shape
carat
color
clarity

sweetheart or no sweetheart

Which neckline? sweetheart or no sweetheart?

• sweetheart

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no sweetheart

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
you might have read my other post-i am having major problems with my dress!! i found a tailor who might be able to fix it. he is cutting open the inside of the dress tonight to find out if he can take it out and he is giving me an estimate tomorrow. we also discussed making the neckline more sweetheart. i am going to let him know what i want to do tomorrow.

so do you like it better like it is, or do you like it better as more of a sweetheart?

thanks!! i am really pretty annoyed about the dress. what do you think?

OK so i tried to make this a poll but i don''t think it will work!

rsz_sweetheartneck.jpg

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock

rsz_regularneck.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i think the subtle sweetheart is enough for your look. no reason to mess with a good thing!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I agree; your dress already has a subtle sweetheart that really works with both the design and your figure. I say keep it as it is.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
A deeper sweetheart neckline is meant to elongate one''s neck and often looks the best on someone with a short neck or broad shoulders. Your proportions are perfect and your dress is gorgeous as is. Don''t change a thing!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 6:33:00 PM
Author: charbie
i think the subtle sweetheart is enough for your look. no reason to mess with a good thing!
my thoughts exactly!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore your dress! its gorgeous on you, I actually like the subtle sweetheart look of #2

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I love it as is! It already does have a slight sweetheart curve to the neckline, which I really like!

By the way, you have awesome collar bones (I think there''s a "proper" term for this that I can''t quite recall!) Sorry if that''s a weird compliment, haha, I just always wanted mine to look like that, but sadly no matter what I weigh, it''s just not my bone structure!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
oh poo, i jumped the gun. I didn''t realize that your dress already had a subtle sweetheart. I like the subtle SH better. Gorgeous dress so I think the less you "mess" with it (aside from getting it to fit your body perfectly) the better. Good luck with your alterations and so sorry to hear about your dress. Sounds like a nightmare!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cocolaw, I went through this same thing, and started having doubts and attempting to change things about my dress at the last minute.

I''m sure you can see the results of the poll, but I wanted to reiterate - your dress is gorgeous on you, and doesn''t need any style modifications. I think you rock it, and changing things could potentially not be for the best. I think it looks beautiful and subtle and I wouldn''t mess with anything other than what has to be done.
2.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i voted #2--i think it looks perfect w/the slight sweetheart!

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
I think you should keep it the way it is. I love the subtle sweetheart neckline!!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I voted to leave the neckline alone. It''s really lovely the way it is, and there is something too distracting about the deeper sweetheart.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like version 2.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i voted no sweetheart. normally i''m a big fan of the sweetheart neckline but i think your dress looks beautiful with the slightly scooped one. i think the existing neckline looks beautiful on you.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
The subtle sweetheart looks best on you =)

I think you''re a little bit stressed about the dress right now and you''re overthinking things. The best thing to do is leave it with the new seamstress to fix the current problems, and don''t change a thing until everything else is fixed. Go and try it on again. THEN, after all that, if you still think a deeper sweetheart is for you, go for it! FWIW, the dress is so beautiful as is and it complements you perfectly. Good Luck, coco!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I like #2, the subtle sweetheart.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 6:48:23 PM
Author: MagsyMay
By the way, you have awesome collar bones (I think there's a 'proper' term for this that I can't quite recall!)

Decollete? Or decolletage? I think...

(ETA: And yes, hers is great!)

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow!!!!! i am shocked! i thought the reviews would be mixed a little!

cindy you are probably right. i think i am prob over thinking things since im stressed :)!! ok so ill go in tomorrow and tell him to let me keep the neckline like it is! thanks everyone for your kind words

magysmay: haha thank you! this is so funny to me because of the timing--i am big boned--you should see my wrist bones. i have always been big boned, but it was completely evident today when i went suit shopping. all of the suits would fit everywhere except that the shoulders would be too tight...it turns out i have very broad shoulders!!!!!
40.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
LOL on the decolletage comments

And great to hear! Keep us posted on your dress

VictoriaEremita

Rough_Rock
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your dress. I hope things turn out okay. I''m siding with the majority of the other ladies, I think it looks great on you just how it is!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey coco! I still love your dress! One of my faves!

I had the exact same situation as you...my dress had a "gentle" sweetheart". I pinned it down further, and had my tailor put a tuck in it. I decided not to do it. I''m glad I didn''t. I think your dress is perfect the way it is.

good luck!!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Coco, I voted for keeping the original neckline. I think the subtle sweetheart is perfect as is! Sorry to hear you're having problems with your dress. FWIW, from what I can see, you look awesome!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Cindy: AH yes, that''s the word I was looking for!!

Coco, I don''t know what you''re talking about! Big boned?! Hardly!! I''d kill for your collar bones, ha!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I much prefer the slight sweetheart. Cocolaw, you look absolutely stunning in your wedding gown!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
hee hee, so the vote is currently very tipped in one direction is this a democratic vote? Do we "win?"

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 3:19:30 AM
Author: mayachel
hee hee, so the vote is currently very tipped in one direction is this a democratic vote? Do we ''win?''

LOL yes!! i give up! you win.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results