shape
carat
color
clarity

sweet promises

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i think us ladies should have our own thread where we can show off our stuff too so ill start it....

show US and the world your promise jewelery... whether it be a ring bracelet, earings or a necklace....share your pics and your stories with us....

ill have pics up soon i promise

thanks everyone...lets have fun with this
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute idea! I never did the promise ring thing... I guess by the time I was in a relationship serious enough to be pointing toward marriage, I was no longer in the age bracket that thinks about promise ring first, engagement ring second. I just held out for THAT ring! That way, all bling funds went into my EEEE ring!
28.gif

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Great thread!!!
face16.gif

I received this on our 3rd anniversary...
1.gif
He got it from WhiteFlash:

Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.780
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 61
Table: 56.4
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.94-5.96X3.63

Ring Flower 3 Revised.jpg

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Sorry... I am not sure how to do mulit-pics in a response... EEK!
6.gif
I did not feel my flower pic did the ring much justice
40.gif
so here is one from WF themselves. lol

Profess Pics WF.jpg

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
BlackDiamond21-

I love the simple solitaire- really classic. But do people ever confuse it for an engagement ring? Or even worse, did you think he was proposing when you first saw it?? I might have, so I'm just curious...

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Never did the promise ring route either, I was 22 when we met and we started looking at e-rings 6 months later.
All of the funds went to my e-ring, which I''m okay with.

My friend got a promise ring that she claims to have been allergic to! loll So, she never wore it, she said she was allergic to nickle?? Do cheaper white gold have more nickle in them???

cherry_vanilla

Rough_Rock
I don''t have a picture, but it''s a simple white gold band with a small inset square blue topaz. I got it for Christmas last year after over 2 1/2 years together and I still felt like I was "too old" for a promise ring - the only girls I know who had them were 15 year old high schoolers with their boyfriends of like 3 months, or guys who gave one to their girlfriends just to shut them up about not proposing NOWNOWNOW.

It was my boyfriend''s idea to get me one, though I really wouldn''t have minded if I never got one and just waited for the real thing. Fortunately it doesn''t really look anything like an engagement ring so no one asks, that would be really awkward
40.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
I don't have my digital camera with me, but my promise ring was given to me for our one-year anniversary....we were 18!!!!!!!!
It was so sweet. We were at the very top level of the CN Tower in Toronto, Canada. It was such a lovely moment. The sun was going down and he just said that he would one day give me an even better ring and that he was glad to have found me.

I wear it on my right hand and it doesn't really look like an engagement ring....it is very a very simple ring...and I love it.

White gold, with .50ct of channel set diamonds.

I can't wait for him to propose.

We will have been together for 4 years in May!!!!!
36.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i promised you guys pics of my ring and here she is and this is her story...

when i was 16 and he was 18 we knew that we were ment for each other.... and no were not prefect and we do and did fight...but we knew that we were way way way to young to get engaged and married so next best thing and promise ring mine started as a .10 rb in a very delicate twisted solitare (10k white gold) he didnt have much so just the fact that he got me a real diamond was huge for me since i would have settled for a cz or a gem stone....but for christmas adn my birthday they next year he surprised me with an upgrade to a .25 in the same setting which was a big step and you could see the diffrence....i loved it and for our 2 year. anniversary which fell near my dreaded ACT''s he surprised me once again with yet another upgrade this time to a .50 rb in the same setting which was like an i love you you worked hard and im proud of you gift. then for chirstmas of my senior year and my brithday he gave me my pears which i love and compliment my stone very well i think! he did an amazing job and i love him for it.... he takes good care of his girl! so here she is sorry i dont have all the specs cause he never gave them to me sicne they were all surprises.... it look cloudy but its not i just dont know how to take pictures yet...
DSC03786.jpg
DSC03800.jpg

DSC03803.jpg

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
omph there are my chubby size 9 hands!!! sorry nails are gross

doobao

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if this is a promise ring or not.
We got a pair of rings from one of my favorite brand, Chrome Hearts, for our 1 yr anniversary.

15251735856629l.jpg

cherry_vanilla

Rough_Rock
I actually found a picture of my ring online!

myringmt5.jpg

I wear it on my left hand, mostly because I use a computer a lot for school (programming argh!) and the CLICKCLICKCLICK against the mouse drove me completely crazy!

emilina22 - I see you also wear yours on your left, do people ever think it''s the "real thing" since based on the specs you gave it most definitely could be?

doobao - I like the coordinating rings!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
yea alot of people assume im engaged and then i have to break the news that im not and that its a promise ring but people are always like its so pretty and spcrkly and that he did a good job...which i thnk he did...

it usually happens at work casue i work retail and the lighting does wonders for my ring!!!! i dont mind them asking tho at least i know its eye catching

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results