shape
carat
color
clarity

Sydney Restaurants?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Aussie dwellers and/or those who know Sydney!

My best buddies are heading out for a quick Sydney vacation. Can anyone recommend really good restaurants for some true foodies? Trying to get away from the tourist scene and eat really good local food. They are more comfy with the casual end of the spectrum (good ambience, but no strict dress code like jacket/tie). They are relatively daring in what they eat, so please if you have any recommendations for restaurants that offer excellent food and wine and aren't in tour books, please share. Thank you so much.

Oh, and if it makes a difference, they are staying close to Sydney harbor and the Opera house. :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
No specific recommendations for you but go to Broadsheet Sydney - https://www.broadsheet.com.au/sydney/ All the best foodie places should be featured there. Also, Zomato is a good site for restaurant recommendations and reviews.

That's how we find the best places to eat here!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Ricezo. I'll tell them to check it out.

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi - - this is definitely not for the vegetarians out there... :lol:
But for a really great/unique experience and amazing food, you might want to arrange a private function for your mates at Victor Churchill Butcher in Woollahra. It's a high end butcher/restaurant (jackets/ties not necessary ;-) ) that's set up like a top end jewellery shop...but to display the best meat in Australia rather than jewellery! I went to an event there last year...it was fantastic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Y17dYYUqs

dreamon

Rough_Rock
Hi Minousbijoux,
I no longer live in Sydney but was there ar Christmas.
Bennelong is a restaurant in the Opera House and it is an absolute must do.
I also loved Guilliame which is a short cab ride from the city centre. It is amazing French fine dining.
For more casual try Firedoor. Breakfast at Bills (Bill Granger) is also a favourite for me.
Sydney is awesome!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you dreamon and ADN. I can't wait to hear back on all the good food they ate!

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a really good one near the opera house. Awesome surf and turf.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
This may sound odd... But I think it's called Aria Lol!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you soberguy! I wish I was there with them to try these recommendations :cheeky:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Farmhouse in Kings Cross is a good place to eat, the menu changes often as they only serve food that is seasonal and fresh. It's only small (just over 20) but the food is phenomenal.

It's a pity they aren't coming down to Melbourne, it's the food/culture/sport/music capital of Australia. It's basically the capital of everything except for being the actual capital city of Australia!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results