shape
carat
color
clarity

Sydneysiders are you going okay in this lockdown

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I’d reach out to all the Sydneysiders to see how you are faring in this current lockdown. I am pretty resilient and have been okay for 2020 and 2021 so far. However, I am just starting to get a bit sick of it all....looking forward to the day when things go back to normal.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh.
Its tough.
My Dad is late stage 4 cancer and my brother (in Perth) has had 3 planned visits cancelled last minute and my sister (in France) had her trip cancelled and at this stage no date as to when her and her family can visit Australia again. It may be that neither my sister or brother see Dad again.
Sad.
Poor Dad, he’d love to be able to go for a drive, have a meal out, visit friends, go to the movies, the museum, the Art Gallery etc etc as his time remaining is very limited but he cant.
Im surviving a bathroom / laundry renovation. Literally the day they smashed everything out we went into lockdown. So tomorrow it’s 2 weeks.
However it is what it is.
Better that we suffer these difficulties than have thousands desperately ill and dying.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Bron, that's so hard, I'm so sorry for what you and your family are dealing with. Thinking of you and all of Sydney! x

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Sigh.
Its tough.
My Dad is late stage 4 cancer and my brother (in Perth) has had 3 planned visits cancelled last minute and my sister (in France) had her trip cancelled and at this stage no date as to when her and her family can visit Australia again. It may be that neither my sister or brother see Dad again.
Sad.
Poor Dad, he’d love to be able to go for a drive, have a meal out, visit friends, go to the movies, the museum, the Art Gallery etc etc as his time remaining is very limited but he cant.
Im surviving a bathroom / laundry renovation. Literally the day they smashed everything out we went into lockdown. So tomorrow it’s 2 weeks.
However it is what it is.
Better that we suffer these difficulties than have thousands desperately ill and dying.

Thinking of you and yours - hugs xx

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@Bron357 I am so sorry to hear about your father. I hope that you have been able to visit him under the exemption in relation to providing care or assistance to a vulnerable person. Given today’s numbers I think things are likely to start spiralling and I don’t see anything really changing for the next 1.5 months.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of you guys in Sydney. We know how hard it is going through the extended lockdown last year. I really hope you guys can get on top of it soon. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry you are dealing with this and keeping good thoughts for all of you.
May everyone get through this whole and in good health.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 I am so sorry to hear about your father. I hope that you have been able to visit him under the exemption in relation to providing care or assistance to a vulnerable person. Given today’s numbers I think things are likely to start spiralling and I don’t see anything really changing for the next 1.5 months.

Yes, I’ve been over weekly, just me. I’m fully vaccinated in any regard. However DH and DD can’t and don’t accompany me so it’s hard the Dad can’t see DD especially. She is the “apple of his eye” so to speak.
Dad incidentally is in the top 0.01% of Melanoma survivors. His original site was on his neck, a devastatingly short prognosis normally as it goes to the brain, yet he is 5 years stage 4 next month. The Melanoma research team is learning lots from my Dad and he’s giving them his body for further research after death. We are all very ok with this decision.
It’s just chin up and carry on.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of hugs for your family @Bron357

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
And watching and thinking and worrying about all our freinds across the ditch
please keep being good and stay home
You'll get through this

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you @Bron357 , your family and to all the PS in Sydney, take care and stay safe. You will all get through this together.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending mental hugs @Bron357
My sister is also in Sydney and struggling with homeschooling and full time study herself. They were also planning a full renovation this year but now think might not happen! It’s been hard on her mental health and I really want to go visit her so badly. ;(

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending warm thoughts to you and your family @Bron357. This has to be so hard for all of you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results