shape
carat
color
clarity

Symmetry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tye_rone1

Rough_Rock
I've found a diamond that is pretty much everything I'm looking for, with one exception; the symmetry is rated as "FR". If the depth%, table%, and polish are all what I want, should I worry about the "FR" symmetry rating? How much does this hurt it's appearance? Is it worth another 100 - 200 bucks to step up to a slightly better symmetry rating?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
tye-rone1-
The cut is the most important factor in determing the brilliance of your diamond. Depth and table percentages are a part of what determines the cut grade so I guess I don't quite understand that statement. Superior cut quality is what has the affect on the shine and brilliancy on your diamond. That would be the first thing I would concentrate on getting a stone the cut quality. There is a great tutorial which Garry Holloway has on pricescope as well as his homepage. Check it out. Goodoldgold also has an educational section on diamonds I would suggest reading through it also. There are many stones left unturned in your question. Post all the data on your diamond and you can probably get some more feedback concerning your prospective purchase.Consider adding Depth %, Table %, Crown Angle, Pavilion Angle, & Cutlet %. Who graded your stone (GIA, EGL ...etc...) Include what the size and clarity rating is. If your a beginner check out the sites I mentioned I hope they can help-:praise:

Take it Easy-Josh

tye_rone1

Rough_Rock
Thanks Josh,
I'm definitely a beginner, and all I'm really concerned about is unmagnified appearance. Here is the info on the stone:

Size: .9ct Color: H Clarity: VS1 Depth %: 62.1 Table %: 61 Polish: GD Flourescence: N Symmetry: FR

It seems like everything is ok for appearance, except I don't understand what problems the symmetry will cause.

Thanks for your help. Tye

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results