shape
carat
color
clarity

swimmer - Buenos Aires info

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
swimmer, I read in the honeymoon post that you're planning on going to Buenos Aires...that's where I was born, but I can't give you too many pointers because I haven't been there in a while (but will make it a point to go within the next year or so).

Anyway, I ran into this blog and thought it might help you out.

http://www.amazingbuenosaires.blogspot.com/

Also, if you have very specific questions like whether a neighborhood is OK or not, feel free to ask me - my aunt and my uncle go every year for several months so they know they know the city like the back of their hand.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Oh fantastic, thank you so much Claudinam! I''m just emailing my contact now for rental apartments and hope to have a neighborhood soon, that would be excellent if you can get a stamp of approval or not.
Thank you so much for the heads up! kisses!

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
Hi Swimmer..... I spent 3 weeks in BA over Xmas and New Years and loved it!! We had travelled Chile and Patagonia before Argentina, finally with a few weeks in BA and then to Uraguay for a couple of weeks at the beach in Punte de Este.

We met friends over there from London and got two separate apartments in the same building in Recoleta.... this seemed to us to be a fantastic location as it was walking distance to the Palermo district which is super groovy and seemed to be where we spent most of our time etc....
Palermo seemed to be the most hip and funky area, and has plenty of boutique shopping, wine/cocktail bars and fab restaurants.

When you go please don''t leave without going to drinks and dinner at the Feuana (SP?) boutique hotel....it is Phillipe Staarck design and whilst we didn''t stay here, we definately will when we go back later this year for the polo...
I would need to look it up on the hotels website again cause my memory for the name is dodgy, but I think the name of the restaurant within the hotel is the ''White Bistro''....this meal and experience was just AMAZING! Take a sparkly frock and some serious heels and treat yourself, my hubby and I talked about it for weeks after.

Fire off any questions if you have any, and I''ll do my best to answer them if I know from our holiday...

You''ll have a fantastic time...I''m now officially in love with BA

Happy Honeymoon,

nomissjane

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swimmer, no problem, please don''t hesitate to ask.

Regarding what nomissjane wrote, Recoleta is absolutely AWESOME, you cannot go wrong there. I can tell you that w/o asking anybody because it''s just what I''ve heard all my life.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Wooo Hooo! Claudinam and Nomissjane, We got our flights, and I''m torn between a few B&Bs. Really, they are like 40-70 USD a night! Incredible! Now my only concern is that we are going to be there in August, not a warm month...well, with global warming, who knows what the temp will be, but I''m looking for day-trip suggestions if you have them. xoxoxo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results