 AM
Author: sillyberry
On My Fair Wedding with David Tutera, he''s done patterned linens. And if he can do it... :)

True, the wedding I went to that was on MFW, had that SAME pattern, but in red and gold. It looked pretty, a little busy, but thats probably because there was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much on the tables.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Table Linen with a Pattern?

Go for it! We are contemplating using "flourish" patterend table linens for our wedding.
I love how sophisticated pattern table linens can look!

and I have to tell ya, I think I came accross that fabric in one of my books the other day. If not that exact one (which I think it was), it was very similar. And very beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results