shape
carat
color
clarity

Superior pampering gift for deserving gal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I need help with pampering gifts for a woman who''s 41, works her butt off supporting five people and deserves a treat! Unique and fun things but not expensive (less than $20-30) because a big gift wouldn''t be appropriate. . .I purchased some candles and holders for her already, but these seem a bit cliche and I''m thinking maybe there''s something out there besides the usual that I purchase for myself (candles and lotions) Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How about a gift cert for a mini-manicure or pedicure or facial?

cheers--Sharon

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or a day at the spa.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
How about great bath salts or a body cream from Aveda or Origins or somewhere like that; a gift certificate to a simple but indulgent treat that might be her favorite (ice cream, Starbucks, movies, etc...), a nice bottle of champagne and some truffles or something similar that might be her favorite, etc. The theme is to spoil her with something simple that is specifically something that she already likes or would appreciate sampling. Making it "about her..."

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
oooh what a sweet idea....and how nice of you to be thinking of her!

I was once given a basket that had some herbal teas and chocolate on one side and it had lotions and bath stuff on the other - the note inside said it was to pamper me inside and out! Very cute.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2005 11:40
6.gif
7 PM
Author: lop
How about great bath salts or a body cream from Aveda or Origins or somewhere like that; a gift certificate to a simple but indulgent treat that might be her favorite (ice cream, Starbucks, movies, etc...), a nice bottle of champagne and some truffles or something similar that might be her favorite, etc. The theme is to spoil her with something simple that is specifically something that she already likes or would appreciate sampling. Making it 'about her...'
Yeah, find out what she considers to be pampering. Will she require babysitting services? Sometime just a day out alone to window shop can be theraputic.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one thinking out of the box. Recently a few friends went to one of the pottery painting places. We all made memory tiles - a word or symbol of our own great memories. It was fun, relaxing & we had something practical in the end w/ meaning.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
How nice of you!
1.gif

What about a gift certificate to her favoritie restaurant (or maybe take her if it''s appropriate)...I know eating out is the first thing to go when someone has a lot of responsibilities and is on a budget... I also agree with lop--scented creams are heavenly and may not be something she''d buy for herself.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 10:42:40 AM
Author: fire&ice
Yeah, find out what she considers to be pampering. Will she require babysitting services? Sometime just a day out alone to window shop can be theraputic.
This is why I needed suggestions. I''m just not sure. . .the starbucks gift card along with a small treat basket may be the best. (this is for my SIL who I don''t know all that well even though my husband and I have been together since hs.) I just wanted the gift to be for her v. the whole family (just wanted to make sure her husband can''t use the gift himself - hehehe
1.gif
.)

I''ve never checked out Aveda''s creams so I''ll do this too. Any recommendations with their products?

Thanks again.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Origins has a white ginger whipped body cream (or something like that) that smells great and feels great on. Aveda has a hand cream called Hand Relief that I love (but I like in dry country, so my hands always need it -- more than people''s who live in more humid climates). Both places usually have samplers you can try, which makes for a fun stop anyway!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 4:33:31 PM
Origins has a white ginger whipped body cream (or something like that) that smells great and feels great on. Aveda has a hand cream called Hand Relief that I love (but I like in dry country, so my hands always need it -- more than people''s who live in more humid climates). Both places usually have samplers you can try, which makes for a fun stop anyway!
oooh, yummy, ginger whipped body cream sounds dreamy! lol The dry hand cream sounds like something i need. My finger tips are so dry from overwashing that they snag on some fabrics
7.gif
Isn''t it bad when you go shopping and you end up buying one gift for the person and then another product for yourself??? lol

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 4:33:31 PM
Origins has a white ginger whipped body cream (or something like that) that smells great and feels great on. Aveda has a hand cream called Hand Relief that I love (but I like in dry country, so my hands always need it -- more than people's who live in more humid climates). Both places usually have samplers you can try, which makes for a fun stop anyway!
I have the Ginger Souffle--it is awesome. It was also on Oprah's "favorite things" holiday show a few years ago. There is a whole line--you can get soap, etc. too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Anything Aveda is dreamy--hair products included!

cheers--Sharon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, okay, such rave reviews (even from Oprah)
9.gif
My SIL will be in heaven. lol (I''ll be sure to bring cash and not my debit card or I may end up going crazy since lotion is an addiction of mine!)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 5:34:19 PM
Author: Jennifer5973

I have the Ginger Souffle--it is awesome. It was also on Oprah''s ''favorite things'' holiday show a few years ago. There is a whole line--you can get soap, etc. too.
Do you know if Aveda still carries this stuff? I haven''t made it to the mall to check yet, but online they don''t carry this line. Thanks. (My SIL probably will come next month or so I have a bit of time.)

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2005 10:24:58 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen

Date: 1/17/2005 5:34:19 PM

I have the Ginger Souffle--it is awesome. It was also on Oprah''s ''favorite things'' holiday show a few years ago. There is a whole line--you can get soap, etc. too.
Do you know if Aveda still carries this stuff? I haven''t made it to the mall to check yet, but online they don''t carry this line. Thanks. (My SIL probably will come next month or so I have a bit of time.)
Yes! And it''s by Origins.

Check out the website: Origins Ginger Line

1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2005 10:26:51 PM

1.gif
oh wow! Too many great things. Cool!
3.gif
Have you tried the shampoo & conditioner?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2005 10:37:29 PM

Date: 1/22/2005 10:26:51 PM

1.gif
oh wow! Too many great things. Cool!
3.gif
Have you tried the shampoo & conditioner?
No--but the scrub, bath float and cologne are great!
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

Date: 1/22/2005 10:39
6.gif
6 PM

1.gif
The bath float sounds perfect! Thanks again for your recommendation. My sil will enjoy this as bath time is the only chance she gets to have time alone
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2005 10:44:57 PM
2.gif

Date: 1/22/2005 10:39
6.gif
6 PM

1.gif
The bath float sounds perfect! Thanks again for your recommendation. My sil will enjoy this as bath time is the only chance she gets to have time alone
2.gif
The float + the ginger pillar candle would be a great "relax" kit!
2.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results