shape
carat
color
clarity

Sweetpea''s Pro Pics FINALLY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, SP, everything about your wedding was beautiful!! You look so happy!!!

Congrats again to you and your (cutie!)
2.gif
hubby!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 1:12:57 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
Quick snapshot of us after the ceremony before heading off to the reception!
What a lovely picture! Beautiful dress and a cutie-pie husband!
28.gif
Congratulations!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 1:24:28 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
Another first dance pic ..
5.gif

You are just gorgeous in this picture! So in love, so happy ... just beautiful!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-You look amazing! Great photos-thanks for sharing. Everything looks so good!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sweetpea, you and your hubby look wonderful, what a beautiful couple! Congrats and enjoy marriage; I think it is great
35.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Sweetpea! I have been waiting for your pictures, and they are absolutely gorgeous! All of the details looked perfect, and you and your handsome new hubby look lovely together! I am so happy for you...thanks so much for sharing!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Sweetpea! I''ve been waiting and waiting to see how your wedding turned out and it was just gorgeous. So glad you shared all those pics, you looked like a movie star and so did your now DH! Everything was beautiful and I''m so glad it all went well for you. Thanks again for sharing! Congrats and best wishes!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty - you both look stunning. I like the mirror photo the best.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, they turned out great! You make a beautiful couple! Your wedding was lovely...I especially love your dress. Congrats to you both!

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sweetpea, you looked so beautiful and happy. Everything was just lovely! Thanks for sharing your pics. I loved your ceremony pics the most. Congratulations!

E B

Ideal_Rock
What gorgeous photos! And a gorgeous couple, too! Thank you for sharing.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous wedding, and you are just stunning! Congrats!!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
The wedding looks like it was beautiful. And I am absolutely loving that dress - you really rock it!!!
1.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
everything looks beautiful and u definately look like Anne Hatheway!!! especially all the profile shots :)

Thanks for sharing ur pics :)

how did ur 1 month training go??

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! You looked really, really beautiful! And, both of you look extremely happy! Here''s to a wonderful, healthy life together!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I was looking forward to your pictures... Everything is so beautiful! Congrats again to you and Mr Sweetpea!
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Everything looks so wonderful, and you look so beautiful! I love picking out unique pics from the weddings here, and I have to say, I LOVE the shot of your back with his arms around you!!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!! LOVE your dress!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i missed this one, you guys are so cute!!! love your dress, just beautiful. congrats sweetpea!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are beautiful SP! Congrats to you and your new hubby!

AmyBride

Rough_Rock
What fantastic and wonderful and beautiful pictures! Congratulations!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
You look beautiful and SO happy! I bet your cheeks hurt from smiling so much!
9.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I didn''t realize there were so many responses! I''ve been really consumed with my new job lately so I haven''t been on as much as I like to, but thankfully I am LOVING the new job, so the one month of training was well worth it!

Thank you so much MsFlutter, diamondseeker, dandiandi, Dani, holly, bee*, skippy, harleigh, monarch, addy, facetfire, teetee, ebree, travelinggal, sassee, msb, suli, anchor, sabine, luckystar, mara, tacori, amybride, fatafelice!!! It definately was hands down the best day of my life!

Now we''re working on planning our honeymoon. We may do it for our 1 year anniversary next november because of his school schedule and the fact that I don''t have a lot of vacation days yet (or really any right now for a few months and I have to use my floating holidays and personal days for my best friend''s wedding that I''m the MOH in in June
36.gif
). We''re thinking possibly the secrets resort in cancun because we''ve heard it''s really nice, but are trying to decide between all inclusive and not right now...yay for planning something else!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
first thing i thought was wow you look like anne hathaway! your wedding pics are lovely and you and hubby are absolutely glowing!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Sweetpea the photos are beautiful and you looked absolutely amazing in that dress. Congrats!

K&L

Shiny_Rock
sweepea - help!

i have the same dress as you do and i wanted to get a french bustle also. i went for my first fitting yesterday and they told me they couldn''t do the french bustle on this dress. they said because the two layers are uneven, the satin would have to be off the ground for the lace to be off the floor. when i got home and looked back at your pictures, i realized that your layers were uneven once the dress was bustled, but i thought it looked just fine like that! did your seamstress have any concerns in doing the french bustle? did you consider other bustles?

also, what was your experience with alterations? i was a bit disappointed when i first tried on my dress because it didn''t fit me as closely in the hips as i thought it would. one seamstress told me they couldn''t take it in and accused me of wanting a mermaid shape when i bought an A-line dress. the other seamstress was much nicer and understanding and told me it could be taken in a little, but i still don''t think with the way they pinned it that mine will fit me like yours does.

(the problem is that i am very petite. i usually wear a 0. they special ordered my dress in a size 2, but it is too big everywhere. they are altering the top, but wanted to leave the bottom alone. the dress really starts going out at my waist and doesn''t offer any "hip defintion" like it does on you)

thanks so much for any advice!!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 10:10:49 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
first thing i thought was wow you look like anne hathaway! your wedding pics are lovely and you and hubby are absolutely glowing!
Thanks, Ginger! I still don''t see it but I love her so I''ll take it! haha.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 6:37:44 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Sweetpea the photos are beautiful and you looked absolutely amazing in that dress. Congrats!
Thanks Crown! I wish we could go back it was so much fun! But I''m glad to have the wonderful memories and the pictures.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 12:42:41 PM
Author: K&L
sweepea - help!

i have the same dress as you do and i wanted to get a french bustle also. i went for my first fitting yesterday and they told me they couldn't do the french bustle on this dress. they said because the two layers are uneven, the satin would have to be off the ground for the lace to be off the floor. when i got home and looked back at your pictures, i realized that your layers were uneven once the dress was bustled, but i thought it looked just fine like that! did your seamstress have any concerns in doing the french bustle? did you consider other bustles?

also, what was your experience with alterations? i was a bit disappointed when i first tried on my dress because it didn't fit me as closely in the hips as i thought it would. one seamstress told me they couldn't take it in and accused me of wanting a mermaid shape when i bought an A-line dress. the other seamstress was much nicer and understanding and told me it could be taken in a little, but i still don't think with the way they pinned it that mine will fit me like yours does.

(the problem is that i am very petite. i usually wear a 0. they special ordered my dress in a size 2, but it is too big everywhere. they are altering the top, but wanted to leave the bottom alone. the dress really starts going out at my waist and doesn't offer any 'hip defintion' like it does on you)

thanks so much for any advice!!
Hey K&L

I'm sorry you're having so many alteration issues. They did have to do a bunch on me as well because I have larger hips than bust measurement so they had to order the larger size to fit my hips properly and take in the waist and bust maybe almost half an inch on each side and some in the waist, and they didn't say it was a problem at all.

They actually even raised some of the lace up somehow so that it wouldn't be too long, so it is possible to hem and raise the lace - they took some of the lace up about an inch all the way around the dress to shorten it a bit because the under layer had to be taken up a teeny bit.

As far as the bustle goes, they didn't give me any objections about doing a french bustle. I liked the uneven layer look, so I never even thought to ask if it had to be that way or not.

My seamstress was great and got everything right the first time, so it definately can be done without too much fuss. Maybe go somewhere else and get another opinion?

Or maybe bring in a pic of mine and say that's the way you want it. Maybe they just assumed that you'd think uneven layers would be bad?

K&L

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the reply! i left my dress to be altered, but it will be bustled later. i go back in 3 weeks, so hopefully it will fit better then and maybe they''ll be able to figure out something with the bustle. i''m definitely going to bring in your pictures to show them! so thanks for posting those!

i''m getting my alterations at the same place i bought my dress and they seem to be a very fair price ($70 for everything i need, though i didn''t need the hem changed). everyone aside from the one lady is soo nice, so i''ll wait and see how my dress looks when i go for my second fitting.

thanks for your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results