shape
carat
color
clarity

Swim diapers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
We are headed on a vacation to Florida in a couple of weeks. DD is going to be 5 months old and we''d like to take her in the pool while we''re there. I am wondering what I should put on her to go in the water? She''ll have a swimsuit of course, but I seem to recall that diapers get huge when they get wet, do I need a cover or some sort of swim diaper? Both sets of grandparents have beach houses so we''ll be spending lots of time at the beach so I''d like to find something that works well. Any suggestions?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
We use swim diapers. I think both Huggies and Pampers make them. They don't expand the way regular diapers do when they get wet but be forewarned that they are also not very absorbant if your LO actually pees or poops in them!! We always change to a regular diaper pretty quickly after they get out of the water!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
You definitely need a swim diaper for the pool. The sole purpose of a swim diaper is to keep in poop, to prevent contaminating the pool. A pool had to be closed down and sanitized if there''s poop present. We used a reusable swim diaper for DD when she took swim lesson last summer. I like it b/c the fabric is like that of a swimsuit, and it doesn''t get big from soaking up water. But the pee does go right through, so you will need to change to a regular diaper if you are hanging out by the pool. We got our reusable swim diaper at Target, and it was Speedo brand.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful post qtiekki. Regular diapers explode! Imo, Swimming pampers/huggies are lousy and expensive, they don't swell up like regulars but they leak
6.gif
I used Finis [online] & Circo [target] reusables, they have terrycloth inside and a VERY snug fitting.
With a baby that young, I would probably wait until DD had her BM to enter the pool, wearing plastic pants over the bathing suit might be tacky but grandparents need to be protected, Crypto is nasty and cleaning a contaminated pool is quite expensive.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
November, I have swimsuits for Daisy with built in swim-nappies. I bought a load of swim-diapers but haven''t used them.

Having had baths with Daisy in our bath most days since she was born - and we have long baths as she likes to play with toys and water in general - she has only pooped in the bath twice. It was a somewhat gruesome experience... luckily we have a shower in the bath as well!

I wonder if babies tend to prefer NOT to go to the bathroom in water? Daisy nearly always pees or poops shortly afterwards so I get a nappy on pronto once she''s dry!

ETA: the inflatable seats that the baby can sit in are brilliant BTW.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huggies or Pampers sells swim diapers and at most pools my kids have been in, they''re a requirement. It''s an absolute health hazard for your child not to have them on. They do not expand or explode so they''re perfect!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have used both huggies and pampers swim diapers. I buy whatever is on sale and have never noticed a difference. Totally agree with Curly. It is gross if they poop in them but not as gross if they pooped in the pool. Our community pool also requires a rubber cover over the swim diaper. Mine is made by Gerber. They have them at BRU.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Lil Swimmers brand is what we use and they are great

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results