shape
carat
color
clarity

Symmetry and Polish

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellie424

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I was originally looking for an Ex/Ex/Ex round brilliant diamond (if graded by GIA). I am finding it difficult to find this while staying in my budget. I definitely want to stay with an Excellent cut..but I''m *considering* going to a Very Good rating for either Symmetry or Polish. If I do go down to VG for Symmetry or Polish..is it going to be noticible next to an Ex/Ex/Ex diamond? Also...if you were to go down to VG on either Symmetry or Polish...which of the two would you choose to lower?

Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many people can''t tell the difference on either with VG, but some can. In the "real" world, most will not notice. I''d shoot for VG Polish first, then Sym if need be.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya, same here, drop polish then symm.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2009 5:36:23 PM
Author: Ellen
Many people can''t tell the difference on either with VG, but some can. In the ''real'' world, most will not notice. I''d shoot for VG Polish first, then Sym if need be.
Third that.

ellie424

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for your responses!! Will there be a noticible difference in price from an excellent polish/symmetry diamond to a very good polish/symmetry? Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 12:08:29 AM
Author: ellie424
Thanks so much for your responses!! Will there be a noticible difference in price from an excellent polish/symmetry diamond to a very good polish/symmetry? Thanks again!
Probably not much difference pricewise and other factors could play a part.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some, depends also on other factors. Want us to help on the search?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The easier way to save money is on clarity of color... what grades are you looking for on those varaibles and are you comfortable dropping?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 8:53:00 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
The easier way to save money is on clarity of color... what grades are you looking for on those varaibles and are you comfortable dropping?
yep ditto this
9.gif

ellie424

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for an I SI1. I would prefer not to go down in color unless absolutely necessary (I find that in person I prefer Is over Js) and SI1 is probably the lowest clarity I am comfortable with. I may just have to go with a smaller stone, which I didn''t really want to do..but I may have no choice. I was hoping that lowering the symmetry and polish may help a little with the cost..but it doesn''t look like it would. Thank you again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 10:07:27 AM

I am looking for an I SI1. I would prefer not to go down in color unless absolutely necessary (I find that in person I prefer Is over Js) and SI1 is probably the lowest clarity I am comfortable with. I may just have to go with a smaller stone, which I didn''t really want to do..but I may have no choice. I was hoping that lowering the symmetry and polish may help a little with the cost..but it doesn''t look like it would. Thank you again!
What is your budget and the carat size you are aiming for? How much of the budget can be spent on the diamond itself and how much for the setting?

ellie424

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for a 1.7 ct H&A diamond. The max I would be willing to spend is 10,500 on just the diamond and about 2K for the setting. However, I would feel more comfortable spending about 10K on the diamond.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
have you contacted Brian Gavins Diamonds www.briangavindiamonds.com ? their website isn''t fully functional yet so you can''t find their diamonds but they do have some, I know I got a very reasonable price on H and I color about 1.58 or 1.60 ish size... give them a call at least worth a try. you''ll never know until you try
2.gif

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 10:17:17 AM
I am looking for a 1.7 ct H&A diamond. The max I would be willing to spend is 10,500 on just the diamond and about 2K for the setting. However, I would feel more comfortable spending about 10K on the diamond.
A quick search shows that true H&A diamonds in the 1.7ct range are priced around $17K. That is not to say you can't get a beautiful stone in your budget, however. Here are a couple from James Allen that would be possibilities in your price and size range. You can ask them for IS images.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1213322.asp

and

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1221081.asp

EDT: Staying with H&A and going down in size, here is a good one

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=532

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results