shape
carat
color
clarity

sweetest bf ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dncer228

Rough_Rock

hi ladies!!

I just wanted to share some cute little moments my bf and I have had the past few days.

I''m like most ladies on this site that go crazy on a daily basis-consumed w/the thought of not being engaged and thinking it''s never going to happen!! It was nice to be able just to enjoy being in love and reflecting on little moments that make me love him so very much!! I hope it gives some of us LIW some encouragement and helps remind us why we love our men so much even if we don''t have that much wanted sparkly yet!!

I know that one day we will be engaged (he called me his wife the other day by accident-it was so cute!!) and I just have to be patient (we''ve been dating for 3 years now).

Some of this stuff might be a tad TMI but it''s just so cute I have to share!!

-Saturday. I have 3 little girls (ages 9,6,and 5) that love my bf to death. His new nickname as of lately (about a month ago) is "daddy mike". It''s so touching to hear them call him this-my youngest was just 2 when we started dating and she adores him. On Saturday, Mike and the girls were outside in the backyard-the girls had blankets spread out under our grapefruit tree and were happily playing with each other and their toys while Mike cleaned out and fixed our shed. My middle child needed to ask him a question so she caming running across the yard towards him yelling out "daddy" without even thinking about it!! she clapped her hand over her mouth and then said "sorry". He smiled at her, then got down to her level, hugged her and said "it''s ok sweetie, one day I really will be your daddy-you can call me that anytime you want." I wanted to cry!!

-Tuesday. I was in the shower getting ready for work. We have glass shower doors and he walked in to brush his teeth. I jokingly told him "get out, this show isn''t free mister." He gave me this really coy smile and left the bathroom. A few mins later he came back, throwing pennies over the shower doors!! we both laughed for several minutes over that one-he then pressed his nose up against the glass and told me he loved me.

-Today. He alot of times gets off of work before I do (we both work night shift 7p-7a but if his crew gets done fixing all the airplanes for the night-they can leave early) so he was asleep when I got home. He woke up when I climbed into bed. I leaned over and laid my head on his shoulder-he stroked my face until I fell asleep-so sweet. I got up again at 2p to come into work early and didnt wake him when I left. When I got to work there was an email from him saying to have a good night at work and that he loved me very much.

It''s moments like this that I feel horrible for having those LIW temper tantrums!!! I know I have a great guy but I can''t wait to be able to call my husband for real so it''s hard to find patience!!

Hope you don''t mind me sharing!!!

Renee

ringless

Shiny_Rock
The shower thing is so darn cute! haha. My boyfriend also emails me sometimes, and is constantly leaving me surprise post-it notes everywhere. I go to sleep earlier than he does so we dont get to talk much in the evening... and it's nice to go to work the next day and have an email waiting for me from him
emsmile.gif

Isn't it great to have wonderful bf.'s...
9.gif

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Those are great little tidbits, Renee
1.gif
Isn''t it so nice to feel loved like that? I find that the silly times are what makes a couple feel closest. It must be wonderful to have your children think so highly of your SO.

You know, it''s funny--it is sometimes so hard to see the great things about your guy when you (the general "you") are so focused on what he''s NOT doing (i.e. proposing). I find that I rarely say nice things about my boyfriend to others, even though I do think he''s a great guy. I am definitely a complainer, but I had a talk with a friend of mine some time ago, and I have recently decided to use her concept of "sweet lips." She says (and for her, this is very much based in spirituality and religion, but I think it can be applied secularly for my own life), in a nutshell, the more you speak and think positively, and eliminate the negative thoughts and words that come out (for instance, thinking or complaining that he hasn''t proposed yet), the more wonderful things will come to you and the more satisfying a life you will have.

My friend is an incredibly inspiring person, but for someone like me who is always whining about everything, it''s a difficult thing to put into practice. It really dawned on me last Thursday night when I was out with some folks from school, and one girl (who I don''t know very well) said something that really upset me. She said, "Do you even LIKE your boyfriend? You never say anything nice about him."

Wow. I felt like such an enormous jerk. Of COURSE I love him--I am not the kind of person who stays with someone just to be in a relationship. Do I complain--oh YES, but it''s strange, because I am so open about discussing certain issues I have with my boyfriend (and I do so often for comic effect), but I find that the things he does for me when it''s just the two of us are so intensely personal that I don''t even think to talk about THAT with other people. When he rubs my head to help me get to sleep, or when he is just plain silly and grabs me and tells me I''m beautiful...or when we do naughty things--I really don''t share that too much (well, once in a while
10.gif
). These sweet things happen a lot, but I have been so clouded with negativity that I clearly have been forgetting how much I value our relationship.

Anyway, I guess what I''m trying to say is--I''m glad you started this topic, Renee. I am also trying focus on the awesome things about my bf like you are doing with yours!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Those are great little tidbits, dncer
1.gif
Isn''t it so nice to feel loved like that? I find that the silly times are what makes a couple feel closest. It must be wonderful to have your children think so highly of your SO.

You know, it''s funny--it is sometimes so hard to see the great things about your guy when you (the general "you") are so focused on what he''s NOT doing (i.e. proposing). I find that I rarely say nice things about my boyfriend to others, even though I do think he''s a great guy. I am definitely a complainer, but I had a talk with a friend of mine some time ago, and I have recently decided to use her concept of "sweet lips." She says (and for her, this is very much based in spirituality and religion, but I think it can be applied secularly for my own life), in a nutshell, the more you speak and think positively, and eliminate the negative thoughts and words that come out (for instance, thinking or complaining that he hasn''t proposed yet), the more wonderful things will come to you and the more satisfying a life you will have.

My friend is an incredibly inspiring person, but for someone like me who is always whining about everything, it''s a difficult thing to put into practice. It really dawned on me last Thursday night when I was out with some folks from school, and one girl (who I don''t know very well) said something that really upset me. She said, "Do you even LIKE your boyfriend? You never say anything nice about him."

Wow. I felt like such an enormous jerk. Of COURSE I love him--I am not the kind of person who stays with someone just to be in a relationship. Do I complain--oh YES, but it''s strange, because I am so open about discussing certain issues I have with my boyfriend (and I do so often for comic effect), but I find that the things he does for me when it''s just the two of us are so intensely personal that I don''t even think to talk about THAT with other people. When he rubs my head to help me get to sleep, or when he is just plain silly and grabs me and tells me I''m beautiful...or when we do naughty things--I really don''t share that too much (well, once in a while
10.gif
). These sweet things happen a lot, but I have been so clouded with negativity that I clearly have been forgetting how much I value our relationship.

Anyway, I guess what I''m trying to say is--I''m glad you started this topic dncer. I am also trying focus on the awesome things about my bf like you are doing with yours!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results