shape
carat
color
clarity

sweet or cliche

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
First off I am a 25yr old gay male from america and about to propose to my bf from the UK. I wanted to so the cupids capsule on the london eye and propose at the top. He's been with one of his girlfriends before so I don't know if it will be as special. I've only been to the UK once so its hard to pick a location. If any are interested in what the ring looks like http://www.sunjewelry.com/mr1408.html
Its 1.30 carats on 14k white gold with onyx. I upgraded to vs1 vs2. G-H diamonds. Its my first time diamonds shoppin ill post my own pics later. It love the masculine look of the ring lemme know if u guys have any ideas and what u think about the ring thanx

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I think the ring is lovely. With regards to your proposal...cupids capsule is certainly romantic and the proposal will memorable. Perhaps consider creating a unique experience for the two of you...there are so many opportunities in London! Hyde Park?

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
Thanx I have read loads about hyde park. I want the whole day to be magical as well might add that in there! Thanx

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Come back and post hand shots!!

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
I will do some tonight after work. I don't get to propose until september though. Sooooo nervous

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the delay on the pics. This is the best i could do for now. I just learned how hard diamonds are hard to photograph. LOL
Hope u all love the ring as much as i do. Lemme know what you think!

IMG_3394.jpg IMG_3388.jpg IMG_3400.jpg IMG_3387.jpg IMG_3383.jpg

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
I also decided that i wanna engrave it but i guess i need to call sun jewelry and see what they say. I wanna engrave on the outside of in though the inside doesnt give much room. Engraving will make it more personal, more sentimental you think? I'm fighting myself about it.....help!

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. I personally love the idea of engraving the ring. You could either have the ring engraved with something special now before you propose, or you could wait until you both have your rings and engrave them together if you cant make up your mind yet on what exactly you wish to say. Either way, win-win. September isnt too far away, so if you want it done in time for the proposal, you might need to check soon. Please come back with your proposal story and hand shots!! Best of luck to you!

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
I know I'm so nervous and excited. So far the london eye is still the main idea but still open to other ideas....

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Well, you can always have that as a plan and then see how things go and if there is a different spot that catches your eye!

BubbleGumPlant

Rough_Rock
Are you looking for something secluded or are you open to somewhere public? If you are ok with public, there's Trafalgar Square - pretty famous with those stone lions. You can climb up on the lions and you get a really nice view of the square. If you are able to go a bit outside of London, there is a castle called Herstmonceux Castle that is beautiful (it's in Hailsham but definitely worth it). It's secluded so you would take the tube to the train station to catch the train to Brighton I believe and from the train station take a taxi to the castle. They do tours of the grounds so you could go with that as an excuse. There's tons of green space, a beautiful garden and of course a castle complete with moat and drawbridge. Good luck!

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
Thanx bubblegum that sounds super romantic. if im gonna do the London eye i have to book it in advance. But the castle sounds like a fairy tale i love it. We always considered our relationship a fairy tale because of all the odds against us. Now i have somethin to think about lol thanx!

BubbleGumPlant

Rough_Rock
No problem. Good luck! Also, I double checked directions and the train station you want to get off at is called POLEGATE not Brighton like I previously said. There are usually taxis waiting there and you can get one to take you directly to the castle. :)

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much. Weighing my options. Were gonna go to spain on holiday and that's another option but I wanna do it and have it stop playing on my head lol

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
Okay so here's the update! The trip to London has been booked for a week or so and today I booked the Cupids Capsule for the London Eye!!!!! I plan on proposing on Sept 24th!!!!! Only 22 days left!!!!! Okay so earlier today I got the ring engraved. (Side Story) While I was having it done there was a gentleman in the store with his mom and they were looking at engagement rings. The sales person and I gave him our opinions. Then she sales associate ask him when hes gonna pop the question, to which he replies monday on her birthday, two days away, I just had to shake my head.......but hey to each his own.

Anyways back to the ring. My boyfriend is Italian so i decided to have the inscription in Italian. So here it is. and my crappy phone cam pics....didnt feel like pulling out the DSLR sorry lol...Hope u guys like!!! Lemme know

Ti amerò finchè ho vita - I will love you while I still have life.

2011-09-02_18-03-26_478.jpg
2011-09-02_18-04-58_303.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Oh, so lovely! It's going to be a special trip. Post photos!

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
Thank you im getting super anxious!!!! Im just glad as its all done and booked, now the waiting game.....LOL

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I think many men get a bit nervous before...it's natural. But it will be perfect!

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
Well for a few month onlly his sister knew and has been helping with EVERYTHING. Shes the best! The parents, brother and sisters husband know. So I know the more people that know the more likely it is to get to him, so im in panic mode! But i trust the family. When i told his mom on cam you should have seen her face and when I showed her the ring. It was great to see that and know they are fully supportive! His mom and sister are already showing me things online for the wedding that wont take place for another year lol. i love it!

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
Update : I leave for the UK on Wednesday and I propose on Saturday! So I booked the Bateaux London dinner cruise for after the proposal on the london eyes cupid capsule and everything has fell into place. Even picked myself up a matching ring for the engagement party his mom is throwing together, she wanted me to have a ring as well. He is still absolutely clueless and I can't wait! Its so close! Wish me luck all!

eddiexp

Rough_Rock
Sounds like you've got every last detail worked out. Now you just sit in anticipation waiting for the day :lol: But rest assure, all this hard planning will definitely payoff as I am sure everything will go smoothly on the big day. Good luck!!

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
HE SAID YES! The whole experience was perfect! I'm still in London @ the moment but I will post details and pics. Tonight is the engagement party. So I will post everything tomorrow!

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
First off sorry for the delay. Its been an eventful couple of days to say the least lol. But I'm here with a few pics now to show you guys!!!! Everything managed to stay secret and he was completely oblivious to the whole thing which worked out in my favor! The first pics are snapshots from the video we took of the proposal so the quality may be so so.

snap2011-10-06-13h24m42s151.jpg
snap2011-10-06-13h25m57s71.jpg
IMG_0915.jpg

Here are a few shots taken after he said YES!!!!

IMG_0922.jpg
IMG_0919edit.jpg

Right after are the pics from the 4 course 2 and a half hour dinner cruise with candle light dinner and live band and dancing.....was just amazing!!!!

IMG_0926.jpg
IMG_0928.jpg IMG_0930.jpg

Im regretting not taking the DSLR but these shots arent to shabby. The following pics are from the surprise engagement party that his mom and sister put together. i originally thought it was just the family going out to eat to celebrate but it was a massive party at home with LOADS of family, friends, food, and drinks! i was shocked at all the detail put into it!!!! Hope u all like the pics and thanx again to everyone that help with suggestions, advice, support and ideas!!!! meant the world to me!!!!!! I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!

IMG_3903.jpg IMG_4042.jpg
IMG_3912_0.jpg
IMG_4031.jpg IMG_3994.jpg IMG_3979.jpg IMG_3940.jpg IMG_3909.jpg IMG_3910.jpg

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! You two look really happy and the pictures are great and I love the ring! I wish you both the best! :appl:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!!! :appl: It looked like it was beautiful, both the view at the proposal, and the party afterwards. You are lucky in that you are marrying into a family of loving and supportive people.

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
Yes I feel so very lucky! Thanks for the comments, he support has been amazing! So happy everything went as plannned. Couldn't ask forr more!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your engagement! I think your rings are perfect and you look so happy together! Wishing you many great years together!

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
Thanx so much.I'm on the clouds at the moment

Sun-Shine

Rough_Rock
WOW!!! It all looks like perfection! Congrats!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results