shape
carat
color
clarity

swollen fingers question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I got engaged on 8/12/06 at the beach. My ring fit a bit snug when I put it on and I actually had a really hard time taking it off the whole time I was at the beach. When FI and I returned home, my finger shrunk a bit and the ring came on and off easily. Everything was fine until the last few days. Now, when I wake up in the morning my fingers are so swollen that I can''t take my ring off and I''ve had to wear it in the shower. Does this happen to anyone else??? It seems weird that it''s started now that it''s getting colder outside...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
This has been happening to me a lot lately. Try taking your ring off before you go to bed.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2006 10:52:50 AM
Author:robbie3982
I got engaged on 8/12/06 at the beach. My ring fit a bit snug when I put it on and I actually had a really hard time taking it off the whole time I was at the beach. When FI and I returned home, my finger shrunk a bit and the ring came on and off easily. Everything was fine until the last few days. Now, when I wake up in the morning my fingers are so swollen that I can''t take my ring off and I''ve had to wear it in the shower. Does this happen to anyone else??? It seems weird that it''s started now that it''s getting colder outside...
so you got engaged just over a month ago? hehe is it that time of the month or will it be soon?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yes, its normal for finger sizes to change. I have been married 11 years and this drives me nuts. When I''m cold, my ring spins. When I''m hot, they are snug. Its just a fact of life.

I hate to sleep with my diamond on and only do it if I''m in a hotel because I don''t want to take it off in a hotel or viseting overnight. At home I always take it off.

In fact, I take it off before I give my kids their bath or showers.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2006 11:07:57 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 9/25/2006 10:52:50 AM
Author:robbie3982
so you got engaged just over a month ago? hehe is it that time of the month or will it be soon?

Definitely not that time of the month. Though, I''d be pretty happy if that''s where I retained water
2.gif

I know that finger sizes change with temperature and other things, I just don''t understand why it''s happening at night now, but not before since it''s much colder over night now than it was a month ago.

Guess I''m going to have to stop sleeping with my ring.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
My fingers are always swollen in the mornings when I wake up and at night right before I go to bed. As well as the other normal times.

If I go to bed with rings on I typicall wake up in the middle of the night because they hurt so badly.

Try taking off your rings before you go to bed.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
My fingers swell at night even if it''s a cold time of the year. I never sleep with them on because they drive me nuts feeling tight in the morning. I only put them on after I''ve been awake for a while and my fingers have gone back to normal.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
My e ring is a size 6 and my w ring is a 5 3/4 so it is a bit tighter. When I am cold (which I am noticing it now with the transition into fall) my e ring flops around, but the w ring helps keep it together. It might help when you have the two together - to help keep it into place.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you may need to go up 1/2 a size or so, especially since adding a wedding band will only make it feel tighter. Personally I can''t stand the feeling of tight rings so I wear them on the loose side, but you have to decide what works for you.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
That''s the thing though, I think if I go up a 1/2 size it''ll be too big when my finger isn''t swollen. It spins a bit when my fingers are cold. I just don''t understand why it''s suddenly started to swell while I''m sleeping. We''ve been home from the beach for over a month now and it''s just started happening within the last few days. I thought with the temps dropping and us not having the heat on yet it would be getting looser not tighter.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
actually, when the temp drops at night here (which it has considerably) I put more covers on which means I get warmer and my fingers swell more than they would before. I used to have that problem a lot but take my rings off now at night so it doesn''t bother me anymore.
Are you sleeping with more covers on to stay warm on those chilly nights? If so, you may be a lot warmer than you think, hence the swollen fingers. I''ve actually woken up in a sweat lately because I have so many covers on!

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
for me, the same thing happens!
I think it''s because sometimes I roll around and kind of sleep on my hands.
its to the point that rings that i losely wear during the day, sometimes i wake up and they are poofy!
haha.
i just pull them off, wear them on the opposite hand, shower and its back to normal.

for me, when i get married, i''ll get my E-ring a 1/4 size bigger.
that should be enough that it won''t pass my knuckles BUT it won''t get the tight "i''m gonna blow up" feeling either!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock

Date: 9/25/2006 7:34:42 PM
Author: robbie3982
That''s the thing though, I think if I go up a 1/2 size it''ll be too big when my finger isn''t swollen. It spins a bit when my fingers are cold. I just don''t understand why it''s suddenly started to swell while I''m sleeping. We''ve been home from the beach for over a month now and it''s just started happening within the last few days. I thought with the temps dropping and us not having the heat on yet it would be getting looser not tighter.
Maybe go up 1/4, then? I don''t remember when you''re getting married, but if it''s kind of tight now it''s going to be worse when you add a band. You can always have it sized then if it becomes a problem, though.

Most of us have quite a bit of size fluctuation, so it''s just a matter of personal preference whether you''d rather have them tight sometimes or loose sometimes.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Salt intake can make you swell. Have you been eating alot more salt than usual?

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and Windex works with getting your ring off, if you don''t want to use soap or butter or something. My pregnant friend insisted on wearing her ring set when we were dowtown one day, and a jeweler offered to clean it. She couldn''t get it off no matter how hard she tugged. The jeweler sprayed on some Windex, wiggled the rings around a bit, and they came off super easily. Or, like others said, taking the ring off before bed is a good idea. You''ll avoid scratching your face or eye, like some people have done. That would hurt something fierce.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 11:06:00 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Salt intake can make you swell. Have you been eating alot more salt than usual?
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Stone Hunter, I''m not sure if I''ve been having more salt, but I do love my salt, so it''s possible.

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
Robbie:

Are you drinking a lot of water? If not, start immediately! It sounds like you could be retaining water and the best thing to do is drink more of it. You''ll feel a lot better and it helps with swelling....

I had the same problem and now by drinking at least 64 oz of acqua a day, I''m slimmer and healthier! Takes care of baggy and circled eyes too!

emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results