shape
carat
color
clarity

Sweet smelling ideas for LA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thfulleffect

Rough_Rock
I am in need of help, so I turn to those whose opinions I trust most: complete strangers.

Supposedly the olefactory sense (that is the sense of smell) is the strongest tie between senses and memories. It is with that in mind, that I feel it is important to make this memorable occasion occur somewhere that is pleasing to the sense of smell. I live in the LA/OC area and am simply wondering if anyone here can think of any places that are particualry strong is (a pleasant) scent. My thought be hind this is that in 40 or 50 years, the scent can be replicated, thereby triggering happy memories of the day that it all started, so to speak.

Thank you in advance, Pricescopers, for your advice. Though up until now I have been a mere lurker, I have learned much from your regulars on here.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the scent of eucalyptus is piped through the system at the Mission Inn in Riverside. I'd give them a call about that.

The OC fair? The smell of frying twinkies in the air.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
What about the huntington botanical gardens? or what if you buy a lot of gardenia''s or tuberoses and place them all around you wherever you propose? That way, you can always buy her the flowers on anniversaries or special occasions and it will bring back the memories of when you proposed...you could fill up a whole room with them.

Gardenia is my all time favorite scent and it always triggers strong emotions and the fragrance just intoxicates me~!

on a side note, most fragrant flowers smell at night only...so to get the full effect, you might want to do it in the evening...

good luck!!!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...Los Angeles and Orange County have great places....

I love the smell of the gardens at the Getty Museum (but they are not all that private unless it is a weeknight)...I also love the smell of Disneyland (hehe, I know....a proposal there is only for a select few who really love the place), it smells like sweet Disney sugar and childhood fun for me!

The smell is in part because of the wonderful candy stores that line the "streets". Because the smell is candy and beautiful flowers, it could be replicated....There are some WONDERFUL nice places to eat at the Hotels there (Disney''s California) which look like a Four Seasons (or close) or the Blue Bayou in New Orleans (which is next to the Pirates ride) which also have the same Disney smell. In addition, you could make a very romantic proposal there with the fireworks and gardens.....

My parents live in Laguna Beach so there is always the thought of the smell of the sea!!!!

Good Luck!!!

UCLABelle

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
YES! The Getty museum...how beautiful and romantic in the garden. The tram ride up to the museum and the view overlooking the city is very picturesque and romantic. Almost like a getaway within the city.

How about the garden at the Norton Simon museum in Pasadena?

Museums surrounded by such beautiful art seem a perfect way to celebrate the rest of your lives together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results