shape
carat
color
clarity

Survived a Pterional Craniotomy and a Brain tumor removal.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got home from five days in the hospital.

Didn't know if I was going to survive and was a little embarrassed to ask for "dust" earlier but was told by the neurosurgeon to expect a 1 - 2 month recovery. My Neurological function is intact but due to the location of the tumor, neurosurgeon had to cut and then reattach the temporalis muscle to my jaw, so yes it is sore when I chew or talk.

Also have a divot in my forehead from one of three pins where they attach the Mayfield Clamp (Google it) to your skull to hold it absolutely still during surgery to cut my scalp, drill the pilot holes in my skull, connect the dots to remove the bone flap to expose the brain and then remove the tumor.

I think that I should treat myself to the 6ct N CBI diamond for that divot.

Am more fortunate than ccuheartnurse because the first thing I did when I got home was to put my jewelry back on.
Am also fortunate that the Chief of Neurosurgery operated on me and that my neuroanesthesiologist had 20 years of experience.

Still quite weak from the operation, a simple task like eating a bowl of oatmeal took an hour yesterday. Will not be posting much on
PS until I get my strength back. Am doped up on Percocet for the pain presently.

Re: Survived a Pterional Craniotomy and a Brain tumor remova

My mom had that clamp. The divots get better. Seriously. You can't even see hers anymore.

As for the rest. OMG!!! How terrifying that must have been. I'm so happy you are back with us and that it all went well.

MUCH DUST for health and recovery!!

Get well. You deserve jewelry!

HI:

Take care--healing vibes across the miles!

cheers--Sharon

DUST, prayers and well wishes. Bless your heart! So glad you are home recovering.

You are a trooper. Lots of dust and best wishes !!!

cflutist, I am sorry to hear all you've been through but thrilled to see you've pulled through and seem to be your usual marvelous self! All dust and hugs coming your way.

yes, you deserve and should get that 6 carat diamond!
best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Holy crap! I hope you're feeling better soon. Six carats seems reasonable under the circumstances.

Wow, Cflutist, my best for the speediest of recoveries!
lulu said:
Holy crap! I hope you're feeling better soon. Six carats seems reasonable under the circumstances.
I agree with Lulu, very reasonable. Take care!!! :wavey:

I hope you have a speedy and full recovery!

Wow - what a brave person you are! I hope you feel better soon, and I'll be sending lots of "dust" your way!

cflutist - I'm so glad your surgery went well. Lots of dust for a fast and thorough recovery!

Praying to God for you to have a peaceful, pain free and speedy recovery.

What a blessing to have the best of the best to perform the surgery on you and administer the anesthesia. I have, unfortunately, had experience with brain surgery (meningioma associated with subdural hematoma) in the past and can relate with what you are going through. Please rest the way that the doctor's recommend and take it easy.

Oh my goodness!!! I am so sorry but thankful you had good results from the surgery! I will pray for you to be well soon!

Soooo glad to hear that you are on the other side of the surgery and doing well...

As for the 6Ct- Why not!

I am thankful to God for your successful surgery and am praying for a quick recovery! Please be a good patient and rest a lot so you get well real soon {{{hugs}}}.

Let's choose a diamond for that divot! Glad you made of through OK.

Hoping your recovery goes quickly. Take your time recovering with lots of rest and dreams about large sparkly diamonds. Glad the surgery went well.

Dust for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery. I am sorry you had to go through this.

OMG, you poor thing - dust from the other side of the world and on mass from the whole P/S community. Many hugs and I hope you have a full and speedy recovery!!!!

Hoping for quick healing for you, please rest.

Sorry to hear you had to go through so much. Wishing you a smooth and speedy recovery.

Oh my goodness! Wishing you better.

So glad you are home and finished with the surgery! How scary but you are on the other side of it now and everything from now on is healing, getting better and recovering fully.

Sending you good thoughts and healing vibes for a full and easy recovery. And yes, a 6 carat seems appropriate under the circumstances.

You made it through and you are here and OK. Nothing beats that. (((HUGS))).

I am glad it all went well and I have my fingers crossed for a smooth recovery. How very scary!

So glad to hear you are home and doing ok cflutist; I hope your recovery goes quickly and smoothly!

You deserve 6 carats and more!
Wishing you a quick recovery.
Please let us know how you are doing, we are all thinking of you!

Happy healing vibes to you. You've well earned that 6ct monster.

TAKE YOUR TIME and TAKE IT EASY ON YOURSELF. Aim for two months, not one.

You are an inspiration! Wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of bling :)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP