shape
carat
color
clarity

SYTYCD, I'm a huge softie!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah...I think having marko do the pase doble was a little bit of a waste. It doesn't really show him off to full advantage.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn't surprised with the results last night...I don't think the contestants were, either. I loved seeing Kent again and the "Bad Boys of Dance" group number was cool, even if their name is stupid. (And incorrect since the best dancer was the woman!)

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn't at all surprised Caitlyn went home - whether the judges or America decided, there was no way it wouldn't be Sasha vs. Melanie in the finale.

I was a little suprised Tadd stayed over Ricky - I am getting so tired of Tadd's hand walking/jumping solos. He does ok with the other styles, but I feel like Ricky is a stronger dancer overall. Ultimately it doesn't really matter since the boys will likely finish 3-4 in the final voting anyway. Team Sasha all the way for me!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Its gunna be a fight to the finish between Melanie and Marko!They both have the technical ability and the ability to draw in an audiance with their presence and passion for dance.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved seeing the Lauren/Kent/Travis Wall "Collide" number again. (And again, and again, and again -- since I have Tivo!) I forgot how great that was .... though I remember how great THEY are.

Really don't think there's been ANYTHING that good this year. Despite a field of strong dancers. I'm just gonna say it. Am starting to LOATHE Melanie. She's a weirdo goofball squishyfaced puppet. Camp Sasha FTW! (Though I wouldn't complain if Marko won either.)

Poor, pretty Caitlynn. That chick could have a career in movies. She looks like Emma Stone. Who seems to be on the cover of every mag right now.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psst....

Mark Kanemura is going to be in the finale. So is Joshua Allen, Robert Roldan and Lauren Froderman! 4 of my fave dancers, so I'm really looking forward to it.

And I think will.i.am will be guest judging!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
okay, am I the only one irritated by Lil C? I hope he inspires young people to expand their vocabulary, but I was sure he was preparing what he was going to say during the rehearsals and then writing it down on a piece of paper. Christina confirmed this for me when she read off his paper.

Mary Murphy - hello, can we say cleavage?

loved Melanie's solo.

so nice to see Kent back. however, the kiss at the end of his routine with Lauren made me cringe. not sure why.

wacking is dumb.

from this season, who do you think will come back as All-Stars? I think maybe that Eastern European lady who got sent home at the beginning might be an all-star for the ballroom genre. then probably Marko, Sasha and Melanie.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1312688377|2985700 said:
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psst....

Mark Kanemura is going to be in the finale. So is Joshua Allen, Robert Roldan and Lauren Froderman! 4 of my fave dancers, so I'm really looking forward to it.

And I think will.i.am will be guest judging!

EEeeeeee Mark!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Two words on Mark's performance:

SQU-WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
decodelighted|1312686719|2985694 said:
I loved seeing the Lauren/Kent/Travis Wall "Collide" number again. (And again, and again, and again -- since I have Tivo!) I forgot how great that was .... though I remember how great THEY are.

Really don't think there's been ANYTHING that good this year. Despite a field of strong dancers. I'm just gonna say it. Am starting to LOATHE Melanie. She's a weirdo goofball squishyfaced puppet. Camp Sasha FTW! (Though I wouldn't complain if Marko won either.)

Poor, pretty Caitlynn. That chick could have a career in movies. She looks like Emma Stone. Who seems to be on the cover of every mag right now.

Oh c'mon Deco! Loathe? Melanie is an amazing dancer. Her connective tissue/flow is divine. From her toes to the tips of her fingers, she embodies dance. To each her own!

Caitlynn is (was) meh to me. Energy and flash, but look at her hands! Constricted and gymnast-y. Her movements are a little stop/start. She also has her own brand of squishyfaced puppet.:cheeky:

Sasha is wonderful. It's between Melanie and Sasha for me.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Galateia|1313022863|2988215 said:
Two words on Mark's performance:

SQU-WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Ditto! Some of the other numbers, now...not so much. :knockout:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Okay, ladies, so what did you think?

You know I love Melanie, and I want for her to win, but she fell flat for me last night. Her solo was meh (solo last week was much better) and the weeping was too much. I'm not big into crying, it's sort of why I stopped liking Marko so much.

I thought Sasha's solo was really good. Better than expected. I still think she lacks grace, but at least her solo really featured how powerful she is. May as well feature your biggest strength.

I really think it will come down to the ladies.

Speaking of ladies, Katie Holmes is such a terrible judge. It's okay to be honest, you don't just have to say nice things.

And I have one last bone to pick: the choreographers. We got Travis in the beginning and that was nice, and I like most of NappyTabs' work, but this show is really lacking some good choreography these days. No more Mia. No more Wade Robson. And in the finale we got some pretty bad disco and that bad cha cha piece? This season was one of the worst for me (and I really thought it would be great in the beginning), but I'm wondering if the lack of good choreography is part of the reason I wasn't loving this season.

Anyway, as much as I love SYTYCD, I'm sort of glad this season is almost over. It's a bit of a time drain (even when it's DVRed and I can FF through a lot of it).

ETA: I thought Cat looked AMAZING. I really hope she wins an Emmy this year, I just love her.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
i have to agree that the show last night was not as entertaining as past episodes. there was no real memorable moments for me.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought last night was pretty awful, and ditto NEL on the constant weeping by Melanie. :rolleyes:

WHY would they have DISCO in the finale? Not to mention all the other stupid dances like that stomping one? I thought Lil C's number was weak, the stomping one was weak, and pretty much all of them were blah.

Katie Holmes was an awful, awful judge. I'd rather have Lady Gaga insulting NappyTabs than have to listen to Katie Holmes tell all the dancers they're amazing over and over again!

I think it'll definitely come down to the ladies, and of course I'm team Sasha all the way. I voted for her about 30 times last night. :cheeky:

One question though-what's all this strife Sasha has supposedly been through? She keeps alluding to it, all the judges keep alluding to it and calling her a warrior-does she have some sort of sad back story? It doesn't seem like it to me, unless I missed something.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Melanie was weeping? Yikes! I don't have a tv-lame I know, so I have to wait to watch it online! I hate the delay! But...it sounds like I'm not missing much. I already know that KH will annoy me. :devil:
(I actually like reading all of your comments before I get to watch! haha)

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
thing2of2|1313076426|2988554 said:
One question though-what's all this strife Sasha has supposedly been through? She keeps alluding to it, all the judges keep alluding to it and calling her a warrior-does she have some sort of sad back story? It doesn't seem like it to me, unless I missed something.

Doesn't seem like it to me either. Her parents seem so stable and kind. What could it be? A bad break-up??

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I thought last night was pretty awful, and ditto NEL on the constant weeping by Melanie. :rolleyes:

Okay, but you have to acknowledge that was orchestrated by the show by making her talk about her dead father.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
coatimundi|1313085430|2988665 said:

Doesn't seem like it to me either. Her parents seem so stable and kind. What could it be? A bad break-up??

I thought the same about her parents and family! I guess a break-up? Meh...not impressed with that strife!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Galateia|1313087568|2988691 said:

Okay, but you have to acknowledge that was orchestrated by the show by making her talk about her dead father.

Yeah but that was during the interview portion! I guess they played that before her solo, but still-there was no dead dad stuff the other times!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto NEL. I'm kind of glad this season is almost over...

I was saddened by Mark's dance. He just HAD to be paired with my least favorite dancer...suxors. He's still awesome at least.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No final thoughts?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild|1313270290|2990248 said:
No final thoughts?

I've got some final thoughts, but mostly about the finale performance show and not the actual finale. The performance show was SO AWFUL. Shockingly bad. It's like they saved up all the crappy choreographers just for the finale! And they had the dancers perform so many routines, which I think was part of the problem.

I knew Melanie would win, so whatevs. I still love Sasha!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1313281081|2990318 said:
FrekeChild|1313270290|2990248 said:
No final thoughts?

I've got some final thoughts, but mostly about the finale performance show and not the actual finale. The performance show was SO AWFUL. Shockingly bad. It's like they saved up all the crappy choreographers just for the finale! And they had the dancers perform so many routines, which I think was part of the problem.

I knew Melanie would win, so whatevs. I still love Sasha!
Agreed. Minus the last line about Sasha.

I thought that the performance show was pretty dang miserable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results